Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TILT-A-WHIRL  (Read 97495 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:TILT-A-WHIRL
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:07 PM »

Supposedly her LA agent pulled a bunch of strings to get her in the audition there...and it is, in her words, "one of the biggest auditions of [her] life."
She wasn't at the meeting and they officially announced that Jennifer is in, so I have no idea - all we heard were the after-effects.  

Well, tell her to have her LA agent to call Tara's office to inform them that his client is currently in NYC.  Of course, if she already has her plane ticket, well...

*I'll be seeing Tara tomorrow, so maybe I could ask... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:24 PM »

Good luck Cason!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2007, 09:48:01 PM »

Well, we are 99.9% sure that "Bukowsical!" is going to be extended (possibly 3 shows - one on Sunday, two on Monday) - the Fringe people wanted to make sure the cast could do it, and additionally they just wanted to get their ducks in a row.

Nadia, one of our women, has to be back in LA for a big "Jersey Boys" audition on Monday, so she is not going to be able to do it - so Jennifer, our female understudy will get to step in there.

Matt, one of our guys, has been MIA all day.  They called and texted and e-mailed him about the meeting, but they never heard from him - and upon further investigation, his roommates have also been looking for him all day.  So, we'll see if he is/isn't dying in a gutter somewhere and if he is/isn't going to be able to do it.  

Should he not be able to, obviously I'll go in for him in those last three shows - and even if he stays, they are going to give me one performance in place of Ian, one of our other guys.  The only thing is we aren't sure which performance that might be.  

So - that's the latest and greatest here at "Bukowsical!"

What about Lauren?
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Jason

« Reply #423 on: August 16, 2007, 09:48:05 PM »

Hi, all...

The meeting went well. I will not be going out on tour with either A CHORUS LINE or THE DROWSY CHAPERONE, per my choice, though the big bosses were really hoping I'd go out on the road with DROWSY.

Still, I aired a lot of my grievances and concerns...expressed my displeasure at the idea of continuing to pick up double shifts on my one day off...told them I was sick of the moldy carpets and roaches at my theatre...and told them how I wished I could make commission more than once every four months. I can't really tell you how those concerns will be addressed and corrected, but at least they're off my chest and I still have a job here in New York.

And the big boss told me to take a day off. I think I'll do that very soon.

Thank you all for the good vibes. That meeting had me a little rattled before I went in, so that it went so smoothly was a huge relief for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #424 on: August 16, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »

LA TIMES(An ASSOCIATED PRESS link)

No problem cat-people: just keep your cats off of the rugs, furniture, beds, and electronic equipment!

Good Luck.

der Brucer

From experience.... Cats have a mind of their own....

A cat I had one time had a fascination with my printer and everytime you tried to print it would try and catch the printer cartridge
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #425 on: August 16, 2007, 09:49:52 PM »

I thought the Equity rule about extending performances both at Fringe and NYMF was two performances.  Maybe it's changed.  

Jason

« Reply #426 on: August 16, 2007, 09:50:35 PM »

DR Cason: Wonderful news about BUKOWSICAL! Congrats! Especially if you're guaranteed a performance! Wahoo! I'm using a lot of exclamation points!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #427 on: August 16, 2007, 09:50:37 PM »

Had a wonderful work session/dinner with Mr. Wechter, and spent two minutes venting about a person we know and a work situation - he'll deal with it in one way or another in about four weeks.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #428 on: August 16, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »

Well, tell her to have her LA agent to call Tara's office to inform them that his client is currently in NYC.  Of course, if she already has her plane ticket, well...

*I'll be seeing Tara tomorrow, so maybe I could ask... ;)

I figure if she really wanted to be here, she would have tried a little harder.
Am I wrong?
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #429 on: August 16, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »

DR Singdaw, my condolences to the family of your co-worker

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #430 on: August 16, 2007, 09:51:46 PM »

What about Lauren?

Lauren will be here -- she managed to get any shifts she had for the time covered - and she is flying out on Tuesday.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #431 on: August 16, 2007, 09:52:20 PM »

I thought the Equity rule about extending performances both at Fringe and NYMF was two performances.  Maybe it's changed.  

I have no idea -- it's all about money, and as long as they can squeeze some out, I'm sure they'll do what they want.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #432 on: August 16, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »

Bukowsical's reviews have been split down the middle - Talkin' Broadway liked it (which, knowing their reviewer as I do, surpised me), some online site liked it, but I've never heard of them, but Time Out New York didn't care for it, and American Theatre Web was very mixed as well.  Haven't seen any others.  Still, an extension is nice and a nice vote of confidence.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #433 on: August 16, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »

DR Cason: Wonderful news about BUKOWSICAL! Congrats! Especially if you're guaranteed a performance! Wahoo! I'm using a lot of exclamation points!

Why thank you sir!  I'm still just kind of waiting for the signatures on the dotted line before I believe anything.

François

« Reply #434 on: August 16, 2007, 09:54:14 PM »

From experience.... Cats have a mind of their own....

Cats have personality... contrary to other pets, humans can't control them!

That's how SMART they are! :D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #435 on: August 16, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »

Tonight, I do hope to finally get to CALIFORNICATION. I'll also have today's AS THE WORLD TURNS to scan through (the gay character was in yesterday's previews, so I assume he's on today.)

Matt, did you see the storyline back in the early 1990s on OLTL? I believe they also had a gay storyline.

I know both GH and OLTL have had an aids storyline.

Jason

« Reply #436 on: August 16, 2007, 09:55:10 PM »

After my meeting with the bosses, I treated myself to a loverly lunch at Macy's: a grilled chicken caesar salad and Diet Coke, followed by a small bag of the CaramelCrisp popcorn from Garrett's. I then bought myself some new socks and underwear. Size? SMALL!

