Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RIBS ON FRIDAY  (Read 21600 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: RIBS ON FRIDAY
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »

DR Jed,

Jane

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »

I am thinking maybe her former owners got a new dog and that's when she was given the heave ho.....
>:(

Jane

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »

Mom just called, sounding way more chipper than I feel...

LOL :)

Jane

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »

MBarnum, the Indian food at lunch let me to watch Monsoon Wedding again last night. Great movie. Definitely not Bollywood, more like a Punjabi Robert Altman.

For some reason I just couldn't get into Monsoon Wedding. I might have to give it another try one day.

I am eager to see THE LIFE OF PI, which has a cast of Bollywood actors in it, although I think (?) it is a British film.

Watching the previews for this last night I noticed it is "based" on the book.  I'm expecting a number of changes, which is fine with me.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »

Jane

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »

The things one learns from FB.  Tom Skerritt is currently at our Medford airport.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »

I think I'm starting to feel better. I wonder if the mild temperatures have anything to do with it.  Today it is almost 70F. Hurray!

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »

I am worried about Halloween. It is supposed to be very rainy next week. I really hope it can be mild and not raining at 6pm on Halloween.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »

The title of notes makes me want ribs too. I love ribs!

Jane

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2012, 11:13:24 AM »

I think I'm starting to feel better. I wonder if the mild temperatures have anything to do with it.  Today it is almost 70F. Hurray!

It rained last night and is damp today.  I definitely don't feel as good as I did yesterday.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2012, 11:14:01 AM »

I am worried about Halloween. It is supposed to be very rainy next week. I really hope it can be mild and not raining at 6pm on Halloween.

Vibes the weather is nice!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »

Matt's here???

He's part of the HTF contingent.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »

Matt's here???

? ? ? ?

The Home Theater Forum is a website where DVDs and Blu-ray discs are reviewed.  Former DR MattH is one of their reviewers.   HTF has a contingent of site owners/moderators/reviewers in the LA area all this week for meetings with reps of studios who produce the product they review.  This evening, Nick Redman will meet with them to discuss Twilight Time.  The itinerary, according to the site, has been filled with meetings, presentations, trips, dinners, etc.  This also included a day at Disneyland.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »

DR JOHNG are you buying a MAC or will you have the new Windows 8?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »

JRand, I'm getting a Toshiba with Windows Home Premium 7. It's about $425 plus all the taxes and everything. 4G of memory, film editing options, advanced photo equipment. And a good keyboard. THe keyboard is probably my favorite aspect of it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »

Remote control is fine again.  He switched "channels" - he felt that someone with nearby pool suddenly put their remote on our channel and it confused our remote.  It's all good. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »

Had a chicken, bacon, and avocado melt - very nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »

Now I must go to the mail place and then I have to visit an agent friend and then someone is coming over at two-thirty, then I have to call an actor to see if we can work out his schedule for Outside The Box.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »

Hello, everyone! I got to DC around 11:30 yesterday morning to discover that the Capitol Hill Suites at present have no business center with computer access. Since I didn't take my laptop, I couldn't check in on the HHW goings on. By 5:00 yesterday, I'd been through all of the cartons of music for ROBERTA in the Jerome Kern Collection, I photocopied two scores I needed for the files, the copyright libretto for the show titled GoWNS BY ROBERTA, and looked at the copyright libretto for JUBILEE, which included the cut songs "Waltz Down the Aisle" and "Yours" and was missing "Mrs & Mrs Smith," "Just One Of Those Things," and "Swing That Swing."

Then, librarian Loras Schissel and I hit a Mexican restaurant for a wonderful dnner and large margaritas. I got back to the hotel around 7:30, watched an episode of THE MENTALIST and passed out around 9pm.

This morning I looked at the show music files for CHEE-CHEE, ROBERTA (film songs) and GOWNS BY ROBERTA (Broadway songs), photocopied the five songs from CHEE-CHEE, said goodbye toeveryone nd got to Union Station around 10:30, exchanged my ticket for the 11:02 train to New York, and got home about an hour ago.

I got an email from New World Records enclosing a review. Nigel Simeone gave the Herbert songs a fantastic and intelligent review in the new issue of the International Record Review that shows how condescending and ridiculous Steve Suskin of Playbill.com and Richard Traubner of the American Record Guide are as reviewers and what a large amount of gall they have to consider themselves music critics.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:16:40 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »

Congrats on the review, Elmore. I'm hoping Santa brings Eileen this year for Christmas. It's on the list.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »

Very productive trip DR ELMORE.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »

JRand, I'm getting a Toshiba with Windows Home Premium 7. It's about $425 plus all the taxes and everything. 4G of memory, film editing options, advanced photo equipment. And a good keyboard. THe keyboard is probably my favorite aspect of it.

Ah very nice.  I noticed at WalMart today, there was only ONE computer on the shelves.....which usually happens when there is a turnover in the Windows OS.....and I haven't heard very good reports on Windows 8.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »

Now I must go to the mail place and then I have to visit an agent friend and then someone is coming over at two-thirty, then I have to call an actor to see if we can work out his schedule for Outside The Box.

Celebrity lives are very interesting.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »

Welcome home, DR Elmore!  I'm glad you're there before the weather gets bad...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »

No rehearsal tonight.  THE STARS are coming in on Sunday to watch a run thru.....and then they will be joining us next week for rehearsals, etc.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2012, 02:17:35 PM »

Matt's here???

? ? ? ?

The Home Theater Forum is a website where DVDs and Blu-ray discs are reviewed.  Former DR MattH is one of their reviewers.   HTF has a contingent of site owners/moderators/reviewers in the LA area all this week for meetings with reps of studios who produce the product they review.  This evening, Nick Redman will meet with them to discuss Twilight Time.  The itinerary, according to the site, has been filled with meetings, presentations, trips, dinners, etc.  This also included a day at Disneyland.

Is Matt really there or are you guessing he is?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to (former) DR Jed!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »

Today the mailman brought:

Rains of Ranchipur/7 Cities of Gold/Blue Angel
Johnny X
The Geisha Boy

all CD's from Kritzerland.

Also the Criterion Edition of Lonesome that DR JOHN G was talking about earlier......

I received all those CDs today, as well!  I also received (but from Amazon), the Blu-ray release of "Hysteria."  I can't wait to watch this and see Kim Criswell in action! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »

I’ve just received DIAL M FOR MURDER from Amazon.com but for the first time in years I got caught by Customs. Goods of a value over the equivalent of about $24 are subject to tax. The package value was $31.47 including postage so I was landed with an additional charge of about $19, most of which was the Post Office handling charge, making it a very expensive BD indeed. Annoyingly a few days after I ordered it, Warner Bros announced a UK release date of Nov 12. So there was no need to import it at all.   >:(

Interesting.  I don't think that I've EVER had to pay customs for anything that I've ordered on-line from out of the US.

George

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up