Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOW-CAN-IT-BE-FRIDAY-WHEN-IT-REALLY-WAS-JUST-MONDAY GREENS  (Read 21182 times)

Maria

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE HOW-CAN-IT-BE-FRIDAY-WHEN-IT-REALLY-WAS-JUST-MONDAY GREENS
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2006, 10:46:01 PM »

Chinese food gives you packing energy. That's my discovery of the night. Before going out to dinner, I was zonked. After our deliciously delightful meal I was filled with TONS of energy. DD is almost all packed.
The biggest trick is packing the kinds of things you would have carried on in the good old days -- perfume bottles, shampoo, etc. It may all be one sweet-smelling mess by the time the plane lands in San Fran. We shall see.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2006, 11:01:33 PM »

Fell asleep after work and now i am WIDE AWAKE!!

Vibes to Vixmom!!

DR Tom, lovely pictures of your father....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2006, 11:05:24 PM »

I do

I also find that Suessical falls flat.. It not bad but it seemed to lack energy.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2006, 11:09:24 PM »

My niece just sent me this photo of my dad with his grandson Chase.  He looks 85, but he isn't showing the ravages of the chemo and cancer yet.  Thank, DR George, for resizing it!

Chase is adoreable... I send good vibes to you and your father Elmore

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2006, 11:11:23 PM »

DR Tom, Happy birthday to your father...

100 years is an accomplishment and I am glad his mind is still strong. THe stories he has to share. A true treasure.

I have a great-great aunt who is still alive. She is 108 and a livewire.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2006, 11:16:08 PM »

My adult children are amusing themselves by shouting "FISH!" at the cat. They are all easily amused.

The poor cat....

Reminds me of a time when my dad bough some defroster like tray thingie from an add  on the telly and him and his brothers were getting their jollies watching an ice cube melt on it...

The other one is watcching my cousins fire off silly string...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2006, 11:20:28 PM »

Media Check

DVD: SoapDish
VHS: Story of English
CD: Chieftains: Long Journey Home; Carlos Nunez: Brotherhood of Stars; Ceoltoiri Cualann Sa Gaiety

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2006, 11:22:33 PM »

WE had a train wreck earlier in the week in ND when RR cars fell off a high bridge over Lake Ashtabula...

Some of the cars had TOILET PAPER and lots of it... Also laundry detergent, stoves and other gooodies...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2006, 11:52:07 PM »

Okay, there's still about a half-hour to get some postin' goin' on whilst I write the notes.  Just had a little dessert with Mr. Kevin Spirtas.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2006, 11:57:01 PM »

Glad you had a lovely chat with Kevin...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2006, 11:57:34 PM »

Sadly, with the situation with my father I do not think I will be able to make the premiere...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2006, 11:58:21 PM »

hungry... I know better than to eat something this late....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2006, 11:58:55 PM »

hmmm, If i was a folder where would I hide....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2006, 12:00:57 AM »

dang what did i do with that folder on the New York Schotthoefers.... I finally found the connecting person....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2006, 12:01:43 AM »

darn, I wonder where I filed it.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2006, 12:04:15 AM »

hmmm still looking... I did just find my book of Shakespearean Sonnets...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2006, 12:05:18 AM »

to quote Spock from Star Trek: Tribles reproduce at will....

I think genealogy is related for the data seems to reproduce at will....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2006, 12:06:18 AM »

I'm still not hungry.  I had a Southwest chicken salad at Applebee's today about about 6:00 and it's quite filling...and very good. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2006, 12:07:18 AM »

But I will have some water.  I am a little thirsty.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2006, 12:07:31 AM »

Too funny, I have a distant relation named Jack Devereau.... Hmm.... Too funny actually

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2006, 12:08:20 AM »

I'm still not hungry.  I had a Southwest chicken salad at Applebee's today about about 6:00 and it's quite filling...and very good. :)

It is and so it their Chipotle burger...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2006, 12:08:49 AM »

But I will have some water.  I am a little thirsty.

Water is always good...

George

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2006, 12:09:53 AM »

Too funny, I have a distant relation named Jack Devereau.... Hmm.... Too funny actually

There's a character in the musical Of Thee I Sing named Diana Devereau.  She is, of course, total fiction and not based on anyone real (as far as I know...which is nothing, as far as OTIS is concerned.). :)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 12:10:57 AM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2006, 12:10:35 AM »

I also like their asian chicken salad

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2006, 12:11:32 AM »

The last time I was to Seattle, i was at Kells and they had an excellent salad called the Hibernian. Very tasty, it had feta cheese, spinach, onion, grapes, etc.

George

« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2006, 12:12:16 AM »

Their Asian chicken salad is very good.  I almost got that, but I wanted to try the Southwest chicken salad.  It comes with guacamole, but I don't like guacamole, so I had it without the guacamole.

I just like typing "guacamole." ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2006, 12:12:46 AM »

There's a character in the musical Of Thee I Sing named Diana Devereau.  She is, of course, total fiction and not based on anyone real (as far as I know...which is nothing, as far as OTIS is concerned.). :)

Interesting.. .Very strange when you find relations that have names similar to fictional characters

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2006, 12:13:56 AM »

Their Asian chicken salad is very good.  I almost got that, but I wanted to try the Southwest chicken salad.  It comes with guacamole, but I don't like guacamole, so I had it without the guacamole.

I just like typing "guacamole." ;)

At one time they had a really good cajun salad also

George

« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2006, 12:14:19 AM »

And there's a song, "Making Guacamole" from Das Barbecü, whose wonderful cast recording was produced by BK!  I LOVE this show.  I saw it in Seattle about 10 years ago and it was just great! ;D

George

« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2006, 12:14:54 AM »

Only one more until...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up