Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK TO NORMAL  (Read 14476 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: BACK TO NORMAL
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »

George Sherman directed Miss Allison Hayes in COUNT THREE AND PRAY.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »

Page Two Widda Paroo Dance.   ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 08:21:41 AM »

Fairly successful aging makeup on Miss Eleanor Howard.  Hey, that's me in the mirror!  And in case you can't read it - the sign hanging up there DOES say:  "Insane Asylum."  ;D

Kerry

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, it is morning here, too.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 08:24:18 AM »

You are NOT mistaken DR KERRY.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »

Off to the Memorial Celebration. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »

from TCB
Hmm, Jane is still showing up as being online.

i DON'T KNOW WHY.  i MUST HAVE LEFT SOMETHING OPEN.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2011, 09:15:34 AM »

Cilla thanks for letting me know about the envelope arrive.  I can see why that is your favorite photo.

Jane

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 09:17:27 AM »

I am speaking today at Ernie's Memorial Celebration which will be held in the theatre itself.......no viewing, no passing the bier, no sad songs.....

I think I can do it.....my short talk is built around our most famous roles.....Oscar & Felix.....and the little note that was left on the pillow:

Oscar - We're all out of corn flakes.  F. U.

That is nice. I hope you find some comfort today.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: POMACEOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  DON'T SIT UNDER THE APPLE TREE

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 09:40:09 AM »

Did I Miss The Announcement Of The New Release ???

FJL

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »

Arnold, it was yesterday's reply #2:
But it bears repeating:

<<<<<<<<<<
As promised, here is the advance announcement of the new Kritzerland release - a wonderful undiscovered gem!  You know the drill - it's 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping paid via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

MIGHTIEST ADVENTURER OF THEM ALL!

Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition soundtrack: 

MARCO POLO
Music Composed and Conducted by Les Baxter

American International Pictures had begun making a cottage industry by picking up foreign-made films at reasonable prices and then releasing them in the United States, mostly with the original foreign scores replaced by brand new American ones.  Such was the case with 1962’s Marco Polo, a multi-cultural production directed by Hugo Fregonese and starring American Rory Calhoun, along with Yoko Tani and a large cast of multi-cultural players.  Shot in Cinemascope and color, the film was not exactly unerring in its historical accuracy.  In this Marco Polo, Marco Polo is a womanizing bon vivant, vagabond and rake who has to leave Venice because of circumstances of his own making (you get the drift).  A title card then tells us that Marco was an inventor and discoverer who is about to set off to discover many things, including spaghetti.   Along the way, he has many wonderful adventures and occasionally says pithy things like, “A song is an emblem of a gay heart.”  It’s all painted in very broad strokes with tongue firmly in cheek, and it’s a lot of fun in a Saturday matinee way.

The original Italian version’s score was by Angelo Francesco Lavagnino.  For the US version, American International went to their go-to composer, the great Les Baxter.  And Baxter turned in a wonderful score, chockfull of great melodies, including an addictive main theme that repeats itself many times throughout the score.  It was Baxter channeling Rimsky-Korsakov and other movie adventure scores and the result was a colorful, robust, and fun score that really helped give the film a sense of style, adventure, and fun. 

Baxter had already made a name for himself with his 1950s exotica recordings, as well as several chart-topping instrumentals.  Prior to Marco Polo, he’d already done Goliath And The Barbarians, House of Usher, Goliath And The Dragon, Black Sunday, Goliath And The Vampires, The Pit And The Pendulum, Erik the Conqueror, and Master Of The World for AIP, and he would go on to score many, many other films for them.   For anyone who grew up going to these films, it was like American International and Les Baxter went hand in hand. 

This is the world premiere release of the Les Baxter score to Marco Polo – none of it has ever been available before.  The complete score tapes were housed in the MGM vaults – they were, of course, mono, and in very good condition, and contained all the music that Baxter wrote for the film.   In the last few years, Les Baxter have been something of a Baxter renaissance, with a surprising number of Baxter soundtracks released on CD.  We’re really pleased to present a virtually unknown Baxter score and one of his most delightful.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price of the CD is $19.98, plus shipping.   Additionally, we are offering a special deal with the purchase of this release.  Go to the item page and click on the link to find out about it.

CD will ship the third week of July – however, never fear, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:54:35 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »

Assuming that's the one you were talking about??? 

FJL

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »

Arnold you are at 3600, which IIRC is 200 times Chai in Jewish tradition.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 10:12:43 AM »

Arnold, it was yesterday's reply #2:
But it bears repeating:

<<<<<<<<<<
As promised, here is the advance announcement of the new Kritzerland release - a wonderful undiscovered gem!  You know the drill - it's 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping paid via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

MIGHTIEST ADVENTURER OF THEM ALL!

Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition soundtrack: 

MARCO POLO
Music Composed and Conducted by Les Baxter

American International Pictures had begun making a cottage industry by picking up foreign-made films at reasonable prices and then releasing them in the United States, mostly with the original foreign scores replaced by brand new American ones.  Such was the case with 1962’s Marco Polo, a multi-cultural production directed by Hugo Fregonese and starring American Rory Calhoun, along with Yoko Tani and a large cast of multi-cultural players.  Shot in Cinemascope and color, the film was not exactly unerring in its historical accuracy.  In this Marco Polo, Marco Polo is a womanizing bon vivant, vagabond and rake who has to leave Venice because of circumstances of his own making (you get the drift).  A title card then tells us that Marco was an inventor and discoverer who is about to set off to discover many things, including spaghetti.   Along the way, he has many wonderful adventures and occasionally says pithy things like, “A song is an emblem of a gay heart.”  It’s all painted in very broad strokes with tongue firmly in cheek, and it’s a lot of fun in a Saturday matinee way.

The original Italian version’s score was by Angelo Francesco Lavagnino.  For the US version, American International went to their go-to composer, the great Les Baxter.  And Baxter turned in a wonderful score, chockfull of great melodies, including an addictive main theme that repeats itself many times throughout the score.  It was Baxter channeling Rimsky-Korsakov and other movie adventure scores and the result was a colorful, robust, and fun score that really helped give the film a sense of style, adventure, and fun. 

Baxter had already made a name for himself with his 1950s exotica recordings, as well as several chart-topping instrumentals.  Prior to Marco Polo, he’d already done Goliath And The Barbarians, House of Usher, Goliath And The Dragon, Black Sunday, Goliath And The Vampires, The Pit And The Pendulum, Erik the Conqueror, and Master Of The World for AIP, and he would go on to score many, many other films for them.   For anyone who grew up going to these films, it was like American International and Les Baxter went hand in hand. 

This is the world premiere release of the Les Baxter score to Marco Polo – none of it has ever been available before.  The complete score tapes were housed in the MGM vaults – they were, of course, mono, and in very good condition, and contained all the music that Baxter wrote for the film.   In the last few years, Les Baxter have been something of a Baxter renaissance, with a surprising number of Baxter soundtracks released on CD.  We’re really pleased to present a virtually unknown Baxter score and one of his most delightful.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price of the CD is $19.98, plus shipping.   Additionally, we are offering a special deal with the purchase of this release.  Go to the item page and click on the link to find out about it.

CD will ship the third week of July – however, never fear, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks For The Info and also 200 Time Chai + 1.....onward and upward

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »

BK- FYI

When Columbia re-released The OCR Barnum there were some bonus tracks including SO LITTLE TIME and AT LEAST I TRIED sung by CY COLEMAN Himself

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »

Dry vibes and prayers of safety for DR CillaLiz and all in Sioux City. Those were definitely some dramatic photos.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »

So, BK:

I just watched BIG JAKE with John Wayne.

Hadn't seen it in many years.

It's not one of his best, but it is definitely an entertaining western.

I know that George Sherman did not want to use Patrick Wayne and Chris Mitchum as the 2 sons in the film, but Wayne insisted on it.

I read the script before they went on location to Mexico.  The working title then was THE MILLION DOLLAR KIDNAPPING.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »

I'm up - I can't believe I slept almost till noon - I must have really needed it, and I'd still be sleeping if the telephonic device hadn't rung.

John G.

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2011, 12:47:16 PM »

Up from a nap. Naps are good.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2011, 12:49:57 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Richmond, Virginia!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »

So far... Three nieces, one nephew. One pool, lots of "floaties". Two parents/grandparents.  Hamburgers, ribs, corn on the cob, salad. Three napping fathers and/or uncles.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

Oh...

And my nieces and nephew have discovered the joys(?) of FAIL videos on YouTube.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »

Good afternoon.

Kissimmee is just a faded memory deep into the recesses of my mind.

I am now back home in the city I call The Mouth of The Rat.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima after church, a vestry meeting, lunch at Panera, and shopping at Sam's Club.  It's hot and hazy here and we're in for the evening enjoying the AC.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

Just finishing up the last of Ken Burns' "Jazz" series. What next? This has been a good ride.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »

Greetings from Toyland! I stopped in to check out the office on my way to a 5:00 meeting on 23rd Street. Now I don't have to worry about making a trip until later in the week. probably on Thursday or Friday, dependingon the next McGlinnventory day.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »

Off to see the new Werner Herzog movie, which will be the first 3D feature I've been to in decades.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Glad to see DRs JRand and Cillaliz checking in and safe.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2011, 02:37:10 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up