Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A SOW'S EAR  (Read 12459 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: A SOW'S EAR
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2011, 01:04:35 PM »

But now onto pleasant things.

It is Friday and I will have a private session with an extremely handsome personal trainer this evening. I am certain that it will help me attain some of my goals.

But only some. Not the Big Goal!

Mikey, thanks for the documentary info. I really want to see it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »

And yet hate like this still continues in the US, although gays, Muslims, Hispanics, and others have  been added to the list.

It sickens me.

I just don't get it.  How can people feel and act that violently against others, just because they're different? :'(

Some people just feel better if they have someone or some  group to hate, or they are just so fearful of those who believe, look, or worship differently.

What really gets me are the amount of Gay friends I have who are very prejudiced against Hispanics and I have Jewish friends who constantly show hate towards Muslims or anyone Arabic.

You would think that those who are part of an oft discriminated against class would show more compassion, but evidently that is not the case.

The hate literature on Obama from what I consider the extreme crazy side of the Republican Party during the last election was horrifying; it was encouraging some fool who believed their bullshit to pull an assassination attempt.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2011, 01:55:42 PM »

In honor of DR Jose's opening tonight, I listened to the Christine Andreas OKLAHOMA! in the car this afternoon.

DR Jose - do you have a banjo in your orchestra?  I love it in "The Farmer and the Cowman" and "Oklahoma!" on this recording!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »

Get well soon vibes for DR Michael S!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »

Michael S-

Get Well Soon

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2011, 02:46:08 PM »

Big Brother 13

spoilers

Spoilers

SPOILERS

jkdl;kj ;lkj as;jn;l kaj;lkj l;kajtkl;;LKJA S;DLFKJ ;LKJ;L KAJDF;LK AJDF;LAKSJDF ;LKAJS L;KJASF;LKJ ;LKJFLast night was the first telecast of Big Brother 13 (which actually started about six days ago according to a source - http://www.hamsterwatch.com/).

There were 8 (count-'em-8) new contestants, and this season's twist is that they had to pair up with one another to form four couples...and then three previous couples were brought in:  "Evil" Dick and Danielle (father-daughter), Jeff and Jordan (boyfriend-girlfriend) and Brendon and Rachel (indescribable, but afianced nonetheless).

The first HOH competition was won by Rachel who agreed to not nominate either Dick or Danielle at the end of the competition (both Dick and Danielle were solid in the competition, but Dick struck the deal with Rachel and allowed her to win).

Rachel:  OMG!  As much fun as she can be, she is equally obnoxious and unnerving.  And that LAUGH.  OMG!

Dick:  The most recent report is that Dick is "missing" and no announcement has been made as to what has happened.  He's not on the feeds (as of last night).

Nominees for eviction:  Newbies Keith and Porsche. 

Danielle has a Golden Key, whatever "that" means.

There are -- yet -- new twists to learn about, including how Power of Veto might work. Xkdlk;j l;kajl;kjasfjk af;lkj ;lkajsdf;lkj;klajsdfl; h;alkj;l kjdsl;kj asdfjkasdfjkl;as ;dlfkj;lkj ;ljksd fl;kasjdf;lk dkl  al;kjfa;lkfj ;lakj;lkj f;alskdjf asl;kdfj al;ksdfj ;lakjdf ;lksdjf;lkaj ;laksdjf ;lKJ;alksdjf ;lksdjf ;aklj;ALKJ ;ALKJA;LSKDFJ SSal;kjd;lkj l;f j ; klajdf;lkjadfkl;j ;akdjf ;

End Spoilers

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »

How many here feel they spend their lives "Pushing" on "Pull" doors?

Or "Pulling" on "Push" Doors

Or "Pulliam" On All Doors

Oof (must not groan)!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

KevinH

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »

Break a leg, DR Jose!  I'm hoping to see Oklahoma in a couple of weeks.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »

I finished reading MURDER AT THE MASQUERS.

It's a goodie!
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »

I remember the Buffalo Bill guy on Hollywood Blvd. very well.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »

Anybody know his name?

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »

Do the sows come home when the cows come home?

Can you make a silk purse out of a cow's ear?

When the cows away the sows will play.

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »

Big Brother 13

spoilers

Spoilers

SPOILERS

jkdl;kj ;lkj as;jn;l kaj;lkj l;kajtkl;;LKJA S;DLFKJ ;LKJ;L KAJDF;LK AJDF;LAKSJDF ;LKAJS L;KJASF;LKJ ;LKJFLast night was the first telecast of Big Brother 13 (which actually started about six days ago according to a source - http://www.hamsterwatch.com/).

There were 8 (count-'em-8) new contestants, and this season's twist is that they had to pair up with one another to form four couples...and then three previous couples were brought in:  "Evil" Dick and Danielle (father-daughter), Jeff and Jordan (boyfriend-girlfriend) and Brendon and Rachel (indescribable, but afianced nonetheless).

The first HOH competition was won by Rachel who agreed to not nominate either Dick or Danielle at the end of the competition (both Dick and Danielle were solid in the competition, but Dick struck the deal with Rachel and allowed her to win).

Rachel:  OMG!  As much fun as she can be, she is equally obnoxious and unnerving.  And that LAUGH.  OMG!

Dick:  The most recent report is that Dick is "missing" and no announcement has been made as to what has happened.  He's not on the feeds (as of last night).

