Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SQUASH  (Read 11915 times)

Cillaliz

Re: SQUASH
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2011, 07:08:03 PM »

Cilla, regarding yesterday's discussion, you really need to find someone who will make sure that your wishes are followed to the letter to your three babies.  MY friends Sharry and Michael are not really cat people; in fact they have four large dogs (2 Saints, a Bernise, and one something else), but they know how important Nicky is to me.  I really care less about my possessions especially after I die; but it would kill me (bad pun) to see anything terrible happen to Nick.  You really need to find someone that you can trust, and make sure that it iis all spelled out in your will.

I know

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

The nerve of me telling a lawyer about legal matters.   ;D

Yeah, well I don't have a will, so you should lecture me.   I just can't decide what I want to do with whatever is left when I'm gone.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »

Sometimes the will is not looked at until some time later. You might want to also write out your wishes regarding your pets and put it with your living will or other important papers where it will be found right away. It may not be a LEGAL document, but at least whoever is around when someone needs to make a decision about your pets would find it. Did that make sense?

Yup.

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »

I HAVE BEEN RELEASED!!!!

from the subpoena that is...yeah I'm really glad

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »

No one wanted to see it happen, Jane. (Another neighbor kept the dog, I believe.)

Did you see the news video of the dog holding vigil at his mistress's grave.  I believe it was in Argentina.  Or maybe it was Phoenix?

No but it sounds like the movie "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" based on a true story.

Laura

« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »

The nerve of me telling a lawyer about legal matters.   ;D

Yeah, well I don't have a will, so you should lecture me.   I just can't decide what I want to do with whatever is left when I'm gone.

When we went to do wills, we were told we didn't have enough stuff to need one. Sad.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »

Huzzah, Cillaliz!

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2011, 07:50:48 PM »

Thanks.  It was about 4:30 when they called me and it was snowing on top of the icy roads and single digit temps.  I was very happy that I didn't have to do the 5 hour round trip in the car tomorrow.  I would have had to leave at 6:30 am, yuck

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »

Last night I had a hard time getting to sleep....then at 1:30am....1:30 am....a guy came with a blade on a truck...a very noisy truck, and tool about 1/2 hour clearing my neighbors very short driveway.   I'll admit I finally yelled out the door, that people were trying to sleep... I'm sure he didn't hear me, but I felt better, although I didn't get to sleep for a couple more hours

Laura

« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »

1:30 a.m.?? That's crazy!

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »

1:30 a.m.?? That's crazy!

I KNOW!!!  I realize these guys have been working nonstop, but there is no reason that he needed to do it at 1:30 am

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »

keep falling asleep

goodnight
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »

Oh TOD - Sports - I like to play volleyball. Never played in school other than PE but did play intramural in law school.  I like to bowl. I even have a bowling trophy for being on a team that won our league. I also got most improved that year, haven't played in a while, but would like to again.  I like to watch college football and basketball, although I'm not as into it as I used to be.  Don't care about pro sports.  I enjoy baseball once in a while, but get a little bored watching it.   When I was in elementary school I was the only girl who played kickball at recess.  I was pretty good too!   

I started playing basketball in jr high and started track too, but I strained both of my ankles and pretty much gave up on school sports after that.  I was in pep band though and really loved being outside at the football games.  My favorite basketball was when I played in the Women's Basketball Band at KU.  It was really fun to watch them play

I liked speed ball in pe, it was like soccer, which I also enjoyed.   Never was into tennis or golf but have tried both of them.  I like sports on the Wii. 

Think that about does it

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »

It would be fun to find a bowling league again.  I should check it out.  The only problem is the season is REALLY long, usually September to May, too long to do something once a week.

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:27 PM »

Growing up we used to shoot baskets in the driveway, I loved playing around the world and horse

Laura

« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »

My DH enjoyed the Atlanta weather reports and the synchronized swimming videos.

Laura

« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2011, 08:57:10 PM »

I do not play sports. Of any kind.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »

Good Evening!

So...

Over the past couple of hours...

Hot Chocolate (Dark Chocolate)
Pretzel Croissant

Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie
Root Beer Float Cookie

Sour Thai Sausage
Salted-Fish Fried Rice
Fried Morning Glory (Watercress) Seafood Salad
Fried Basil and Chicken
Roast Pork with "Gravy"

Hot Fudge Sundae (One scoop of Coffee Chip, one scoop of Raspberry)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »

I get a little kick out of watching the Amazon sales rankings spike on some of these lesser known titles I review.  I just reviewed a nice Harmonia Mundi release of the lesser known Gounod opera Mireille, and the sales rank went from 143,134, to around 15K after the review.  Of course that probably means 2 people bought it LOL.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »

My DH enjoyed the Atlanta weather reports and the synchronized swimming videos.

:D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Charles E. Pogue! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:22 PM »

The funniest weather report I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N1Im1xbjWQ

This is very funny!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »

Joshie is feeling much better today. Maybe the antibiotic is making the mouth ulcers heal. Or maybe the biopsy spot has healed. He is really liking the canned food.

Wonderful news!!! :D

It's probably temporary. But I'm glad he's feeling better.

~~~Continued Vibes for DC Joshie!!~~~

Laura

« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2011, 09:47:15 PM »

Thanks, George.

George

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »

I have been up since nine-thirty and inundated with stuff I'd really not rather be dealing with.  I did some futzing and fixing and have managed to write a whole half page because every two seconds I am interrupted by people.  Like just now.  Singers are coming by, our rehearsal schedule for next week is now turning difficult thanks to Tuesday being Juliana's birthday and her being out of town that day - she, of course, thinks it's simple for her to come on Monday or Wednesday, but that requires the MD to come as well, and she's doing two duets so that screws up her singing partner's rehearsal.  And I will not allow only one rehearsal - that's what happened on the first two Gardenia shows and it totally does not work.  We'll see how it all plays out.

Best news is that not only will Richard Sherman be at the show, but he's now our special guest star and will be singing Feed The Birds.

Nice! 

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2011, 10:05:22 PM »

Hi   ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Laura

« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »

Hi Sam.

George

« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:49 PM »

Hello, Sam. :)

George

« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »

Learned a little while ago that one of my best friends had a heart attack earlier today. He lives in Connecticut and I was hoping to see him when I went to Saratoga Springs in February. I hope can. His wife posted on Facebook that he was having an angiogram today. Don't know any more.

~~~Get Well Quickly Vibes for DR John G.'s Friend!!~~~

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2011, 10:07:43 PM »

Untill I get used to the new year being overwhelming in my head, i'll be a little absent in posting and keeping up during the week.  

Sending mega vibes and happiness to everyone.

:)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up