Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A WAND'RING MINSTREL I  (Read 15989 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: A WAND'RING MINSTREL I
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »

From Cilla:
Evgeni Plushenko looks just like a boyfriend I had years and years ago. He was not a nice person and it makes it very difficult for me to cheer for Plushenko.

He was also the reason I ended up in Phoenix, lol

With his attitude I'm sure a lot of people have trouble cheering for him.  I hope in reality he is nicer than your old boyfriend.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »

From Matt H:
Geography seemed to be something that totally escaped many of my students during my years of teaching..... we NEVER read a story with a particular setting that a map didn't get pulled down and we had a little mini-geography lesson. I also tried to work in as many names of places in grammar work as I could so we could talk about them during a grammar lesson.

I wish more teachers had done this.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »

I missed a few HHW pages along the way, Ginny.  When was that photo taken?

DR FJL, the photo of Jason and me was taken day before yesterday at the Victoria Theatre in Dayton.  Richard and I had just seen TheaterWorks USA's production of Junie B. Jones, in which Jason plays several characters.  We, and several hundred elementary-age kids and their teachers and parents, enjoyed the show very much.  The company is now in Michigan and will be touring until late spring.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 11:32:56 AM »

Thank you for the photo of you and Jason, Ginny. Did you tell him we all miss him and to get back in here?

DITTO!!!
  I think it is wonderful you went to the play. :)

It was our pleasure, DR Jane, and very kind of my friend who works for the theater to walk us in.  I took her Valentine cookies to show our appreciation.

DR Laura, I did ask Jason if it was OK for me to post our photo here, so maybe he'll come looking for it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:03 AM »

Oh, I also took some Valentine cookies to DR Jason.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »

Addressing packages, which is a BORE but must be done.  I'm more than halfway through.  Cason will have to do all the customs forms tomorrow and there are a LOT of overseas packages this time.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »

Did DR DRUXY say he saw Kathryn Grayson do it with Louis Hayward and Arthur Treacher in Cincinnati?

I am appalled.....as would be Louis B. Mayer.

Actually, I saw them do it in Seattle.

I saw the national tour in Cincinnati. It was a beautiful ginormous bore.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »

I finished the chart. Now off to the orchestra rehearsal!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2010, 12:23:10 PM »

Oh, I also took some Valentine cookies to DR Jason.

:)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »

Did DR DRUXY say he saw Kathryn Grayson do it with Louis Hayward and Arthur Treacher in Cincinnati?

I am appalled.....as would be Louis B. Mayer.

Actually, I saw them do it in Seattle.

I saw the national tour in Cincinnati. It was a beautiful ginormous bore.

Songs were great, Hayward was out of his element, and the book, as has been said many times, needed work.
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »

I am so lucky.  Just read this very personal letter I got:
Hello!!!My name is Kseniya. I'm modest girl from Russia. Myage of 28 years old. I think, at this age it's necessary to search forthe man and to create strong family. I search for serious relations. Iwrite to you with this purpose. I don't search for casual relations.I search for the future husband. I have addressed to the manager ofInternet-cafe. I use services the Internet-cafe. I have no owncomputer unfortunately. I have asked the manager to search for the manfor me on the Internet. The manager has addressed to dating site. I saw your profiles on this site. I saw yoursand I have decided to write you. For me you seem interesting by theman. And now I write you. I don't know why. I think, it is femaleintuition. I hope, have not made the wrong choice. I shall be glad tolearn you better. And I ask to answer my e-mail:ksendrulya@yahoo.com I have put a my photo. I shall hope that my letter was not vain and you write to me the return letter. Bye! Kseniya!

Undoubtedly the manager was looking at the wrong dating sites.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:50:14 PM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »

I've been reading everyone's comments about the olympics and national pride.  Maybe it's slightly different in canada. But we don't have athletes like lindsey vonn who are promotional machines.  And here it IS a matter of national pride, and not only because the olympics are in canada.  Maybe when a country is used to winning so many medals it is not as exciting.  But here we can always count them on our hand and remember who won each one.  Yesterday it was thrilling to see the top female long track speed skater actually win in her event (1000m). I'm glad I saw it.

Wasn't it exciting when it seemed the whole world was cheering Elizabeth Manley at the 88 Olympics?  That is the spirit I love, when the enthusiasm for a competitor goes beyond national pride.

Absolutely! That is the ideal which I wish we all could aspire to. I admit going in I have some built in prejudices against particular skaters, but I like to think I'm objective enough to give each one is due if he deserves it. Quite often, the ones doing the most squawking are the ones that truly don't deserve it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player here at work:  King: A Musical Testimony, the new 1994 cast recording of Hello, Dolly!, the original Broadway cast recordings of both Camelot and Candide AND Kathy Griffin's "Suckin' It for the Holidays" (the TWO bonus tracks version ;)).  I downloaded the iTunes version with one bonus track, "Oprah's Nightmare," and downloaded the other bonus track, "Denise Richards' Thought" from Amazon.com and put them all together on one CD.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »

Well, I watched all of the men's final skate that I could. Because of the accident with the skate lace earlier, the show got pushed past midnight, and Plushenko's program got cut off right after he landed his quad toe/triple toe combination. So I still haven't seen his skate or the medal ceremony. I'm sure they'll eventually show up on YouTube. Went to NBC.com, but the skates from last night weren't there. Oh, well.

