Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/10/10  (Read 12872 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: 10/10/10
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »

It just sounds nicer than saying my house has been invaded by stinkbugs.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2010, 05:14:03 PM »

The Pride Parade had more swag than any other parade I've ever been to, especially since an election is coming up. It's interesting to see which politicians jump on the gay bandwagon only for events like this when they think it will get them more votes. Swag-wise, lots of skittles (taste the rainbow!) beer koozies, leis (from GayOrbitz) condoms (!), rubber rainbow bracelets, luggage tags, rubber balls, and Macy's made special pride scarves for the occasion. I expected to have fun, but I didn't anticipate how genuinely moved and happy I felt to see so much support and inclusion from major corporations, churches, local businesses and straight-but-not-narrow folks, and to see all these out and proud people, including high school kids who seemed equally as moved to be out there on the front lines.

Edisaurus

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »

My cat Bailey, who has a deviated septum, snores louder than most humans.

Just thought I'd share...

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2010, 05:46:19 PM »

(((TCB))))
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

How does one make rhubarb sauce?

Rhubarb(not sure how much, I used a sandwich bag full of frozen from the garden and sugar (1 cup sugar)and a little water. bring it to a boil taste it to see if you need more sugar. Squish it up with a spoon and when it's all like a sauce, let it cool

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2010, 06:50:26 PM »

Busy day.  I got the laundry done, took a shower, changed the sheets on the bed. Spent lots of time with Ricky and now am hanging out with the girls. Boo has been really upset..now she's curled up on my lap.  So, things are good.  Vibes that I can get Ricky into the vet tomorrow for a check up and a neuter.  At least I'll get the checkup.

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »

How does one make rhubarb sauce?

Rhubarb(not sure how much, I used a sandwich bag full of frozen from the garden and sugar (1 cup sugar)and a little water. bring it to a boil taste it to see if you need more sugar. Squish it up with a spoon and when it's all like a sauce, let it cool

Not a fan of rhubarb, but I'm curious what you use this for.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »

I just eat it, lol.  Sort of like applesauce. Or I put it on ice cream.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2010, 06:55:32 PM »

Boy, I'm sure I've missed a lot of congrats, vibes and all sorts of things the past two days....so Congrats to all who did something wonderful, thanks for the nice words about Little Ricky and vibes to all who need them

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2010, 06:58:10 PM »

I feel guilty leaving Ricky shut in the room upstairs, but then I tell myself that he was in a stinky cage on Saturday.  A nice sized carpeted bedroom with a soft bed and blankets, toys, food and litter is much better.   I've been with him a lot today and got him running after a toy until he was winded.  He had a really big day.  He should be sleeping

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2010, 07:03:30 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... After I left the Cheese, Salami and Wine tasting at Del Posto, I ended up at the Carts in the Parc event at The Eventi Hotel: 11 food counters and 12 food trucks. Needless to say, I am VERY full. Very Happy and Full.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »

Right now is the first time since Ricky came home that Boo has gone to sleep on my lap.  She sat there for awhile last night but was pretty ticked off.  She and Ricky were really close to each other today, I was holding him while sitting down and she was on the floor.  She didn't hiss or anything. He meowed she did too then walked away.  Very good. All three seem very calm tonight.  I am happy. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »

Sounds like you've been in Foodie Heaven Jose, what fun!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »

I'm going to go a little crazier with the CDs. I've got too many classical CDs, and how often do I listen to more than one recording of COSI FAN TUTTE?

DR elmore - Do you by chance have a period instrument recording of Cosí? A friend of mine is prepping for the upcoming Met production that William Christie is conducting, and he's been trying to find a "lighter" recording.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »

Sounds like you've been in Foodie Heaven Jose, what fun!!

Oh, I was! I was!

And I was quite flattered and honored that some of the Chefs and Food Personalities I've been following in person and/or on Twitter, actually remembered me, and took the time to say Hi and talk for a couple of moments.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »

OK... And now that I'm caffeinated it's time to get the rest of my day in gear. First up is a Noon(!) matinee of the chamber opera version of "Puss in Boots", followed by a wine & cheese tasting at Del Posto, then yet another Food Truck Festival, then some more random NYC Food & Wine Festival activities.  -And, best of all, it's all FREE because of Twitter! ;)

Laters...

