Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MULTIPLE THINGS  (Read 12012 times)

Jennifer

Re: MULTIPLE THINGS
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »

My niece does summer soccer. But my sister had put her in indoor winter soccer. Anyhow they did not have enough younger kids so they had put her with the 7-8 year olds. But this week (and many others) they put that class with the older kids 8-9-10.

My sister was not happy about this. Because it is very tough when you are 6 and the other kids are much older and better. And they had boys who were playing very roughly.

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »

This is the first time i've gone when she's played with the older kids. Anyhow the coach separted the girls and the boys. There were 3 girls playing against 3 girls. But the other two girls on my niece's team did not pass to her at all.

So at the water break i went over to them (their moms were there). And i told them my niece was feeling bad and asked as nice as i could if they would mind passing to her so she could feel part of the team.

The moms agreed and sort of chewed them out for not doing this earlier. Not sure why i had to do this (vs the coach). But at least after that they passed on every play. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »

I guess I will finish THE HELP now.

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2012, 05:17:46 PM »

I really wanted to read. For some reason a lot of books have come for me from the library at the same time. Right now i have 6. I don't like having so many library books at once. Especially since i have 2 netgalley books i am dying to read.

And i haven' t read anything since i've been feeling under the weather. I think tomorrow i will try to spend a good part of the day reading.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2012, 05:18:05 PM »

I just watched a good episode of Sherlock Holmes on PBS, titled "The Resident Patient" with Jeremy Brett. Quite entertaining!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »

I'm guessing i won't fall asleep too early since i had a nap. I could not keep my eyes open. I feel really fatigued. :(

But the weird thing is my throat hurts on and off. Right now it doesn't hurt at all.

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »

I won a gift card (which i didn't receive yet) to Chapters. It's the big bookstore chain in Canada. They sell online like amazon. But also have tons of actual huge bookstores.

Anyhow they sent a big booklet in the mail today for Mother's Day. And they had the prices of some books listed in there. And the prices seemed really high. Then I went online to their website and noticed that the prices of books are much cheaper there. Like a $20 book online was $15.

I never realized that they were charging so much more in the stores. I guess they want to have some incentive for people ordering online. Do they do the same sort of thing at Barnes and Noble?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »

Now i'm going to watch MY WEEK WITH MARILYN. I'm looking forward to it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »

I am watching the dvd THE HELP. Very good so far. But i'm glad i have it on dvd. Because i don't like sitting for so long in a row.

I didn't notice it was long.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »

Homemade coleslaw sounds good.

I would like to eat some of it too.  I told him he didn't buy enough cabbage to make enough.  Even so, I thought it would make more than it did.  If we make it to the market tomorrow I'll pick up more ingredients to make more.  He's going to a baseball game before driving home from San Francisco so I doubt he will be home early enough to make it unless he gets us very early Monday morning which I seriously doubt.  I'm sure he would stay up tomorrow night except our makeshift bedroom is next to the kitchen.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »

This is the first time i've gone when she's played with the older kids. Anyhow the coach separted the girls and the boys. There were 3 girls playing against 3 girls. But the other two girls on my niece's team did not pass to her at all.

So at the water break i went over to them (their moms were there). And i told them my niece was feeling bad and asked as nice as i could if they would mind passing to her so she could feel part of the team.

The moms agreed and sort of chewed them out for not doing this earlier. Not sure why i had to do this (vs the coach). But at least after that they passed on every play. :)

That was very nice of them.  Had it been father's they might have told you it is about winning.

Like your sister I would be unhappy with the changes.  If my kid wasn't happy I would ask for a refund.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »

I won a gift card (which i didn't receive yet) to Chapters. It's the big bookstore chain in Canada. They sell online like amazon. But also have tons of actual huge bookstores.

Anyhow they sent a big booklet in the mail today for Mother's Day. And they had the prices of some books listed in there. And the prices seemed really high. Then I went online to their website and noticed that the prices of books are much cheaper there. Like a $20 book online was $15.

