Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SOUPY SHUFFLE  (Read 14514 times)

DAW

Re: THE SOUPY SHUFFLE
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »

Are any of you New Yorkers familiar with or know of the following former Broadway performers:

DONNA CONFORTI

CHRISTOPHER MONTH

VICTOR STILES

They may, or may not still reside in New York City and the may or may not still be involved in theater.

I am trying to find out if they are still around and intersted in being interviewed, but cannot locate any info (although I do have a partial address for Christopher Month at 300 75th St...but don't have the apartment #)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »

Spotted over at Twitter:

-Dates should be formated as MM/DD/YY except for the years 1990 through 1992, which should be denoted in 'Hammer Time.'

-If you're short on space, "fake" may be used in place of "psychic" or "homeopathic."

-The correct title for an unmarried woman is "Ms." "Miss Jackson" should only be used if you are nasty.

-While it's tempting to call them "baristi" because of the Italian roots, the plural of "barista" is "journalism majors."

-You cannot libel the dead. You can, however, libel the undead. Vampires have powerful lawyers and hypnotism, so be careful.

Courtesy of the The Fake AP Stylebook

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »

Oh.... One more....

-The correct spelling is 'Mr. T.' People who type out 'Mister' are fools to be pitied.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »

DR FJL - Is this for real?!?!?

NY Freelancers and Studios: A Tax Alert - MTA Tax Due November 2

I heard about this from my accountant, but i have received no forms, etc. so I am not sure what to do at this point but see my accountant on Monday.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2009, 09:37:44 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »

Weird little morning so far.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2009, 09:43:26 AM »

Not even sure why it's weird.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »

My accountant says go to your 2008 1040, take the line 12 amount and multiply it by .0034; I owe $150.45 as my bit to help out the goddam asses at the MTA.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »

Not even sure why it's weird.

Yesterday was the weird Manhattan morning: when i left the building there was an Asian man wearing a jacket with the initials MHD who claimed he was with Housing & Development trying to find the tenant in Apt 1D. The whole thing creeped me out. Then I got to the subway to find a train sitting there because the driver had gone ballistic when an insane rider who had got into a fight with another straphanger spit on her. She left the driver's cubicle and beat up the insane man. When I got to the subway, there was yelling between her and the insane man, several police and several subway supervisors. It was really crazy. I was late to Toyland.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:17:14 AM by elmore3003 »

Julie

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 09:50:11 AM »

Hello everyone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 09:51:26 AM »

Part of it is that the lyricist for the long musical is trying to set a schedule for the cast to learn their numbers, and if I'm reading what she's suggesting correctly she's just scheduled the group numbers for twelve hours of rehearsals.  For a table reading.  I think not.  Actors are donating their time and we asked them at their audition if they would throw in a couple of hours to learn their songs - not twelve hours.  So, I've had to send several e-mails reminding them that this is not to be done this way, that this is not the staged reading (and they won't have twelve hours for THAT, music-wise, as one only has twenty-nine hours TOTAL, INCLUDING the performance), blah, blah, blah.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »

My accountant says go to your 2008 1040, take the line 12 amount and multiply it by .0034; I owe $150.45 as my bit to help out the goddam asses at the MTA.

DR elmore - Why go back to 2008? The tax is based on what you made this year, 2009, after March 1, and only if your "net earnings" (from self-employment) are more than $10,000.

"When does this tax start?
The tax is effective March 1, 2009. For 2009 only, the tax is based on ten-twelfths of net earnings for the whole year (this eliminates the need to identify income earned before and after the March 1 date.)"

"When is my first payment due?
The first payment required for 2009 is due Monday, November 2, 2009. This required payment is equal to 75% of the total 2009 estimated tax. The following payment is due Monday, February 1, 2010."
Make Your Own Luck.

Julie

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 09:53:35 AM »

TOD:  The new solo albums from Liz Callaway, Rebecca Luker, and Kate Baldwin.

For many years, I have had a strong desire to record William Finn's "Anytime (I Am There)" and have that played at my own memorial service.  Well, now that song has been supplanted by Steve Marzullo's "Remember."  It's on Rebecca Luker's new album.  And it's an exquisite little gem!

DR DAW, I have long felt William Finn's Anytime to be a hauntingly beautiful and unforgettable song.  The first time I heard it was a live performance of Elegies, and by the time Carolee Carmello finished singing it, I was a stupid mess of tears streaming down my face. 