My friend Steven LaBrie may be performing today as the Miller.

Steven was on at the 5:00 show today. However, the "other" Miller also looked pretty good in boxers and a t-shirt. :)

*And the production, overall, was quite wonderful and magical! Moisés Kaufman's direction was filled with some very imaginative touches, and the puppetry by Blind Summit Theatre was whimsical and wonder-inducing.  Oh, and it was very well sung and played too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »

OK... And now that I'm caffeinated it's time to get the rest of my day in gear. First up is a Noon(!) matinee of the chamber opera version of "Puss in Boots", followed by a wine & cheese tasting at Del Posto, then yet another Food Truck Festival, then some more random NYC Food & Wine Festival activities.  -And, best of all, it's all FREE because of Twitter! ;)

Laters...

That reminds me, DR Jose, there is an ad on TV for, I think, Blackberry that shows this woman who has a truck she takes around Manhattan.  She sellls "Treats" out of it.  I was wondering if this was a real truck, or just one created for the ad.

That is none other than the wonderful and generous Kim Ina from The Treats Truck.  We actually talked about that commercial today at Carts in the Parc. I asked her where and how they shot the "public" scenes, and she said they just followed her one day with some cameras and got lucky with the weather. -I thought they were set up.

Even Monkey likes The Treats Truck!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2010, 07:32:30 PM »

And since Kim was getting ready to close up the truck for the day, she sent me home with a few goodies... ;)

Mexican Chocolate Brownies, Butterscotch Pecan Squares, Sugar Dots, Caramel Creme Sandwiches, and Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies.

ALL YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »

DR Edisaurus, what exactly are soldier bugs?

http://organicgardensite.com/bugs-beneficial/soldier-bugs/

Oh, Ok, I think I have seen those bugs before back when I lived in Medford.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2010, 07:35:51 PM »

DR Jennifer - Pumpkin Pie! YES!! -Were they giving out samples at CostCo so that you could try it, taste it?  -Have you ever had Pumpkin Bread? or, since they seem to be everywhere now, a Pumpkin Whoopie Pie?

No they were not giving samples of pumpkin pie. They were giving samples of apple sugar pie.  I don't think i've ever had pumpkin bread. AndI know I have not heard of pumpkin whoopie pie.

This is a Pumpkin Whoopie Pie:

-From the Street Sweets Truck.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »

I'm going to go a little crazier with the CDs. I've got too many classical CDs, and how often do I listen to more than one recording of COSI FAN TUTTE?

DR elmore - Do you by chance have a period instrument recording of Cosí? A friend of mine is prepping for the upcoming Met production that William Christie is conducting, and he's been trying to find a "lighter" recording.

The three recordings I have of COSI FAN TUTTE are the early 1950s recording from the Met in English with Eleanor Steber, Richard Tucker & Roberta Peters; the EMI with Elizabeth Schwarzkopf and Crista Ludwig, conducted (I think) by Bohm; and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra with Jerry Hadley and Felicity Lott, conducted by Charles MacKerras. I do have a period instrument DVD (John Eliot Gardiner), with Rodney Gilfry.

There is a period instrument performance on CD conducted by Rene Jacobs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2010, 07:37:31 PM »

DR Edisaurus, what exactly are soldier bugs?

http://organicgardensite.com/bugs-beneficial/soldier-bugs/

Oh, Ok, I think I have seen those bugs before back when I lived in Medford.

You probably got them from picking up soldiers.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »

Oh, but those treats look delicious Jose!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »

They do!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2010, 07:41:26 PM »

DR Jennifer - A traditional Whoopie Pie is Marshmallow Cream sandwiched between two cakey Chocolate "cookies".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »

Oh, but those treats look delicious Jose!

Oh, they <munch, munch> are!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2010, 07:44:02 PM »

Where's everybody go?

I've been theatre-ing, drinking, eating, drinking, eating, drinking, eating, and drink and eating.

*And I made sure to walk at least forty blocks after I left the food truck festival!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »

GGVBHHHHHHHHHHN BBB

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*That was Monkey saying Hello to Little Ricky. ;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up