Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A HAZE OF A DAZE OF A BOG OF A FOG  (Read 10105 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: A HAZE OF A DAZE OF A BOG OF A FOG
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »

Continued recording vibes to Larry!

Continued recovery vibes to Micheal S!

Michael

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »

Can someone remind how to post a picture from my computer?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 03:09:40 PM »

Continued recording vibes to Larry!

Continued recovery vibes to Micheal S!

Thanks
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »

Can someone remind how to post a picture from my computer?

Click on the "Reply" link (or "quote," if that's what you want) and then click "Additional Options..."  There will be a box to "Attach" your picture from your computer.  You can attach up to four pictures at once.

HOWEVER, you can't preview your post with pictures attached.  You can preview what you type until you attach pictures, then you can post.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »

Jane, I hope you find that you enjoy the gym and can do plenty there. I've often had a similar experience--limited by various injuries.

It is why I have resisted joining a gym, plus we have equipment I like better in our garage.  For the few minutes, & at the low weights I can use, it seemed not only a waste of money but embarrassing to use the gym.  The problem is Keith wants me to get rid of the large set in the garage & puts his lawn stuff all over it so I can't use it anyway.  Since I also plan to use the pool at the Y I broke down & joined the gym.  Now I probably have to pay someone to take apart the garage set & haul it away.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »

Today I picked up my new custom-made insoles. They feel very strange and I'll need a little time to adjust. They also feel completely different from my ready-mades. I'm hoping I'll be able to take longer walks--and do so comfortably.

Are they orthotics or simply extra comfy insoles?

Michael

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »

I'm thinking of changing my photo any opinions?
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »

Jane, I hope you find that you enjoy the gym and can do plenty there. I've often had a similar experience--limited by various injuries.

It is why I have resisted joining a gym, plus we have equipment I like better in our garage.  For the few minutes, & at the low weights I can use, it seemed not only a waste of money but embarrassing to use the gym.  The problem is Keith wants me to get rid of the large set in the garage & puts his lawn stuff all over it so I can't use it anyway.  Since I also plan to use the pool at the Y I broke down & joined the gym.  Now I probably have to pay someone to take apart the garage set & haul it away.

If you're getting rid of it, list it on Craig's List and the buyer will take it away for you!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »

The buyer would have to be an expert on dismantling & reassembling it.  It is vary large with 4 sides of different equipment.  We've had it about 17 years in 3 different homes.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »

DR Michael S did you hold the camera up & take your own photo?  It has that close-up look to it ;)  Glasses & very short hair, you have changed ;)  I think the photo would work nicely as your avatar. :)

George

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »

The buyer would have to be an expert on dismantling & reassembling it.  It is vary large with 4 sides of different equipment.  We've had it about 17 years in 3 different homes.

And your point is...?? ;)

Do you just want to get rid of it or do you want to make money?  If you just want to get rid of it, list it as free, but that the buyer must remove it.  I'd think that you'd get some interest.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from the Fichlander Stage!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »

As for the forecasted "traffic nightmare", there was none to be had. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2011, 04:19:14 PM »

As for my dinner earlier tonight, it was very good. I also learned that a scoop of gelato served by itself at Graffiato is about three times the size of a scoop of gelato when it accompanies the chocolate tart. Of course, that really didn't deter me from eating both scoops: one of pistachio, one of watermelon(!).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 04:20:16 PM »

Change is good, DR Michael S.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

Yesterday, Jane pestered queried:

What was the book you got him that he has to wait to read?

Answer: “Blood Rites” the sixth in Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files series (No 13 is now on the best seller list).

A few weeks back, when I had both Lads (alone) at my mercy, I decided we would spend some time reading something new. I brought over a collection of books from which Alex could select:: Book One of The Dresden Files (Warlocks and Magic), Crichton’s Timeline (Time travel to a castle under siege  in medieval France), Carr’s “The Alienist” (Searching for a serial killer in 1896 NYC), Finney”s “Time and Again” (time travel to 1892 NYC for adventures) – all the books either have sequels or have similar works by the same author – Experience tells me that if Alex buys into one work, , he’ll buy into other’s by the same the Author. He picked The Harry Dresden, and stayed up all night to finish it! So, now ere on a 13 volume reading adventure.

