Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK ON THE BOARDS  (Read 14515 times)

Ginny

Re: BACK ON THE BOARDS
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »

Oh, one more thing:

Break a leg tonight, DR JMK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2011, 11:36:14 AM »

Thanks, Ginny, although considering the HHW tradition with regard to Jane and TCB, maybe we should find another phrase to use.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »

Thanks, Ginny, although considering the HHW tradition with regard to Jane and TCB, maybe we should find another phrase to use.  :)

Merde!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »

As for Sunday and the Tony Awards I no longer watch them. Just like the Academy and Emmy awards I know longer care who wins or have the patience to sit through them

I plan to watch the Tony Awards...if I'm home. ::) TAO is having their annual election of new officers (I'm up for one of the officers-at-large) and the meeting/potluck starts at 4:00 pm.  Who knows how long it'll go, but I'll DEFINITELY be recording it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 12:47:20 PM »

Friday morning greetings!  Richard arrived safely shortly after I signed off here last night (well, early this morning...).  His trip was smooth and the Bishop is resting as comfortably as possible with a fractured vertebra from a middle-of-the-night fall.

Rob is about to retake his paramedic exam, so mega vibes would be appreciated.

I have to be at the AAUW garage sale site in an hour for my 2-hour sales stint.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for the Bishop!!~~~

~~~Mega Exam Vibes for DS Rob!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »

Very strange situation with THE BOOK OF MORMON ocr.  They've been giving it away through free streaming on the 'net for about a month and now you can outright buy the digi-tunes for $1.99.  I guess the show is such a hit that they can afford to skoff at the pittance a recording would earn and would rather use it for promotional purposes.

Even though I had recorded the streaming version, I still bought the hardcopy cd.  It is a very handsome package.

I "liked" The Book of Mormon on Facebook and have listened to the recording for free, but I'm getting the actual CD, also.

George

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »

"The Berlin Affair" has arrived!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2011, 01:13:22 PM »

TOD:

The DVD hasn't arrived yet, but assuming that it does, I'll be watching TRUE GRIT (2010) this weekend.

Last night, I watched KEY LARGO.

That one never gets old.

I AGREE IT NEVER GETS OLD.

WE WATCHED GRIT THE OTHER NIGHT.  JEFF IS OFTEN DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND.

Not only did I get TRUE GRIT in the mail today, but also 7 other movies that I will be reviewing.

From MGM/UA:

REPORT TO THE COMMISSIONER
PARK ROW
THE AMBASSADOR
KEATON'S COP

From VCI:

MIRANDA
TIARA TAHITI
I WAS HAPPY HERE

**Actually, I'm not going to review this movie.  It was sent to me as a courtesy, since I am the credited writer.

Being the "credited writer" does not mean that you wrote what wound up on the screen.

Those of you who have read my memoir, particularly the chapter entitled "The Nightmare," will know what I'm talking about.

;D
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

;D

Have a fantastic evening!

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2011, 01:51:44 PM »

[size=8]Hoo and Ray - Rob PASSED his paramedic exam!!!!![/size]

Thanks for all the vibes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »

Yay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »

Back from a sandich and onion rings, picking up an important envelope, banking, and putting gas in the motor car.

Laura

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »

Congratulations to Paramedic Rob!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »

Thank you, DR Laura!  Now all he has to do is pass the national registry exam and get a job.

Michael

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »

If anyone is interested Amazon is offering the Book Of Mormon cast album (explicit version) for $1.99 download  http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fbookofmormon&h=e8580

As a special TY to fans everywhere, Amazon.com and the producers of Broadway’s THE BOOK OF MORMON are offering a digital download of the entire Original Broadway Cast Recording for only $1.99. The offer will be available through Mon, June 13 at 11:59PM PD
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2011, 03:08:31 PM »

Congratulations to Rob!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »

I didn't know the Tony's were on this Sunday...I shall watch them...or at least record them, depending on how late they are on.

George

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS TO DS ROB!! ;D

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2011, 03:13:44 PM »

Thank you, DRs MBarnum and George!

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »

DR Elmore, I don' t usually catch commercials anymore, since I now have a DVR and can skip past them.

But in days yonder I would always get a happy feeling when see one of these commercials.....even now I can get a bit choked up just watching, they just make me so happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB-DYC5J6TM&feature=related

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »

Ben

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, I'm seeing Book of Mormon tonight. A friend and I have been entering the lottery for the past few days because we want to see the show before the Tonys. We didn't win until tonight. We now have front row seats for $32.00. The orchestrations are by Larry's friend Larry Hochman who was nominated for a Tony.

Later.

Ben

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2011, 03:35:46 PM »

Oh, yes, Congrats to Rob!

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »

Thank you, DR Ben, and enjoy the show!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2011, 03:52:24 PM »

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, I'm seeing Book of Mormon tonight. A friend and I have been entering the lottery for the past few days because we want to see the show before the Tonys. We didn't win until tonight. We now have front row seats for $32.00. The orchestrations are by Larry's friend Larry Hochman who was nominated for a Tony.

Later.

I am jealous! Yes, my two Larry friends, Hochman and Blank, are both up for the best orchestration Tony Award. My vote is split, as long as one of them wins!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »

HOO AND RAY!!!!  :D :D

Jane

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2011, 03:53:45 PM »

Thank you, DR Laura!  Now all he has to do is pass the national registry exam and get a job.

WHEN DOES HE TAKE THE EXAM?

Jane

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »

Congrats Ben-enjoy the show.

Ben

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »

Later.

I am jealous! I wanna see it. Yes, my two Larry friends, Hochman and Blank, are both up for the best orchestration Tony Award. My vote is split, as long as one of them wins!

I saw Catch Me If You Can (Larry Blank) a few weeks ago and, despite the mixed reviews, I really liked it. I hope one of the two wins the Tony. It will probably be Hochman since word is almost everything will go to Book of Mormon.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »

I am still trying to figure out if the ten pages of posts was because of the firm lecture from our headmaster, or if it was because Jane said Shit!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up