Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 22867 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2006, 03:26:40 PM »

I wondered if Mr Cheney is a fly fisherman!

I think Mr Spacey may be.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2006, 03:46:33 PM »

I'm back and I caught up on the posts.  Just what up was doing on the posts is anyone's guess.  That darn up.

Re breakfast pasta - a jernt near me called Hugo's (also in West Hollywood) is famous for their pasta breakfasts, Past Mamma and Pasta Poppa, the former eggs mixed with garlic, cheese and pasta, the latter the same with sausage added.  It's spectacularly good and it's always jammed in there for breakfast.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2006, 04:03:40 PM »

I think Mr Spacey may be.

Obsessed with Mr. Spacey, eh!

;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 04:10:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2006, 04:05:18 PM »

Re:  the you-know-whats that nobody will talk about until everyone sees them.

OLYMPICS SPOILER

SPOILER -- OLYMPICS

I'M NOT KIDDING...DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE MEN'S FINALS IN FIGURE SKATING.

LAST WARNING!

I MEAN IT...DON'T READ ANY FURTHER...

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FOR PITY'S SAKE...SAVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF.  STOP READING![/move]

From what I've read, I guess no one was around to tell any of them to "sparkle."  I've read that it was unremarkable in the extreme, with nothing much to commend any of the medalists...apparently the gold medal performance was not deemed to have been in the same league with the past three Olympic champions.  As for the silver and bronze, the report I read was that they were won by default rather than by anything particularly memorable or exciting.

What a shame.  I suppose the U.S. should be thrilled that all three men finished in the top 10....but somehow, the gilding has washed off the lily...and the dew has definitely dried up on the rose.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 04:21:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2006, 04:20:19 PM »

DR TCB, I still cannot tell if you are serious sometimes when you post.
Re: American Idol, when the elimination rounds start then it will be considered a spoiler to say who was eliminated.  But we are not there yet, and my post was vague. Like i said if you had not seen the show, i don't think you could tell what i meant.  But also, since it was vague, i'm assuming if anyone was going to watch the show then they would have not read my 2 paragraphs worth of stuff on that night's show!

DR Jennifer,  I certainly wouldn't worry about it, I am sure I will survive.  However, I don't believe that saying that the three cowboys got booted off (pun intended) is being vague.  I was particularly fond of the young cowboy who sang to his turkey; and although he was too untrained to survive on Idol, I would have preferred to find out that he was gone by watching the tape rather than from you spilling the beans.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 06:57:21 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2006, 04:21:36 PM »

Wow!!!

Busying myself to catch up. Been busy all day and I suspect it will be quiet tonight. It is very windy and cold out here. We have windchill temperatures down to -35...

Keeps the riff-raff out!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2006, 04:25:41 PM »

TOTD:

I love Fettuccini Alfredo with chicken!! I also like Garlic bread to go with it..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2006, 04:36:25 PM »

I got this recipe from the store's weekly flier - I was looking for a quick-fix dinner for one of our late nites, and it turned out to be pretty good.

CHICKEN WITH CHEESE TORTELLINI

Cut 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.

Bring a pasta pot filled with hot water up to a boil.  Cook a 9 oz. package of 3-cheese tortellini in said water, according to package instructions.

Meanwhile, pour a 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes into a large skillet (the type with Italian herbs and such works well), add the chicken bites and 1 T. minced garlic, and cook, covered, over medium heat, about 8 minutes.  

Add a 6 oz. bag baby spinach to the skillet, cook another 3 minutes (or until the spinach is wilted), then mix in the cooked tortellini and serve.  Preferably with freshly grated Parmesan sprinkled on top.  (And not that cr@# from the green can, which tastes terrible - if you don't know how to grate real Parmesan from a large chunk, get an Italian boyfriend to show you how.)

I just may have to try this....

I have a recipe my freind Karina sent me from Australia... It is called Apricot Chicken Breats and it is made rice and apricots...

It is excellent. I dont have the recipe handy to post it...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2006, 04:39:10 PM »

My workplace does not get Presidents' Day off, but we get 8 hours of comp time, which we can use at our discretion.  The cool thing is that this coming Monday is my regular day off (because I work the following Saturday), so it feels like real gravy when I get those comp hours!