I never realized that they were charging so much more in the stores. I guess they want to have some incentive for people ordering online. Do they do the same sort of thing at Barnes and Noble?

The prices might be up for Mother's Day.  Watch for sales after, at least on books women are more likely to purchase.  You do have Father's Day as we do?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR George.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »

Good morning, all! I did indeed sleep late, and a side of me wishes I'd stayed in bed longer than 9am. I'm going to ignore the laundry and the printing mess today and focus on cleaning up this apartment, and I may finish the last work needed to be done on on the full scores for ROBERTA. I also have the last act of the EILEEN Libretto to type by Monday. I've now collected all the EILEEN singers' biographies except for Philip O'Reilly, our Col. Lester, and our conductor David.

I also need to move my apartment furniture around and get the AC ready for summer, but I fea with my current back situation, I need to hire some sherpas. I need vibes for the office, the lousy printer, my back, etc. Is there a Mayo Clinic for vibes? I need 'em all.

~~~~~~~~Multiple positive vibes to DR elmore!~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »

Here are the speakers - you tell me: http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-Soundsticks-III/dp/B0042F3K9W/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1336254100&sr=1-1

I've seen these, they are wonderful speakers.  And they don't really look like dildo's, at least none that I've ever seen.... wait TMI.  Sorry wrong number

hello, goodbye

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »

I am back and greatly relieved.  Yesterday afternoon I had an appointment with our primary care physician because my left leg and ankle had been hurting and swelling for a couple of weeks.  With my history of blood clots, of course I was concerned.  The doctor didn't think I had a blood clot, but scheduled an ultrasound of both legs for today, just to be on the safe side.  Both legs are clear, so Richard and I went out to lunch to celebrate.

The doctor also ordered me to buy a new pair of shoes for my cardio walking to replace the worn out Easy Spirits I've been wearing.  He thinks the pain in my ankle is tendonitis.

Good health news, Ginny!
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »

DR ELMORE I liked it....to a POINT!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

KevinH

« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »

Hi TCB!  How are you today?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »

TOD:  Late in the day

Introduction to SCI FI was via Rocky Jones Space Ranger, a thrice weekly television series.

First SciFi movie - FORBIDDEN PLANET at the Center Brook Drive In.  I do not remember what the other feature was, but I think it was a western.......otherwise my father would never have taken us to the drive in the first place.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

Nine guests have hit the road since I arrived at HHW.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »

Good news from DR GINNY and DR ELMORE!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »

Here are the speakers - you tell me: http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-Soundsticks-III/dp/B0042F3K9W/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1336254100&sr=1-1

I've seen these, they are wonderful speakers.  And they don't really look like dildo's, at least none that I've ever seen.... wait TMI.  Sorry wrong number

hello, goodbye

What's a dildo?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »

Very tired today, Kevin.  Thanks for asking.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »

Very tired today, Kevin.  Thanks for asking.

I hope you'll feel more rested tomorrow.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2012, 06:27:20 PM »

Thanks, DR TCB!

I'm glad to see you here this evening!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »

Thank you, DR JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2012, 06:28:53 PM »

Thanks, DR TCB!

I'm glad to see you here this evening!

Thanks, Ginny!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »

I've been asked to install the new Middletown AAUW officers at our dinner meeting on Monday evening.  We use a script that was very antiquated and harder and harder to read each year without giggling.  It was also too long.    The board gave me permission to revise it, which I've done this evening.  Taking out a lot of hyperbole and incorporating the flower ceremony into the body of the script, I've managed to reduce it from 5 pages to 4.  Wonder if anyone will notice?

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »

Now i'm going to watch MY WEEK WITH MARILYN. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm listening to the audiobook, narrated by Simon Prebble, and enjoying it very much.  Looking forward to your report on the movie.

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2012, 06:56:27 PM »

I am watching the dvd THE HELP. Very good so far. But i'm glad i have it on dvd. Because i don't like sitting for so long in a row.

I didn't notice it was long.

I think it's like 2 1/2 hours.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up