I will have to listen to Remember.  I haven't heard that one yet.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »

Part of it is that the lyricist for the long musical is trying to set a schedule for the cast to learn their numbers, and if I'm reading what she's suggesting correctly she's just scheduled the group numbers for twelve hours of rehearsals.  For a table reading.  I think not.  Actors are donating their time and we asked them at their audition if they would throw in a couple of hours to learn their songs - not twelve hours.  So, I've had to send several e-mails reminding them that this is not to be done this way, that this is not the staged reading (and they won't have twelve hours for THAT, music-wise, as one only has twenty-nine hours TOTAL, INCLUDING the performance), blah, blah, blah.

Well...

The lyricist needs to learn to teach "faster" then. ;)

-Was the lyricist expecting people to have their music memorized (too)?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »

TOD:  The new solo albums from Liz Callaway, Rebecca Luker, and Kate Baldwin.

For many years, I have had a strong desire to record William Finn's "Anytime (I Am There)" and have that played at my own memorial service.  Well, now that song has been supplanted by Steve Marzullo's "Remember."  It's on Rebecca Luker's new album.  And it's an exquisite little gem!

DR DAW, I have long felt William Finn's Anytime to be a hauntingly beautiful and unforgettable song.  The first time I heard it was a live performance of Elegies, and by the time Carolee Carmello finished singing it, I was a stupid mess of tears streaming down my face. 

I will have to listen to Remember.  I haven't heard that one yet.

DR Julie - That whole sequence in "Elegies".... <major sobbing>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »

Well, time to get ready to meet up with my friend, Paul, from Florida.  I think we're going to check out the new photo exhibition at MoMA among other things.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2009, 10:00:06 AM »

I'm off today...and, upon awakening, mercifully discovered I'd survived another sleep cycle.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »

Today, I am having lunch at Lake Chalet as a belated birthday treat from a friend.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:04:45 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »

Nothing is going to be memorized for the table reading - these people are all nuts, except for the composer - he gets it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2009, 10:19:11 AM »

DR elmore - Why go back to 2008? The tax is based on what you made this year, 2009, after March 1, and only if your "net earnings" (from self-employment) are more than $10,000.

The tax is effective March 1, 2009. For 2009 only, the tax is based on ten-twelfths of net earnings for the whole year (this eliminates the need to identify income earned before and after the March 1 date.)"

The first payment required for 2009 is due Monday, November 2, 2009. This required payment is equal to 75% of the total 2009 estimated tax. The following payment is due Monday, February 1, 2010."

Because it's the easiest way to pay an entire estimated payment for all of 2009. I doubt there will be much difference between my 2008 and 2009 incomes.

Ben

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2009, 10:38:25 AM »

I'm listening to Flowers and Stones (Peter, Paul and Mary). I haven't listened in quite a while. I forgot how much I love this album!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »

Hello, everyone.

MORE BIG THANKS to CILLALIZ, ELMORE, JOSE, FJL, DAN (the MAN), JULIE, MIKEB, JMK, GINNY, and KERRY. If one must go through rough patch this is the place to do it!

VIBES to all DRs for health and prosperity!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:54:42 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »

Media check:

DVD: MEDIUM Season 5
         TRIAL & RETRIBUTION

CD:   CRAZY LOVE

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »

The local equivalent of She of the Evil Eye, AKA Thick as a Brick, is here. Once she starts the vacuum cleaner I CANNOT stand the noise and must split. That will be any minute now.

TTFN.

DAW

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2009, 10:51:41 AM »

Thick as a Brick

Did someone call?

DAW

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »

Julie Andrews may eventually be able to sing again!!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2009, 11:04:38 AM »

Soupy Sales! I used to watch him every time he was on...I loved his show, especially White Fang.

Also, his sons are both rock musicians and worked on an Iggy Pop tune that I've been using for MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE promos.

R.I.P.  Soupy!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »

Because it's the easiest way to pay an entire estimated payment for all of 2009. I doubt there will be much difference between my 2008 and 2009 incomes.

But your 2009 tax is only for March-December; assuming your 2009 earnings =your 2008 earnings, your 2009 tax will be $125.38

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Julie

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »

DRs Ginny, Vixmom, elmore --  If one of you happens to remember, would you please try to pick up a couple extra Finian's Rainbow playbills for me tomorrow?  They are probably opening night playbills, and I would love to add them to my collection.  Thanks!!  Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at 5pm at John's!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up