Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: WEAVERS FROM FLANDERS  (Read 15290 times)

Cillaliz

Re: WEAVERS FROM FLANDERS
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2009, 08:36:17 PM »

I gotta say after watching the Mercer documentary that Clint Eastwood's daughter should keep her mouth shut.

That seems to be the general consensus of everyone. Except Clint.

:D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »

While I was sick I recall seeing something on the Spanish Influenza and they kept saying something to the effect

I had a little bird
its name was Enza
I opened the window
and In Flew Enza

Bird Flew!

perhaps....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2009, 08:37:36 PM »

Oh boy...I haven't had that much to drink in a long time.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »

I did see your name in the credits Edi...had to look very closely, but I saw it

Edisaurus

« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »

And that was a head credit!

But yes, it's hard when the people put in a lot of extraneous names. The asst. ed had his parents, girlfriend nd girlfriend's dead cat, but I had Bruce and HHW and they were not in it. Kind of bugged me because I onl sked for two name to be in the credits. But the dir was adding the people who worked at Starbucks, the hotel where he stayed...it was ridiculous. And the guy who Fed-exed tapes to us became the "line producer" because he was he son of someone whose husband was involved in the film. And people like Paul McCartney..."Thank you for not appearing in our film"! LOL...I think it made hte director feel important to have that many people in the credits.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »

But I'm not bitter. No.

Edisaurus

« Reply #246 on: November 04, 2009, 08:48:29 PM »

Did anyone lese notice how good Robert Obsorne is looking these days? I often see him when I'm driving in to work at Turner. He is so friendly and waves to everyone!

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: November 04, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »

I'm glad to see you back here, Edi!

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »

I may have to DVR the next showing so I can watch the credits for the dead cat...not sure I've ever seen a credit for that before ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #249 on: November 04, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »

Frances was in the background clapping during the COWHAND sequence but she was not referenced.

I only got as far as Keely Smith in a really hideous dress and had to turn it off.....didn't quite get the point of view....and it started off on the wrong foot with Eastwood's daughter screeching through that song.....

I thankfully missed that part, too.  I did notice Eastwood's son plunking out something on the piano toward the end, and I had to laugh when Bill Charlap, who narrated, then went on to "introduce" himself over the closing credits, informing us that his mother was the "great singer" Sandi Stewart and that Moose had "written the music to 'Peter Pan'".  If you need to go into that much detail, don't.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »

Amy, where were you in the credits?  I really had to squint, but I thought I was doing a wonderful job seeing every name.  Guess not.  :(

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »

Joke's on me department:  *Just* turned on the telly, and still had it on TCM, show was repeating, and there was the semi-lovely young Ms. Eastwood (who is the spitting image of Frances Fisher), singing.  I'd call it more of a breathy sound than a screech.  ;)

td

• td
« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »

Don't be bitter, DR Edi!  Just because I would have rather seen more of Audrey's solo with the guitar than the end scene in the rain is no reason to be bitter. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »

Hi  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #254 on: November 04, 2009, 09:49:06 PM »

Goodnight, still really tired.   :-[
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #255 on: November 04, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »

Good Evening!

So....

We had just finished another wonderful dinner at Cafe Sim-Sim - a great Russian (Azerbaijani cuisine) place in Brooklyn - when the owner called me and my friend, Eric, over to his table.  "Aran" had greeted us when we came in, and helped us decipher and translate a couple of the menu items before we ordered.  He also informed us that it was only the second day on the job for our waitress, and continued to check in on us throughout our meal.

When we approached his table, he motioned for us to sit down, and the waitress start setting up some more plates for us. Both of us were truly full, but when the owner - and head cook - of a restaurant calls you over to his table, well.. You go.  He was having his "staff meal" with his staff, and there various salads and grilled kebabs spread all over the table. He placed a piece of grilled lamb on each of our plates, then motioned to the salad of red bean, walnuts and garlic(!!!), as well as some marinated shredded carrots. Then he motioned to the waitress, and the next we knew, there were shot glasses placed in front of us.

Vodka! -Salut!

Then he placed a piece of grilled chicken on our plates.  We started asking him questions about his background and his restaurant, and he was more than happy to share a bit of his personal history with us.  One of the most impressive things he shared with us was that he personally shops for all the meats and vegetables for the restaurant.  "When I look at a piece of meat, I don't look at the price tag. I look at is the best thing I can serve my customers." -And since his lamb kebabs are all with the $7-9 range, I'm pretty sure he is buying some quality meat, and most likely not making that much money on those items.

More Vodka. -Good Luck!

By that time, Eric and I were really trying to find some way to make a graceful exit.  Not only were we both now "over full", but after two shots of vodka... That's when I decided to ask why he doesn't drink Russian vodka. We were drinking Tanqueray Sterling tonight, and we've noticed on past visits that he serves Finlandia.  He said he does drink Russian vodka, but also pointed out that some "Russian" vodkas here in the States are made in the States - not imported from Russia.  However, he said he did like Smirnoff.  -And since the bottle of Tanqueray was almost empty...

As they say in Russia, "Three or Thirty-Three!"

Thankfully(?), we were able to leave at that time, and not have to stick around for "thirty-three".

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: November 04, 2009, 10:56:16 PM »

And that was a head credit!

But yes, it's hard when the people put in a lot of extraneous names. The asst. ed had his parents, girlfriend nd girlfriend's dead cat, but I had Bruce and HHW and they were not in it. Kind of bugged me because I onl sked for two name to be in the credits. But the dir was adding the people who worked at Starbucks, the hotel where he stayed...it was ridiculous. And the guy who Fed-exed tapes to us became the "line producer" because he was he son of someone whose husband was involved in the film. And people like Paul McCartney..."Thank you for not appearing in our film"! LOL...I think it made hte director feel important to have that many people in the credits.

Oy!

DR edisaurus - At least you had a good party tonight. Hopefully, the morning won't come to early for you tomorrow. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: November 04, 2009, 11:06:55 PM »

And there were no people passed out face down on the sidewalk tonight.  Whew! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: November 04, 2009, 11:08:49 PM »

Well, I just watched tonight's "Top Chef Reunion Dinner" special. -It was pretty good, although, I wish it had been "super-sized" to at least an hour and fifteen minutes.  The last part of it seemed a bit rushed.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: November 04, 2009, 11:09:05 PM »

And, now.... Sleep.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: November 04, 2009, 11:33:37 PM »

I got an e-mail from someone who said I was in the end credits of the Mercer show - how did that happen?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: November 04, 2009, 11:34:38 PM »

Guess my e-mail to Grant worked, because he called and told me to come over - so we worked from 7:30 to 11:00 and got everything done. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #262 on: November 04, 2009, 11:35:54 PM »

Those are great pictures of Sherlock, Jane!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #263 on: November 04, 2009, 11:45:20 PM »

I gotta say after watching the Mercer documentary that Clint Eastwood's daughter should keep her mouth shut.

Well, I didn't get home in time to record it, myself.  I did call my sister's boyfriend and he said that he would be able to record it for me, so I'll eventually be able to watch it. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up