Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A SOW'S EAR  (Read 12508 times)

Kerry

Re: A SOW'S EAR
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 07:25:57 AM »

"Marian the Librarian" was playing on my Ipod while Sugar and I were walking this morning.  It made it very difficult to walk normally.  Luckily, Sugar picked up the steps quickly.  We had a break with "1900 Yesterday," but things got worse when "Gotta Have a Gimmick" came on.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 07:26:11 AM »

PAGE DEUX!
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 07:32:57 AM »

I love Sugar.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 07:33:23 AM »

"Marian the Librarian" was playing on my Ipod while Sugar and I were walking this morning.  It made it very difficult to walk normally.  Luckily, Sugar picked up the steps quickly.  We had a break with "1900 Yesterday," but things got worse when "Gotta Have a Gimmick" came on.

Where's DR Laura with her video camera when we need her?  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 08:02:43 AM »

Friday.

DR ELMORE I finished reading THE TERROR which was excellent!

I think next summer you should direct A TALE OF TWO CITIES! You are probably now Indiana's leading authority and I want your autograph.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »

We watched Despicable Me yesterday. It was fun.

We have no plans tonight.

Doc Martin has been moved from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon so no DM for us tonight.

Do you wear Doc Martins while watching Doc Martin?

:)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 08:09:03 AM »

DR FJL, thanks for the reading.

It was a very strange dream. One thing I forgot to mention was that I (think I was!) in Paris to find someone, but I have no idea to what end. It was certainly no Sydney Carton-Charless Darnay rescue.

I have returned from the barber and it's nice to have short hair again. I no longer look like an aging Bozo the Clown. The Radio City post office has two automated postal machines, and the one I used was clearly on its last legs. By the time I had obtained and paid for postage to mail two of my three packages, three customers had successfully used the other one.

It's good to be home!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 09:03:47 AM »

How many here feel they spend their lives "Pushing" on "Pull" doors?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »

DR Michael S bronchitis begone vibes!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »

"Midvale School for the Gifted,"   ;D  Which was always especially funny to my family since Midvale is a suburb of SLC.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »

"Midvale School for the Gifted,"   ;D  Which was always especially funny to my family since Midvale is a suburb of SLC.

That popped into my mind, too, DR JMK!  It was funny to our family because Richard taught in, and Rob was a student in, our local school district's gifted program.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Good night's sleep, which I needed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »

Break a leg to Jose for the first preview.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »

Feeling better vibes for DR MICHAEL S.

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And 12 hours from now, I should be in the intermission of our first preview.

~~~BREAK LEG FOR YOUR PREVIEW VIBES!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »

George

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »

Topic of the Day:  last night, I went through a couple of boxes of CDs in my garage looking for a specific CD, "Pilgrim" by Ruthie Henshall.  I was very happy that I was actually able to find it!  While I was searching, I also found (in no particular order):

• Ron White's "Drunk in Public," (he's a comedian) autographed, numbered, limited edition (#21 of 50!)
  • Murnaus' "Sunrise" soundtrack, composed by Timothy Brock and performed by the Olympia [Washington!] Chamber Orchestra
  • "Carmina Burana," conducted by James Levine with June Anderson (this was the very first CD that I ever owned!)
  • "New Music with Guitar," a compilation by David Starobin (this includes "Sunday Song Set" with baritone Patrick Mason)
  • "Sacred Choral Works" of Domenico Scarlatti, sung by the Western Washington University Concert Choir (I'm on this CD!!)
  • Bernadette Peters' "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" (AND the promo version when it was called "Desire" that a friend of mine gave me!)
  • A compilation that I made of Liz Callaway singing Sondheim songs

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 11:22:38 AM »

JOSE-

Tonight-

May The Wind Come Sweepin' Down The Plain

Good Luck To All

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 11:25:03 AM »

Or "Pulling" on "Push" Doors

Or "Pulliam" On All Doors

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »

The last variation on the Nudie art - I thought maybe it would pop even more, but I don't think I like it - I like where the lips are the only red - still it was worth the try.

George

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »

BK, what if the lettering was in silver...like a silver foil overlay?  I would think that the silver color would go well with the blue.  Just a(nother) suggestion.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »

JOSE-

Tonight-

May The Wind Come Sweepin' Down The Plain

Good Luck To All

:)

DITTO!!

Jane

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »

DR JMK you might find this article interesting: http://www.maximumtech.com/doggie-dna-tests-how-exactly-do-they-work-and-can-they-be-trusted

Which lab did you test with?

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »

TOD:

DVD:
THE FREEDOM RIDERS, which is a fascinating documetary about a group of black and white "agitators," as the Gov. of Alabama referred to them, who pursued a nonviolent act of civil disobedience by travelling on interstate busses from the north on down through the south. Once the busses were in the south each bus was required by state laws to separate black and white riders. However those in these groups continued to sit all mixed together in both the "colored" and "whites only" sections of the busses, as well as congregating in the "white race only" sections of the bus terminals.

They were met by brutal beatings wherein the KKK and others literally beat the heck out of both men and women who were on the busses and by months end over 300 Freedom Riders were jailed, despite the fact that they not once fought back, as this was to be a totally nonviolent protest.

It was amazing. And the documentary had interviews with many of the participants, witnesses, and newsmen who were coving the story at the time.

George

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 12:37:30 PM »

TOD:

DVD:
THE FREEDOM RIDERS, which is a fascinating documetary about a group of black and white "agitators," as the Gov. of Alabama referred to them, who pursued a nonviolent act of civil disobedience by travelling on interstate busses from the north on down through the south. Once the busses were in the south each bus was required by state laws to separate black and white riders. However those in these groups continued to sit all mixed together in both the "colored" and "whites only" sections of the busses, as well as congregating in the "white race only" sections of the bus terminals.

They were met by brutal beatings wherein the KKK and others literally beat the heck out of both men and women who were on the busses and by months end over 300 Freedom Riders were jailed, despite the fact that they not once fought back, as this was to be a totally nonviolent protest.

It was amazing. And the documentary had interviews with many of the participants, witnesses, and newsmen who were coving the story at the time.

Sounds quite interesting, Mike.  It turns out that my library has this DVD...I just placed a hold. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2011, 12:46:12 PM »

Here are shots of a few of the groups of Freedom Riders.

And here are shots of what happened to them once they hit Alabama and Mississippi...

The police were instructed to wait and let the mob work over the riders for 15 minutes before showing up and then arresting the riders! It was stomach churning.

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

And yet hate like this still continues in the US, although gays, Muslims, Hispanics, and others have  been added to the list.

It sickens me.

George

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »

And yet hate like this still continues in the US, although gays, Muslims, Hispanics, and others have  been added to the list.

It sickens me.

I just don't get it.  How can people feel and act that violently against others, just because they're different? :'(

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »

But now onto pleasant things.

It is Friday and I will have a private session with an extremely handsome personal trainer this evening. I am certain that it will help me attain some of my goals.

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »

It sickens me.

I just don't get it.  How can people feel and act that violently against others, just because they're different? :'(

Some people just feel better if they have someone or some  group to hate, or they are just so fearful of those who believe, look, or worship differently.

What really gets me are the amount of Gay friends I have who are very prejudiced against Hispanics and I have Jewish friends who constantly show hate towards Muslims or anyone Arabic.

You would think that those who are part of an oft discriminated against class would show more compassion, but evidently that is not the case.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up