I adored both Japanese programs, especially the bronze winning program skated to Nino Rota's "La Strada." Had he not had the fall on the quad and one other slight stumble, I would have called it the skate of the night. I just loved his technique and fluidity on the ice.

Johnny Weir was the best I have ever seen him. A clean, moving Olympic skate. Too bad he didn't do this skate four years ago when he was second after the short program. He would have been on the podium for sure.

Evan had a clean skate but it didn't have the fire of his Nationals program even though he had two mistakes at nationals and none last night. He won on his attention to detail and consistency and amazing conditioning to do such difficult steps and jumps and be six feet tall doing them.

Biggest disappointment was Stephan Lambiel who was just flat throughout and whose shoulders dipped at the end of every jump as if he were grasping for those landings. I thought the judges WAY overscored him. I would have had him 6th or 7th instead of 4th and let the Japanese Charlie Chaplin and Johnny Weir and Patrick Chan move up a spot each.

Patrick Chan, the two remaining Japanese skaters, and our Adam Rippon are going to be REAL forces during the next few years.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:15:27 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2010, 01:16:55 PM »

I also let this afternoon be a TV afternoon so I first watched last night's THE MENTALIST repeat. The last of the episodes featuring the OTHER squad before they get wiped out. I remember catching on to the clue very early when I first saw this, so the key to the puzzle came back easily to my mind while rewatching. I still enjoyed seeing the episode again.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »

Next I watched PROJECT RUNWAY. The person who went home definitely deserved to go, and I was glad to see it. No one else came anywhere close to those two horrific "designs."

As for the winner, the two designs were unique and intricate, and I was OK with those designs winning. I might have swapped second and third place, however.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »

I skimmed through AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing whatsoever of interest although Luke was in the previews for next week.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »

ONE LIFE TO LIVE had the two fellas with different feelings about the baby dilemma. Good show, interested very much to see where this is going.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »

Packages are addressed.  I'd love to get these big boxes out of here, but I have no idea when the security company is showing up - they say from noon to five.  Ridiculous.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2010, 01:51:56 PM »

I'm expecting my friend Jeff to drop by for a drink and a chat later, so I need to head down so he's not knocking at a door without someone answering it.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »

Oh, I meant to mention that both Evan and Johnny had different costumes last night for their programs than what they wore at the nationals. Each was a better fit than their previous clothes.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2010, 01:53:49 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »

As promised, here is the photo of DR Jason and his grandmother me.

That's a great picture, Ginny! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »

Back from the band rehearsal. I heard Douglas Sills. Mario Cantone, and my number for Gary Beach. BK, we talked about the "Evening Primrose" tracks and he says he still loveds them and plays them often. He seemed happy with the number, and I'll be happier with it on Monday, when the band's got its music down and the sound system's in place. It sounded good for a rough rehearsal.

I think I may be in bed by 8 pm. I am really really tired.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »

Back from the band rehearsal. I heard Douglas Sills. Mario Cantone, and my number for Gary Beach. BK, we talked about the "Evening Primrose" tracks and he says he still loveds them and plays them often. He seemed happy with the number, and I'll be happier with it on Monday, when the band's got its music down and the sound system's in place. It sounded good for a rough rehearsal.

I think I may be in bed by 8 pm. I am really really tired.

Maybe Inga Swenson can drop by to croon a quick "C'est moi" to you as a lullabye.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2010, 02:39:42 PM »

Oh, I meant to mention that both Evan and Johnny had different costumes last night for their programs than what they wore at the nationals. Each was a better fit than their previous clothes.

Yes, Evan's was quite nice, I thought.   Thank goodness Johnny moved away from that Oksana Baiul-ish concoction with the fur.

As many here know, Johnny "designs" his own costumes (including that saucy corset number -- ugh!).  He made an announcement today that his interest now leans toward "fashion design."

Quelle surprise!

Not.

"Pwoject Wunway", look out!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »

Great photo, DR Ginny!  It's nice to see your smiling face near to an all to errant and truant poster. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »

Now, DRs, I will tell you all a secret.
I am currently looking into going back to school.  I've had some long-range plans in the works for a while, but, this week things began to get serious.  I am filling out forms.  I am completing paperwork.  I am accepting phone calls.  I am doing virtual tours. 
The reason I'm telling my friends on HHW is that I'm writing essays, and I would like a little bit of assistance.
What I need from DRs, and you, too, BK, should you think about it, IS five adjectives you would use to describe me.  (Of course, some of us have met in the real world;  we have all met here in the ether). 
So, if you think you can describe me in five words, preferably adjectives, here's your opportunity.

Thanks. . . .  :)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Laura

« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »

Aww, Kerry. What a wonderful love letter. I do hope you write her back.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I am not watching the Olympics. I do like to watch some of the skating, but at present I am sans TV, which could be remedied if I felt so motivated, but I do not. Do I sound at all like DR LAURA?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up