Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AUGUST  (Read 19562 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: AUGUST
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2010, 05:15:07 PM »

DR Elmore - if you've had an upset stomach, be careful about eating dairy products too soon!

I think it's all depression.

Speaking of depressing, here are Steve Reeves and Carol Channing in "The Vamp." l

That is a very frightening photo!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »

PAGE FIVE!!!
“One thing’s universal,

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »

BK, this interview should be great publicity for you!  Congratulations!  Hope it sells lots of all your books.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

I'm back again

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »

Finished the liner notes for the next release.  One more I have to do that will come concurrently with that release or a week later.  Our very own Mr. Nick Redman is graciously doing the notes for the release after that - the Holy Grail release - for him as well as me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »

Haven't jogged yet and won't till around seven-thirty, I think.  Meantime I think I deserve a Dragnet or three.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »

I'm feeling a bit moody today. Not sure if it's because I'm still not feeling well, or the weather or the fact that I noticed Edith doesn't have her two personal items on her desk anymore.   She's been acting strange ever since I've been sick. I don't think she believed I was really sick, She's been tuning me out and has all and all been very irritating.  anyway, I've had this feeling she's thinking about leaving and then today I saw the clay paperclip holder her son made and another thing she said she's had at every office she's worked in are both gone. She's never had many personal items at the office so this feels a bit ominous

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »

I'm so glad I didn't go - I just heard there was a fire on or off the 101 out to Westlake and that the drive was two hours.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »

She's taking her week of paid vacation from the 9th to the 13th.  I'm not sure whether I should say anything before vacation or not.

Laura

« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2010, 05:46:17 PM »

She'll probably be job interviewing that week.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »

Vixmom, the eyes won't stay blue, you know.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »

She'll probably be job interviewing that week.

She has a reservation at a campground, so I think she's going to be camping.  My fear is she's going to take her paid vacation then quit

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »

I'm not going to stress about it.  If it happens I'll deal with it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2010, 05:55:37 PM »

At least she keeps a very detailed To Do list, so if worse comes to worst, I can go on. I really hope she's not going to quit.  She's very good at what she does and I don't want her to leave.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »

I think my nausea has gone away, Mikey, so you're off the hook. 

:) 

Jane

« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2010, 05:59:52 PM »

DR Elmore - if you've had an upset stomach, be careful about eating dairy products too soon!

I almost commented & figured I would finish reading the posts first.  I was sure someone would say this.  Thank you Ginny.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »

I think it's all depression.

Then you need to be extra strict about your diet & get some exercise.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »

I'm feeling a bit moody today. Not sure if it's because I'm still not feeling well, or the weather or the fact that I noticed Edith doesn't have her two personal items on her desk anymore.   She's been acting strange ever since I've been sick. I don't think she believed I was really sick, She's been tuning me out and has all and all been very irritating.  anyway, I've had this feeling she's thinking about leaving and then today I saw the clay paperclip holder her son made and another thing she said she's had at every office she's worked in are both gone. She's never had many personal items at the office so this feels a bit ominous

Cilla, you are the boss and she works for you.  What is it to her if you are home sick, or goofing off, or spending the day at a foreign film festival.  Has there been some other disagreement between you two lately?  I thought she loved working for you.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »

I am glad I didn't say anything more before I ate my cake.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »

How very sad that 3D is banned from this site, but still continues to read it on a daily basis.

I don't find it sad in the least; she likes to stir up things and be rude. I prefer her lurking to posting.

I don't know what to call it. But it is sad and pitiful.

The point is DR elmore it is sad someone would be so driven to put the time & energy into lurking, writing & being rude.  Something has to be off.  I can't comprehend why she has taken up the cause against Bruce.  A cause should be to make life better for the downtrodden not whatever this is. 

Jane

« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »

I'm feeling a bit moody today. Not sure if it's because I'm still not feeling well, or the weather or the fact that I noticed Edith doesn't have her two personal items on her desk anymore.   She's been acting strange ever since I've been sick. I don't think she believed I was really sick, She's been tuning me out and has all and all been very irritating.  anyway, I've had this feeling she's thinking about leaving and then today I saw the clay paperclip holder her son made and another thing she said she's had at every office she's worked in are both gone. She's never had many personal items at the office so this feels a bit ominous

Oh no!!!  VIBES ALL WILL BE FINE!!!

Has she seen your inhaler?

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »

I don't know exactly what it is, there's been some tension, but I just haven't had the energy to deal with it. I'm hoping that when she takes her vacation she'll come back and things will be fine.   

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »

Personally, I would ask her before she goes on vacation.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »

Cilla you have a few days to think about it.  In the meantime drops hints you are slowly feeling better.  You might ask if you were grumpy, or something, while you were sick...something along that train of thought.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »

Just read what you said.  I definitely think you should trust your instincts and put it right.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »

Sorry, I should stay out of your business.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2010, 06:20:05 PM »

Well, the plan was to wait, but  now that I've noticed the things missing on her desk, I think I better talk to her.

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »

Hoo and Ray - the former co-worker and friend to whom I sent the email last night has responded!  We were quite close when we worked together at Miami University.  We both married men we met on campus and had children about the same time (hers are a little older than Rob).  She's been retired a few years, still lives nearby, and we're making plans to get together.

I also reconnected with a high school friend/2-time college roommate via Facebook!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2010, 06:22:09 PM »

I'm feeling a bit moody today. Not sure if it's because I'm still not feeling well, or the weather or the fact that I noticed Edith doesn't have her two personal items on her desk anymore.   She's been acting strange ever since I've been sick. I don't think she believed I was really sick, She's been tuning me out and has all and all been very irritating.  anyway, I've had this feeling she's thinking about leaving and then today I saw the clay paperclip holder her son made and another thing she said she's had at every office she's worked in are both gone. She's never had many personal items at the office so this feels a bit ominous

Oh no!!!  VIBES ALL WILL BE FINE!!!

Has she seen your inhaler?

She asked what the doctor said and I told her it could be asthma and I have an inhaler.  She mentioned her step daughter was just diagnosed with asthma so it must be going around. She was niceer toward the end of the week, so I'm thinking she may have asked her husband what it is.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »

Sorry, I should stay out of your business.

If I didn't want any comments, I wouldn't have posted about it.  You're fine DR TCB
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up