I get monday off but I have to work Sunday.... Strange I know...

I suspect Sunday will be really quiet for the kids will be enjoying a three day weekend.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2006, 04:42:40 PM »

The Vixter loved Hairspray.

DR Vixmom, Vixster has great taste....

I got to see a touring show of that musical and it is great!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2006, 04:42:54 PM »

Obsessed with Mr. Spacey, eh!

;)

Not in the least.  I know too much and care too little about his publicity games.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2006, 04:45:51 PM »

I just got in and turned on the tv for company.  My God, is the dreadful DAYS OF OUR LIVES shrill today; it should be retitled "Too Many Hysteric Bitches In Front of A Camera."  And now there's this impotent man wailing.  Too noisy.  After this, the inanities of PASSIONS will be a comfort.

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DR Elmore if you only know how many Days viewers would love this remark....

You are so accurate in what the show has become!!!

(((DR Elmoore)))

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2006, 04:49:07 PM »

My home-made lasagna! (okay, it's really just "assembled"...I make it with a sauce mix) ;D But it's pretty darned good.

When's dinner???  It sounds good George!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2006, 04:50:17 PM »

DR George - I think I have this recipe at home.  It's what I use to make what's fondly referred to in our household as "Tuna Glop."  You start with a blue box of Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese, prepare as directed with a little extra milk, add a can of cream of celery OR mushroom OR chicken soup and a choice of meats - tuna, chicken, cut-up hotdogs, etc.  My favorite combo is cream of celery soup, tuna, and a can of mushrooms.  Bake at 325 for about half an hour.  Great comfort food, with peas on the side and corn muffins.

soundsl almost like my once around the kitchen creation...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »

Didn't this guy die about three weeks ago?!?  Why is it taking so long to bury people these days?

It took Days of our lives two months!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2006, 04:57:02 PM »

Thanks for the spoiler alert on the Olympics. I do appreciate it at least before it's aired for the first time.

I know the winner of the men's skating will be at the end, but the way the coverage goes, there very well may be some skating early in the show and in the middle of the show as well.

I'll just keep checking that "last" button on my remote

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2006, 04:58:21 PM »

Dakota - your cold weather has made it's way here. The high either tomorrow or the next day will be zero or even below

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2006, 04:59:55 PM »

Well they are starting the coverage with skating. I enjoy watching the ones who aren't in the running as well. Plus with the new scoring, you can actually win with out getting first secord or third in the short program

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »

As DR Jose would say ....laters

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2006, 05:03:09 PM »

Tornado watch for Indiana tonight.

It is hte middle of February???

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2006, 05:06:10 PM »

Dakota - your cold weather has made it's way here. The high either tomorrow or the next day will be zero or even below

Glad we could share  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2006, 05:16:46 PM »

NBC is showing a lot of skaters that aren't near the top of the standings. I like that.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2006, 05:16:58 PM »

According to the news, the weather will drop tomorrow here as well.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2006, 05:35:39 PM »

DR JANE - did you ever get BONJOUR TRISTESSE from Netflix?  I forget what you said about it, if you did.

It is number 23 on our queue.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »

His son is now the richest man in Australia. We do not have "Death" taxes.

Good for you.  

Jane

« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2006, 06:01:18 PM »

JRand, good no tornado vibes.

Warm vibes for DakokaCelt and everyone else who needs them.

Michael

« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2006, 06:32:57 PM »

First I want to thank those that wrote and express concern over my absence.

Work has been keeping very busy and family concerns as well as also occupied a lot of my other free time.

So bear with me and I should be back soon.

Thanks

Michael
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2006, 06:42:48 PM »

Hi Michael.  It is nice to see you.   Good family and work vibes.

Jed

« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2006, 06:43:18 PM »

Oh boy, will she be jealous!!

BTW she thought the funniest line in the whole show was

"No! This is not her father!!"

(Which she spent a good part of last night intoning, each time immediately followed by her creasing up and falling to the floor and rolling around laughing..... ah  12's going on 13......)

I'm particularly fond of "Hold Mommy's waffles" (ala Harvey, anyway).
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »

Shayne, good to see you back where you belong.  We understand work and family, but you have family here, too, so keep us posted and take solace from your compatriots.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up