Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: VISUAL STYLE  (Read 20299 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
VISUAL STYLE
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:15:41 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were visual and had style, and now it is time for you to post until the visual cows come home. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: VISUAL STYLE
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: ASSOIL!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »

And the word of the day is: ASSOIL!

Umm...that's a real word??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:41:05 AM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 12:53:42 AM »

Good morning from Montreal. I haven't seen leaves changing in a long time. I forgot how beautiful it was.
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 01:25:34 AM »

George is ushering "Something"

It was a benefit...and there were about 650 people in the audience.  They loved the show.  I listened to it in the lobby as I read my Kindle.  I'm reading the Complete Wizard of Oz Collection.  I'd never read any of them before, so it's very enlightening.  The movie is obviously based on the first one, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," but is very different...actually, the movie is very different than the original book.  The Wicked Witch of the West is referred to but doesn't actually appear until more than half way through.  But it's a quick read.  So far just last night, I'd read 14 of the 24 chapters.

George

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 01:29:20 AM »

Today, I'm working concessions for an early matinee of a local production of "Go Dog Go," by Olympia Family Theater.  They're the group that put on "Goodnight Moon," earlier this year.  I worked the sound board for that.  I'm sure that it'll be delightful.

George

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »

After that, I'll go to my parents' for a family dinner.  It'll be kind of a long day, but fun.

Have a good day, all!

FJL

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 04:54:48 AM »

Hi all.  I'm  trying to ketchup very little by very little.   But I'll get there.

Ginny

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 05:06:22 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  I guess going to sleep at 10:30 is why I woke up a little after 7 this morning...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 05:15:58 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 05:16:56 AM »

George is ushering "Something"

It was a benefit...and there were about 650 people in the audience.  They loved the show.  I listened to it in the lobby as I read my Kindle.  I'm reading the Complete Wizard of Oz Collection.  I'd never read any of them before, so it's very enlightening.  The movie is obviously based on the first one, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," but is very different...actually, the movie is very different than the original book.  The Wicked Witch of the West is referred to but doesn't actually appear until more than half way through.  But it's a quick read.  So far just last night, I'd read 14 of the 24 chapters.

Loved that series when I was a kid, especially the first book. And I was kinda bummed at the ending of the movie, because it wasn't just a dream. Even at 8 or 9, I knew that was a cop out.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 06:21:56 AM »

Good morning.

Now, I'm off to do a panel for the Austin Film Festival.

Later....
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 06:40:24 AM »

Have fun DR DRUXY!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 06:41:16 AM »

DR GINNY has returned home!

DR CHAS SMITH is still in the city of the angels.

DR MATTHEW is across the bridge.

I'm glad I didn't come to HHW this morning before I went to buy my newspaper, otherwise I would have come home with a box of donuts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:39 AM »

Today is the Annual Meeting of Putnam County Playhouse.  All of the committee members have to present their year end report, which I will be writing for the Promotions Committee in a few minutes.

I have been excused from rehearsal this evening since I only have the ONE LINE in Act Two.......which is nice.

Next Sunday night the Cryers will be in town, so we will be doing the show for them before they are folded into the fold.

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 06:44:38 AM »

I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »

Good morning, all! I am sleeping poorly these days: my right shoulder joint is givng me a lot of pain and sleeping is difficilt because I am uncomfortable. I have no plans for today, so I slept in. If this discomfort continues, I'll call my doctor about going back to physical therapy.

So, today, I'm going to listen to a British musical I've never heard, CHU CHIN CHOW, and watch some DVDs. If I can locate my heating pad, I'll apply it to my shoulder and see if that helps.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 07:42:12 AM »

DR George, if you've ever read the 1902versionof THE WIZARD OF OZ, you'll be glad that the MGM film stays as close to the original book as it does. I had a copy of the published screenplay, and the early drafts for OZ, like the 1902 musical version, played fast and loose with the book's plot.

I've only read the first three OZ books. I loved THE LAND OF OZ, which I read quite often in grade school, and I really like the film RETURN TO OZ.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 08:11:31 AM »

Good morning from the nation's capital.  Canada, that is.  It's amazing how quiet the airport is on a Sunday morning!

KevinH

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 08:13:42 AM »

I think Ms. Streisand's concert last night was the best so far, though he second performance in Brooklyn came close. 

In the last two shows she did a duet with her sister, Roslyn Kind, who has longed to sing with her on stage. They did the Judy Garland/Barbra duet of Get Happy/Happy Days Are Here Again, with Roz doing Judy's song.   It was great, but of course not like the original.

KevinH

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 08:14:54 AM »

Barbra's son, Jason Gould, apparently discovered (at the age of 45) that he can sing!  He really can!  He does a duet with his mother of "How Deep is the Ocean" and performs "This Masquerade" solo.

KevinH

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 08:16:53 AM »

Waiting for my flight to Toronto on Porter Airlines, which I had never heard of till I booked the flight.  They fly to Toronto's City Airport, which is much closer to downtown than Pearson.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »

Good morning, all.

Going out or a last drive before turning this car in and submitting to Group Activities.   Will seek out something yummy to eat, too.  This might involve a donut.

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »

Later!

John G.

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »

The new Criterion set of the movie Lonesome has, among it extras, a film version of George Abbott's Broadway, which had been lost for ages. Apparently, this is a put-together between the silent version of the play and the talkie.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »

No posts in an hour?

Where is everybody?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I was up at ten but refused to get out of bed.  I finally got out of bed because I knew there'd be so many posts to read.  Apparently I was wrong.

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 11:08:20 AM »

I've been getting cleaned up, reading the paper, and emptying the dishwasher.  Now I'm watching the Cleveland/Indianapolis football game, mostly to see the stadium.  The conference special event Thursday evening was Jersey & Jeans, a tailgate party at Lucas Oil Stadium that included tours of the facility.  Even though I have a cute new Michigan shirt that I could have worn, I thought the price was too high and didn't attend.  I told my conference roommate, who is a national board member and went to the event in her Buckeyes sweatshirt, that if it had been $35 I might have gone, but $55 was out of line.  Especially for hot dogs and nachos.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 11:29:06 AM »

I took a nap.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up