I got William to start on Volume One of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod (teen age vampire).

Alex has an MTV-bred impatience with reading; he wouldn't finish 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea because it was boring. Also, he wont touch any book if he's seen  (or might see) the movie!

der Brucer

R.I.F.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »

And now I need to get into my costume...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »

And your point is...?? ;)

Do you just want to get rid of it or do you want to make money?  If you just want to get rid of it, list it as free, but that the buyer must remove it.  I'd think that you'd get some interest.

I would donate for resale if I could.  I'm guessing I can't but I will double check.  I haven't made any calls yet.  I am concerned someone would get injured removing it & we would be responsible since it is on our property.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2011, 06:14:07 PM »

Joe Csibi told me last night that his company asked the Philadelphian producer if I could stay in Ireland and they got a response that I was a National Treasure and must return to America. I may retitle my memoirs 'Life on a Pedestal.' It's easier being a schlep, believe me.

A National Treasure.  I would accept that.  I believe that is true of all of our artifacts.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2011, 06:15:37 PM »

You are getting very thin, Michael.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 06:17:19 PM »

And now I need to get into my costume...

Laters...

Ado Annie?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »

Page three and it is after six on the Left Coast.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

You would think it was the middle of  the summer.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »

This has been yet another depressing week.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »

DR TCB, sigh!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »

After the ER visit on Monday, I was told to stay off of my feet, keep my leg elevated, keep heat on the wound, and check in with my regular doctor on Wednesday.

The one thing I have always liked about my relationship with my doctor is that there is never any BS on either side.  If there is something wrong, he will let me know it.  After he unwrapped my leg, there was a very long pause on his part before he said, "This is really bad, Tom, really bad."  He didn't pull any punches.  Where the previous outbreaks have been about the size of a half dollar, this time it was from just below the knee down to just above my ankle.  My calf was four times the size of my left calf.  He said that he wasn't sure that we could treat the MRSA without surgery to remove all of the "junk."

Finally we decided to try the Infectious Disease Center in town.  So for the last two days I have gone down to their office, saw a doctor that I was not exactly thrilled with, and then sent to the other side of the clinic to have an IV of mega antibiotics.  I get to go back again both Saturday and Sunday, but just for the IV - no doctor chat.  Monday is my day to rest, and then I get to go back and see my favorite new doctor on Tuesday.  Hopefully she will give me a reason to celebrate my birthday.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:33:08 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2011, 06:31:51 PM »

Wow.  I type slow.  There was no one else here when I started my previous post, and now it is a full house.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:34:30 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2011, 06:32:40 PM »

Had a nice meeting with Joan and Vicky.  Then the horror part of the day began.  I got a call from paypal debit card services - these come from time to time - asking me to verify the last five transactions.  It's a pain, but usually only takes about two minutes with all the voice prompts.  The first charge was for $1.08 from a video rental place in Illinois.  I said no not me and I was connected with a fraud expert.  We went over the next few charges, which included two from a Walmart in Colorodo.  They'd already refused two other Walmart charges made after those.  The card was immediately shut down and I ordered a new card with new number.  Meanwhile, I was out the $240 that someone had managed to have authorized.  But I spoke to paypal and they said that once the authorizations went through I would then get an e-mail that I'd respond to and then the money would get back to me in three or four days.  They suggested I call the Walmart and try to get them to not process the two charges.  That I did - but because they were made today, they don't actually show up until tomorrow - so I'll be up bright and early at six to call them and suggest that they not put them through.  Paypal has been wonderful about it all - very calming - and in fact they have already returned the money to my account, although if the charges go through then it will be debited again and we'll have to do the paperwork and it will be back in a few days.

This is a first for me and just makes me hate the people who do this sort of thing all the more.  I basically wish them death in the most painful way possible for all the grief they cause people.  And I truly believe they will get the karma they deserve.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »

Now, get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the Gardenia.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up