Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXY BUILDUP  (Read 28946 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WAXY BUILDUP
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

Larry, if your story of getting stuck in Tom’s driveway was a scene out of a movie it could be very funny.  I fear he continues to exhibits shades of my sister’s behavior.  I pray he never goes that far, and he did apologize.

Cilla is correct, getting stuck could have happened to anyone.  I think you were just humiliated because it happened at your brother’s house, boy do I know what that feels like.  Did you ever tell him why you pulled into the driveway?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2007, 06:46:05 PM »

DR RLP - I am very happy for your entry into the HD AGE....I will follow eventually.

Don't wait too long.

And HURRY! It's lovely "up" here!

Watched "South Pacific" this afternoon. GASP!  It's like I'd never seen it before.

I was even bedazzled by the color filters, so glorious was the photography.  The detail is amazing.

Why on earth did I ever think watching letterboxed films on my 19" Sony was sufficient?

I'm looking forward to tonight's broadcast of "Ghost Whisperer".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »

DR Elmore:  You are in inspiration to all of us for your aplomb and openness about your father's passing.

Do give yourself so private time, if you can find any.  You need to process, even though you've been expecting this for some time.

As for the MacBeth's: F**k 'em!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 06:52:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2007, 06:47:57 PM »

DR RLP, sounds like you are having a fabulous time with your HD.  Congrats

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2007, 06:48:12 PM »

Now that page 8 is a done deal, dare I suggest that page 9 is a certainty to follow?

MBarnum

« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2007, 06:49:54 PM »

BK, now that you are going through another Ozu period, have you come across this film?

It arrived in my mailbox today. One of his films from the 1930s.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »

DR RLP, sounds like you are having a fabulous time with your HD.  Congrats

Thanks, Cilla!

I have so many films I want to watch on this screen I hardly know where to begin.  I had been impressed, however, with the way "South Pacific" looked in its remastered form on the recent DVD issue and craved to know whether I'd be blown away seeing it on a larger plasma screen.

I was.  I urge everyone who has toyed with the idea to go ahead and take the plunge.  It's so TOTALLY worth it!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »

BK, now that you are going through another Ozu period, have you come across this film?

It arrived in my mailbox today. One of his films from the 1930s.

What a strange title.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #218 on: February 16, 2007, 06:52:41 PM »

This afternoon I looked outside my window at the office, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: February 16, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »

FJL-I'm sorry about your neighbor.  46 is too young.

Jane

« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »

PLAN FROM PLANET X ARRIVED TODAY!!!

Jane

« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2007, 06:58:53 PM »

Cillaliz-Congrats on the new office computer!

Edi-Thank you for the wonderful bio, so many wonderful songs.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2007, 07:00:12 PM »

Hit songwriter Ray Evans dies at 92
Evans, whose wife died in 2003, is survived by his sister, Doris Feinberg.

Thank you, EDI.

Ginny

« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2007, 07:07:59 PM »

DR Elmore - maybe your brother would like to come and yell at whoever abandoned their H-U-G-E van in the snowbank right in front of our house.  It's been there since Tuesday morning and I'm about to call the non-emergency police number to see if they can find out who it belongs to.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2007, 07:08:06 PM »

About to finish listening to Act 1 of The brain from planet. Brings back fond memories of the show. I tried to post a review on Amazon but because its in preorder I don't think we are allowed. But its a gas!
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2007, 07:11:13 PM »

Larry, if your story of getting stuck in Tom’s driveway was a scene out of a movie it could be very funny.  I fear he continues to exhibits shades of my sister’s behavior.  I pray he never goes that far, and he did apologize.

Cilla is correct, getting stuck could have happened to anyone.  I think you were just humiliated because it happened at your brother’s house, boy do I know what that feels like.  Did you ever tell him why you pulled into the driveway?

I did tell him when he came out to see why I was stuck.  It's Lady M who's a moron.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:13:09 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2007, 07:19:25 PM »

elmore-LOL.  So were they black streamers?

Jane

« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2007, 07:21:24 PM »

DRLaura-I miss having a bird feeder by the window.  We had to remove ours as the birds were flying into the window, it was terrible.  They still hit the windows, just not as often.

'night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2007, 07:24:48 PM »

DR Elmore:  You are in inspiration to all of us for your aplomb and openness about your father's passing.

Do give yourself so private time, if you can find any.  You need to process, even though you've been expecting this for some time.

As for the MacBeth's: F**k 'em!

DR RonPulliam, that was very sweet.  Thank you.  I never was certain whether Iwas guilty of TMI, but it was what was occupying my days.  I had been dragging you all along with me from the surgery and diagnosis last March/April, and it seemed natural, since everyone was so kind and supportive, to continue the saga to its conclusion.

Believe me, as soon as this estate is pulled together and I can get back to NYC, I'm going into hiding for a self-indulgent week of DVDs, reading, and CDs.  I've also been thinking about a piece I want to write for my dad, so I need to do a bit of choral networking to see if any chorus is interested in premiering it when it's finished.

your raving about SOUTH PACIFIC - a film I always loved - makes me want to see it again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2007, 07:27:36 PM »

elmore-LOL.  So were they black streamers?

I still have no idea what the hell is hanging from their postbox!  Sure caught my attention, though!

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »

DR Elmore - maybe your brother would like to come and yell at whoever abandoned their H-U-G-E van in the snowbank right in front of our house.  It's been there since Tuesday morning and I'm about to call the non-emergency police number to see if they can find out who it belongs to.

Can you have it towed  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2007, 07:52:49 PM »

I still have no idea what the hell is hanging from their postbox!  Sure caught my attention, though!

You'll have to drive by again and take a look  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2007, 07:56:02 PM »

Well the weather outside is frightful, but it's supposed to get better by morning. I'm going to wait until noonish or later to head up to my parents' house. Then we're joining my brother's entire family for dinner before going to the theater to see Samantha in Little Shop of Horrors. Should be lots of fun

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2007, 07:56:24 PM »

FJL, Sorry about your neighbor.

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2007, 07:57:56 PM »

Cillaliz-Congrats on the new office computer!

Thanks Jane, this makes is so much easier to start getting the software I need for my practice

Tomovoz

« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2007, 08:07:48 PM »

46 is so very young. How very sad.  I love the Steel Pier recording and Mr McDonald's performance of the songs.  Thank you for letting us know DR FJL.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »

PLAN FROM PLANET X ARRIVED TODAY!!!

Plan from Brain X arrived in my mailbox! We're listening to it now!

Larry, your arrangements are awesome---I know I keep saying this but one cannot say it enough!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2007, 08:20:27 PM »

I must say that when I'm working on The Brain, it appears on the monitors in the machine room. The boys seem to be quite fascinated with Alet, and no wonder!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »

Ray Evans seems to have had a fascination with Jose. In '46, he wrote HEY, JOSE, and the following year, HO HO JOSE.

DR Jose, is there something you'd like to tell us? :-)

Edisaurus

« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »

DR FJL, that's quite sad...and he was half Ray Evan's age. Too young!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up