Nominees for eviction:  Newbies Keith and Porsche. 

Danielle has a Golden Key, whatever "that" means.

There are -- yet -- new twists to learn about, including how Power of Veto might work. Xkdlk;j l;kajl;kjasfjk af;lkj ;lkajsdf;lkj;klajsdfl; h;alkj;l kjdsl;kj asdfjkasdfjkl;as ;dlfkj;lkj ;ljksd fl;kasjdf;lk dkl  al;kjfa;lkfj ;lakj;lkj f;alskdjf asl;kdfj al;ksdfj ;lakjdf ;lksdjf;lkaj ;laksdjf ;lKJ;alksdjf ;lksdjf ;aklj;ALKJ ;ALKJA;LSKDFJ SSal;kjd;lkj l;f j ; klajdf;lkjadfkl;j ;akdjf ;

End Spoilers

CONTINUED SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Isn't the golden key when your partner is evicted and you are guaranteed a spot in the final 10?   So maybe Dick really is gone

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »

And yet hate like this still continues in the US, although gays, Muslims, Hispanics, and others have  been added to the list.

It sickens me.

I just don't get it.  How can people feel and act that violently against others, just because they're different? :'(

What really gets me are the amount of Gay friends I have who are very prejudiced against Hispanics and I have Jewish friends who constantly show hate towards Muslims or anyone Arabic.

You would think that those who are part of an oft discriminated against class would show more compassion, but evidently that is not the case.

Knowing what it felt like to be discriminated against there was a time Jews were known for defending the rights of blacks.  Have you asked why your friends show hate towards anyone Arabic?  Is it that they feel discriminated against first?  I know how that feels.

It is a shame the opportunities for understanding & friendships that are missed by not meeting each new person as an individual vs identifying them with an entire group of people.

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »

More  BIG BROTHER spoilage........................

Ah yes, DR RLP, BIG BROTHER is starting out to be quite fun this season! Interesting that Dick and his daughter still do not speak to each other. Dick is so gross....of course, Danielle does not look so good either, with that black hair, but she is nice enough, I guess. Actually, I think I like her simply because she does not seem to like her father at all.

Very glad that Brendon is back (too bad it has to  be with Rachel in tow) as well as Jeff and Jordan who I can NEVER get too much of....they just make me smile so much. I honestly would watch a show that was just the two of them.

As for the newbies...so far Lawon seems interesting, but the heavy metal guy drove me crazy...I guess the model girl might be intersting, also and that the amazingly horny youth minister should prove to be entertaining.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »

Good Evening!

The calm before the storm.

-a.k.a. The time between the day rehearsal and the first preview.

-a.k.a. Dinner Break.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »

Thank You for all the First Preview Wishes! I will be sure to pass them on somehow to my fellow company members.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »

*And I'm guessing those HHW Well Wishes are most likely responsible for the director deciding not to call rehearsal tomorrow during the day! I can sleep in! :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2011, 03:45:21 PM »

In honor of DR Jose's opening tonight, I listened to the Christine Andreas OKLAHOMA! in the car this afternoon.

DR Jose - do you have a banjo in your orchestra?  I love it in "The Farmer and the Cowman" and "Oklahoma!" on this recording!

DR Ginny - Yes, we do have a banjo in our orchestra. His name is Phil.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

I have not asked them, DR Jane, as they are not close friends...more like aquaintences. It is almost like they are thrilled that Muslims are now the target group to hate in American, and the heat is off Jews for the time being...so they are happy to throw fuel on the Islam fire, so to speak.

My gay friends I have asked, and they just seem to be way to stuck in their prejudices, which is maddening to me. Either that or they are just fooling with me in order to drive me crazy, thinking that it is a very short drive.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »

Be sure to tell when you're coming. And/or if you do know when you want to come, just message me your info, and I can place a house seat request in for you.*

*And that goes for the other DRs on this site.

**We're actually selling quite well, so get your tickets sooner than later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »

But now onto pleasant things.

It is Friday and I will have a private session with an extremely handsome personal trainer this evening. I am certain that it will help me attain some of my goals.

DR MBarnum - Just make sure you're not concentrating too hard on one of your goals during a training session, or, well... You get my drift. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »

BK, what if the lettering was in silver...like a silver foil overlay?  I would think that the silver color would go well with the blue.  Just a(nother) suggestion.

I was thinking silver (or gold) would work well too. Or maybe something flesh-toned. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »

OH!

And I just checked the program for Oklahoma!, and my name appears sans accent. Yeah! -Alas, it also appears sans my middle initial, but that's A-OK with me. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »

And now...

I'm gonna get ready for tonight's show.

:)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »

And now...

I'm gonna get ready for tonight's show.

:)

Laters...

Break a leg, DR Jose!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »

DR JRand60, did you hear about the Lucille Ball DVD releases coming out?

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »

Be sure to tell when you're coming. And/or if you do know when you want to come, just message me your info, and I can place a house seat request in for you.*

*And that goes for the other DRs on this site.

**We're actually selling quite well, so get your tickets sooner than later.

Thanks so much!  I'll be sure and let you know!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »

Did the four-mile jog and came home to an e-mail that the clean-up phase of Nudie Musical begins this evening.  Apparently they do this on their own, but I told them not to start until I either go there to chat with whoever's doing it, or chat on the phone with him.  That will happen in about an hour, I'm told. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up