Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY HIS HAIRDRESSER KNOWS FOR SURE  (Read 27231 times)

Ginny

Re:ONLY HIS HAIRDRESSER KNOWS FOR SURE
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »

Sunday evening greetings from Mom's retirement community!  Boy, it's exciting here  ;D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2006, 05:57:47 PM »

Sunday evening greetings from Mom's retirement community!  Boy, it's exciting here  ;D

But, oh, how lucky you are to still have her!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2006, 06:01:27 PM »

DR Jose, looks like you drove right by Sioux City.  You probably didn't notice.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2006, 06:04:33 PM »

Whew!  Caught up at last.

Read all about MR BK's nearly flat tire - DR RLP's new toy - DR RODZINSKI's anniversary and trip to LI - saw tulips and daisies - read about DR CILLALIZ's new kitchen AND her brief flirtation with a handsome actor - whew!!!

DR CILLA LIZ - if they have one in your area - the Tuesday Morning Stores have great bargains on home furnishing accessories and sometimes have beautiful area rugs at great prices!

The best things are the non-advertised clearance items!

Hmmm, there is one that just opened. I had no idea what it was, I just saw "Tuesday Morning" on the outside of the building. I did find a rug today at Lowe's.  I'll post a photo when I get caught up on the posts

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2006, 06:05:02 PM »

DR Jose, looks like you drove right by Sioux City.  You probably didn't notice.

:)

Actually, I think we went to the Applebee's there.  -We went to a lot of Applebee's on that tour.

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2006, 06:06:53 PM »

Oh, yes!  Tuesday Morning.  The selection can be hit and miss at times, but if you get there early enough you can find some great items.  They will close for restocking every couple of weeks, so each time you go back you can browse through different things.

I believe Ms. Lauren Bacall does TV commercials for them.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2006, 06:10:21 PM »

DR SWW - Have you ever made the Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes?  My favorite accompaniment with leg of lamb.  -But a really good rice pilaf is good too... as is yanni, the Greek-style green beans.  -Not the Greek-style, long-haired keyboard artiste.

;)

Do you have a recipe for the potatoes?

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2006, 06:12:24 PM »

Well, here is Martha Stewart's recipe.  I really do love these potatoes.  When done correctly, the potatoes develop a "shell", and then the insides just melt away once you break into them.  And all that lemon and oregano.  You can roast these in the oven at the same you do the lamb.  Or if you have a big enough oven and roasting pan, you can do them at the same time.[/size]

So simple, and sooo good.

Guess I should have read a little farther. Thanks DR Jose

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2006, 06:16:50 PM »

You're welcome, DR Cillaliz.

*The Greek place I used to go to in Richmond would make them on the weekends.  Sometimes, I would just make a lunch from them and some green beans.  Simple and good.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:17:42 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2006, 06:22:53 PM »

DR Dakotacelt - regarding the discussion yesterday, the Sioux are in South Dakota. They are called the Lakota Sioux. They actually came close to shooting Lewis and Clark near Yankton on their way up the Missouri. They were once throughout this area hence Sioux City, Sioux Falls etc. they call this area Siouxland. I read somewhere they are talking about not doing that anymore, but I've never heard anyone say they are offended by it.  

I grew up in an area where a large number of white settlers were massacred by Inkpaduta and a band of his followers. He was a Lakota Sioux as well. I learned it as he was just a renegade. Now they are teaching the whole story of how he was treated and his brother or another relative killed shortly before the settlers were killed. Anyway, they call it the Spirit Lake Massacre. Just thought I'd point that out

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2006, 06:24:45 PM »

You're welcome, DR Cillaliz.

*The Greek place I used to go to in Richmond would make them on the weekends.  Sometimes, I would just make a lunch from them and some green beans.  Simple and good.

We have a Greek Orthodox Church in Sioux City that has the most wonderful dinners several times a year. The lines are huge and they have a bakery set up. All the food made by the congregation. They put out a great cook book last year, it's in a box somewhere, hope to find it sometime soon.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2006, 06:28:45 PM »

DakotaCelt, that is appalling, I can't believe you were treated with such disrespect! That sounds like a story for the local news if I ever heard one.

They pooh-poohed it...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »

Actually, I just found on the net that Inkpaduta was a Santee-Sioux not a Lakota

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »

DR Dakotacelt - regarding the discussion yesterday, the Sioux are in South Dakota. They are called the Lakota Sioux. They actually came close to shooting Lewis and Clark near Yankton on their way up the Missouri. They were once throughout this area hence Sioux City, Sioux Falls etc. they call this area Siouxland. I read somewhere they are talking about not doing that anymore, but I've never heard anyone say they are offended by it.  

I grew up in an area where a large number of white settlers were massacred by Inkpaduta and a band of his followers. He was a Lakota Sioux as well. I learned it as he was just a renegade. Now they are teaching the whole story of how he was treated and his brother or another relative killed shortly before the settlers were killed. Anyway, they call it the Spirit Lake Massacre. Just thought I'd point that out

I had heard bits and pieces. The Dakota Sioux up here prefer being called Dakota...