Following my shopping spree, I went to my Weight Watcher's meeting, where I found out that I've lost another 2.2 lbs., which puts me into a weight category that I honestly can't remember ever being in, which makes me very happy.

During the meeting, one lady raised her hand and announced that she had to leave early, but before she left she wanted to say that she'd been glancing over at me throughout the meeting and wanted to let me know that she thought I looked "fierce" and that she couldn't believe how different I looked from when I started six months ago. That made me feel really good, if not a bit embarrassed.

To give you a visual of how much I've lost, here's a copy of my Weight Loss Progress Chart from the Weight Watcher's website:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:55:57 PM by Jason »

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #437 on: August 16, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »

Bukowsical's reviews have been split down the middle - Talkin' Broadway liked it (which, knowing their reviewer as I do, surpised me), some online site liked it, but I've never heard of them, but Time Out New York didn't care for it, and American Theatre Web was very mixed as well.  Haven't seen any others.  Still, an extension is nice and a nice vote of confidence.

Yeah - the creative was saying that tonight -- the only real problem any reviewers have had is the "concept."  But in the end, reviews are reviews - and if you are selling tickets and people are enjoying it and you're making money - that's what is really the draw for longevity.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #438 on: August 16, 2007, 09:58:01 PM »

Cats have personality... contrary to other pets, humans can't control them!

That's how SMART they are! :D

I agree...

I Had a Norwegian Wood (it is almost as large as the Maine Coon) that had it in for a guy I was dating at hte time... That was the only person he would literally attempt to attack. I was a perfect gentleman and loved kisses and being petted from everyone else.

Oddly maybe Spades sensed something about the guy that took me much later to realize. He was a creep and nearly knocked my head in one night when he flipped out on prescription drugs. I dropped him like a hot potatoe. This was a guy I dated in the late 1990s.

François

« Reply #439 on: August 16, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »

I thought i would share a piece of Hollywood with everyone. Here is the memorial to Merv Griffin on the walk of fame.

Oh!  P L E A S E !!

If Merv is not overjoyed... it's that he's REALLY dead!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2007, 09:59:57 PM »

After my meeting with the bosses, I treated myself to a loverly lunch at Macy's: a grilled chicken caesar salad and Diet Coke, followed by a small bag of the CaramelCrisp popcorn from Garrett's. I then bought myself some new socks and underwear. Size? SMALL!

Following my shopping spree, I went to my Weight Watcher's meeting, where I found out that I've lost another 2.2 lbs., which puts me into a weight category that I honestly can't remember ever being in, which makes me very happy.

During the meeting, one lady raised her hand and announced that she had to leave early, but before she left she wanted to say that she'd been glancing over at me throughout the meeting and wanted to let me know that she thought I looked "fierce" and that she couldn't believe how different I looked from when I started six months ago. That made me feel really good, if not a bit embarrassed.

To give you a visual of how much I've lost, here's a copy of my Weight Loss Progress Chart from the Weight Watcher's website:

congrats and keep up the good work! I hope you realize your goal with great success!

I will be glad when I go back to my normal work hours and I can put my eating schedule back to normal. I prefer eating my bigger meal before I go to work instead of after.

Jason

« Reply #441 on: August 16, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »

DR Cason: DR Jose and I might get together for a motion picture event or some such diversion tomorrow if he gets out his auditions early enough in the afternoon... We'll give you a call, if you'd like...assuming you're free. I mean, you might have to run to New Jersey for a toothbrush or something. ;)

Have some monkeycake...!

François

« Reply #442 on: August 16, 2007, 10:00:16 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS but the CaramelCrisp popcorn crap (Errr... junkfood!) was NOT necessary at all! ;)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #443 on: August 16, 2007, 10:02:38 PM »

Yeah - the creative was saying that tonight -- the only real problem any reviewers have had is the "concept."  But in the end, reviews are reviews - and if you are selling tickets and people are enjoying it and you're making money - that's what is really the draw for longevity.

Not to say anything about your show in particular, but what you say is true...Look at
"The Perfect Crime" across the street from TKTS...It was HORRRIBLE, yet sells out everyday to the tourists and has been running for years.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Jason

« Reply #444 on: August 16, 2007, 10:02:44 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS but the CaramelCrisp popcorn crap (Errr... junkfood!) was NOT necessary at all! ;)

It's not about necessary... We all need treats every now and then...even those of us who are watching our waistlines. :)

And caramel popcorn is a better choice than cake or pie, believe it or not...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #445 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:21 PM »

DR Cason: DR Jose and I might get together for a motion picture event or some such diversion tomorrow if he gets out his auditions early enough in the afternoon... We'll give you a call, if you'd like...assuming you're free. I mean, you might have to run to New Jersey for a toothbrush or something. ;)

Have some monkeycake...!

We have our show at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon - but I should be all done around 5ish.  Is that too late?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #446 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:39 PM »

Not to say anything about your show in particular, but what you say is true...Look at
"The Perfect Crime" across the street from TKTS...It was HORRRIBLE, yet sells out everyday to the tourists and has been running for years.

Go figure?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #447 on: August 16, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »

François

« Reply #448 on: August 16, 2007, 10:06:54 PM »

It's not about necessary... We all need treats every now and then...even those of us who are watching our waistlines. :)

And caramel popcorn is a better choice than cake or pie, believe it or not...

I believe it, I believe it! (I can't stand popcorn! The smell of it! The other day I had to change seat at the movies because of other guests munching on "smelly" popcorn! You had to know that!)

Well, I need treats;.. all the time, so I should know! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #449 on: August 16, 2007, 10:07:47 PM »

The young woman who dressed Sherlock up as Sherlock Holmes has done it again.  This time she included her massive Bernese Mountain Dog.  He makes our big boy look very small. ;D

Cute picture!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up