Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME  (Read 23273 times)

Jennifer

Re:BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »

For those who love musical theatre, this Wednesday PBS' Great Performances will have the South Pacific that was at Carnegie Hall last June (starring Reba McEntire and Brian Stokes Mitchell).

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2006, 08:43:05 PM »

HAPPIEST OF HAPPPY BIRTHDAYS TO MY OL' PAL KEITH!!!
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2006, 08:56:15 PM »

DR Vixmom, I feel sure I'll keep the wet weather here for the next couple of days but I can't account for how far northward that cloud spread goes.

When I came out to my car tonight after watching a documentary at my friend's home, my car was very wet though it must have been a fairly soft rain because the windows in his theater room were open, and I didn't hear anything.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2006, 08:57:47 PM »

I had a delicious supper tonight, but we didn't get served until 8:45 which is far later than I'm accustomed to eating. The last time we did this, I had a terrible night. I hope tonight isn't a repeat of that.

I don' think it will be. I had plenty to eat, but I wasn't stuffed to the gills as I was last time.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2006, 08:59:42 PM »

We watched a documentary from the Discovery-HD channel after dinner about the beginnings of Disneyland and all the expansions it has undergone over the last 40-50 years. Several behind the scenes shots that I found very illuminating. It's really changed since I was there in the 1960s, and it also has a much different feel than Florida's Disney World.

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2006, 09:01:41 PM »

I saw one more MONK episode before I headed out tonight, too. This was the one where Monk witnessed a CHinese gangland execution and had to be put in protective custody so he could testify. Fun episode that featured Faith Prince as a really slovenly character.

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2006, 09:15:31 PM »

GOing to bed now.

I'm looking forward to a quiet day at home tomorrow. No errands to run at all!

Good night, all!

FJL

« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2006, 09:26:14 PM »

Good night, Matt.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »

I found out today that it's no Tony Awards Ceremony for this cowgirl. I have a trial starting that Monday. I was feeling really iffy about it anyway, so it's better to save the $$$ and spend it when I go in October.   I was assured they'll do it again next year, so maybe then, we'll see.

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2006, 09:31:18 PM »

I must say that since I've mustered the courage to start traveling alone or meeting up with people once I get somewhere, the organized tour group thing just isn't as appealing

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2006, 09:31:40 PM »

HI FJL are you still here or am I all alone?

FJL

« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2006, 09:33:34 PM »

Just back from A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE, which stars - among others - two BK connections, Christiane Noll, and  also Joe Kolinski (who played the Robert Preston role in THE LAST STARFIGHTER musical on stage and CD) .  My mind is racing with all this work has to say about existential ideas and where do we go after this life, while still managing to be a fine musical theater entertainment.  It'll be interesting to see if people (i.e., critics) are drawn in or put off by the provocative nature of the show's handling of these ideas, though.

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2006, 09:34:26 PM »

It appears that I am alone, and since I've started Peace Like A River, I think I'll head to the bedroom and read a few chapters before calling it a night.  

I'm looking forward to the whole To Kill A Mockingbird thing tomorrow.  I'll take my camera and post a photo of me with Mary Badham. I didn't realize she was nominated for an Oscar for her performance until I was reading an article in the paper about her today.

FJL

« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2006, 09:34:48 PM »

Hi, Cilla.  I'm still here (a FOLLIES reference).

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2006, 09:35:52 PM »

I'm almost through my memoirs and I'm here....

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2006, 09:37:20 PM »

I must be tired, I can't think of a cute quip about leaving a theatre thinking about where you are going in the next life....there's got to be one

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »

I really must go....night all

FJL

« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2006, 09:41:26 PM »

A CAB TO THE HEREAFTER - that's the title of my next something-or-other :)

FJL

« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2006, 09:42:29 PM »

Good night Cillaliz!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2006, 09:49:05 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]BIRTHDAY[/move]

KEITH!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2006, 09:57:20 PM »

If you aren't feeling Bold and Beautiful by 1 p.m., you might consider a visit to your favorite doctor, who might be working at General Hospital this afternoon.

On the other hand, indulging in your "Passions" might just take your mind off it....(with a wink toward Elmore3003!).

Ron, Sorry I am Bold and Beautiful and the Passions one feel in life are nothing like One Life to live. All my children are Young and Restless contemplate the cosmos As the World Turns and seek the Guiding Light all the Days of our Lives before they check into General Hospital to have their head examined!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2006, 10:00:25 PM »

I don't think anyone else here watched NBC's CELEB COOKING show. But it looks like they will air the final shows this saturday at 8pm.

My favorite part of the story below is this:
"...NBC's once high-flying programmers might actually be learning to respect their viewers and recognize that not needlessly upsetting the few viewers they do have could be a smart idea."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/nbc-changes-plans-celebrity-cooking-showdown-air-saturday-4095.php

NBC?? respect??
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2006, 10:02:59 PM »

I catch the soap often enough when I'm home to be outraged by its total lack of quality and talent from actors and writers. but I honestly can't say I miss it when I'm away.  It's like watching a really bad accident on a totally inane level.  I would say that PASSIONS makes a show like HEE-HAW look intellectual.

I couldnt agree more... Passions is a cesspool of bad writing... and Days also written by the same writer is not far behind.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »

Well....I wished one of our information systems techs a happy 36th birthday, got a piece of carrot cake which was scrumptious, and then got an enormous compliment from someone who asked me when my birthday was...I told her the month, but said I stopped having birthdays when I turned 50.  She looked at me stunned, and asked how I could be 50...to which I replied, "I'm 57."  She refused to believe me...until a co-worker assured her I was telling the truth.

Well...I was gobsmacked and terribly pleased.  And shall ride this sugar rush through the rest of the afternoon.

It is nice when people do not believe your age!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2006, 10:11:13 PM »

Ahh, Ron, you mean your avatar isn't current?

Ron is over 50. From looking at his avatar I would have thought his 40s

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »

Boring?  You??  Never!! ;D

George, he is not boring at all....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2006, 10:15:59 PM »

It appears that I am alone, and since I've started Peace Like A River, I think I'll head to the bedroom and read a few chapters before calling it a night.  

I'm looking forward to the whole To Kill A Mockingbird thing tomorrow.  I'll take my camera and post a photo of me with Mary Badham. I didn't realize she was nominated for an Oscar for her performance until I was reading an article in the paper about her today.

Cilla, enjoy the book!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2006, 10:17:07 PM »

Happy Birthday Keith!!!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2006, 11:13:05 PM »

Ron, I don't suppose Sorbo's hurting.  KULL pretty much killed his movie career, but he went back to TV okay.  Of course, before KULL came out, he was supposed to do aother film with Ms. Delaurentiis (known as Madame Borgia around our house these days).  After KULL came out and flopped, Mr. Sorbo suddenly had to pull out of his next movie...he was replaced by Patrick Swayze.  The movie was BLACK DOG, another immortal epic of the silver screen.

I thought it was also silly to dumb down the movie for his Herc fans, he already had those in the bag (and the 12yr. olds would have found some 17 or older to take 'em to see it).  I thought he'd want to expand his fanbase.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2006, 11:54:50 PM »

Sorbo made the classic goof of thinking people just want the same ol' sh** in a slightly different package.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up