It was after 1862 revolt in Minnesota and they pushed out of the Minnesota River Valley into the Red River Valley.

University of North Dakota has been embroiled in a nickname debate for years.. It quite the controversy up here.

BTW, DR Cilla, my grandmother is originally from Bridgwater, IA
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2006, 06:35:44 PM »

DR Cilla, a piece of trivia for you...

A member of the Deceit cast is a native of Iowa....

Matt Ashford was born in Davenport.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2006, 06:43:49 PM »

DR Cilla, a piece of trivia for you...

A member of the Deceit cast is a native of Iowa....

Matt Ashford was born in Davenport.

So was my brother-in-law, how old is Matt?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:46:27 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2006, 06:44:39 PM »

My secretary's son is a chef in Fargo. Not sure where, she couldn't remember the name of the place

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2006, 06:45:45 PM »

And a good friend of mine who is a theatre/tv/movie critic among other things, for the Sioux City Journal is from North Dakota, somewhere in the middle of nowhere...is there a Turtle Creek or Turtle something?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »

We have a Greek Orthodox Church in Sioux City that has the most wonderful dinners several times a year. The lines are huge and they have a bakery set up. All the food made by the congregation. They put out a great cook book last year, it's in a box somewhere, hope to find it sometime soon.

I love me some Greek Food Festival Food.  The Greek Orthodox church in Richmond, VA, has a wonderful annual festival.  Huge turnout of people for all the goodies.  And the Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Falls Church, VA, also has a nice festival.  And then there's St. Catherine's in DC... and... and...

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2006, 06:49:58 PM »

I have been through Fargo. After my first year in law school, my parents, my aunt and I drove to Alaska. The way out was via the Black Hills, Yellowstone, the Canadian Rockies, then to Prince Rupert and the ferry. My Aunt flew back, my parents and I took a cruise and then drove back straight across Canada through Edmonton and Saskatoon then down through North Dakota, South Dakota and home.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2006, 06:52:04 PM »

I love me some Greek Food Festival Food.  The Greek Orthodox church in Richmond, VA, has a wonderful annual festival.  Huge turnout of people for all the goodies.  And the Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Falls Church, VA, also has a nice festival.  And then there's St. Catherine's in DC... and... and...

Do they play toss the ring on Mount Olympus or Pin the Snake on Medusa's head?  I thought those games were great in the kids zone

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2006, 06:55:44 PM »

Do they play toss the ring on Mount Olympus or Pin the Snake on Medusa's head?  I thought those games were great in the kids zone

Yes.  Although, the "game" I like watching the most is "Let's try to walk a straight line after drinking a couple of bottles of retsina and having a couple of shots of ouzo."

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2006, 06:57:14 PM »

OK...

I need to take an e-break...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2006, 06:57:21 PM »

Yes.  Although, the "game" I like watching the most is "Let's try to walk a straight line after drinking a couple of bottles of retsina and having a couple of shots of ouzo."

;D

So are you watching or participating ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2006, 07:02:54 PM »

SLINGS AND ARROWS had a wonderful beginning to its new series by tying up the ends from last season.  It is such a neat show, and it's nice to learn once again that pretentious twits who think they're actors exist in the professional world as well as other spheres.  After that, BLEAK HOUSE started rolling toward its denouement, and I forget if there are one or two more episodes to wrap up this epic.  

It's been Mozart, Dickens, and a Shakespeare Festival today.  Thank God I had DATE MOVIE to bring me down to the level of American pop culture these days.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2006, 07:03:58 PM »

OK...

I need to take an e-break...

Try relaxing and putting your hand in a warm bowl of water.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2006, 07:04:10 PM »

page 6 ice dance

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2006, 07:08:48 PM »

The problem with these so-called spoof films of today is that they are like a sketch comedy TV show, sometimes not as funny.  They all hope to invoke Airplane, but they don't actually learn anything from Airplane - Airplane was spoofing a genre, a specific genre, and while there are outrageous and outlandish gags every minute, they are always true to the genre they're spoofing, and at the film's core are two characters you actually like and care about.  That is the difference.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2006, 07:11:08 PM »

Show was decent today, although I am once again going to have to talk to the third actor strongly - he's now playing an entirely different play than everyone else, and the sad part of it is he has no clew, no clew at all.  We had about a half-house, which is very good for a Sunday.

Dinner with Pogue and Larry Drake was great, and we laughed and laughed and just when we thought we could laugh no more, we laughed again.

MBarnum

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2006, 07:26:24 PM »

I am catching up on the weekend Bollywood movies...just finished watching SHAIR (1949)...starring Dev Anand, Suraiy, and Kamini Kaushal....home town girl falls in love with poet..poet falls in love with pretty radio singer...the 3 of them duke it out...the ending was certainly not what I expected.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up