Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOR  (Read 32112 times)

Cillaliz

Re: GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOR
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »

Discovered this morning that the cat sitter ran the washer and dryer.  I can't figure out what she washed and dried unless it was the towels she certainly didn't wash my clothes.   i can tell because she used different settings than i use.  Bizarre

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »

Time to get ready for our concert.  We rehearse at 12:30, eat pizza at 1:30 and then the concert starts at 2:30.  Looking forward to it

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: TERATOID!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MONSTER MASH

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 11:20:30 AM »

The temperature has dropped and it's getting windy. I ran to the local drugstore and was amazed by the line waiting to check out. The place is generally empty.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:23:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »

I'm up and have been so since just before ten, but I just stayed in bed till now and now I'll go jog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »

The actual Annette house is across the street to the west - I'm the northeast corner house, she was the northwest corner house.  Her daughter lives across the street but is the southeast corner house.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »

~~~CALMER-THAN-PREDICTED-WEATHER VIBES FOR ANYONE ON OR NEAR THE EAST COAST!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »

From DR Cilla:
This is a great article by the judge I appear before a lot
http://www.thenation.com/article/170815/how-mandatory-minimums-forced-me-send-more-1000-nonviolent-drug-offenders-federal-pri

Interesting article.  Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »

DR TCB I hope your break from therapy makes you feel better.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »

DR Cilla I'm glad Boo isn't limping anymore.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »

From Bruce:
But the party across the street is going strong and the noise is quite obnoxious, but then so are the people who live there.  It would seem they did all this work on their house just so they could have this party.  In fact, the house was painted TODAY - I mean, the paint isn't even dry.

Be glad they had a set date all the work had to be completed by, and was completed.  Otherwise it would likely have taken a couple of more months to complete.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 12:25:23 PM »

The actual Annette house is across the street to the west - I'm the northeast corner house, she was the northwest corner house.  Her daughter lives across the street but is the southeast corner house.

LOL....I don't even know left from right.....or right from wrong.   A Drowsy Chaperone reference.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

Jane

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »

Good morning, all! I slept very late, and my shoulder is indeed better today. Last night, before I went to bed, I took a muscle relaxor and industrial strength ibuprofen. Once I passed out, I slept quite nicely.

I am out of coffee! I am not happy about such news, and a bit angry at myself for not checking stock yesterday when I finished what was in thefridge. So, i have to go out and I'd rather stay in.

I am debating a trek to Toyland, but I think I will stay here and try to tidy this mess. I will be glad when this new refrigertor is delivered, since a lot of the mess is frm the kitchen area.

Great news about your shoulder and sleeping well.

Good luck finding coffee!

Jane

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »

Governor Cuomo has announced that the MTA will begin a shutdown of the subway and commuter rail service in New York City beginning at 7pm tonight. Some news sites are saying there will then be no service until sometime Wednesday.

Here's the official notice:

NYC To Close Transit System

The MTA has been directed by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo to begin an orderly shutdown and suspension of all subway, bus and commuter railroad service at 7 p.m. Sunday. The decision was made to protect customers, employees and equipment from the wrath of Hurricane Sandy as the strong storm continues its march up the east coast. MTA Chairman and CEO Joseph J. Lhota announced that service on NYC Transit subways will be curtailed beginning at 7 p.m., and the bus network within the following two hours. Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad will start their finals trains by 7 p.m. from terminal locations. Subway and rail road stations will be closed after the last trains pass through stations. Outbound Access-A-Ride trips are being scheduled only until 12 p.m. today, and return trips will continue until 5 p.m. Any previously scheduled trips after that time, including subscription trips, are canceled. Customers are advised to adjust their plans and travel early in the day as possible and not wait until the last train or bus. Anyone who does not leave for their destination before 7 p.m. runs the risk of being stranded when service is suspended.

Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North will also suspend service at 7pm. Bridges and tunnels will remain open tonight unless wind speeds exceed 50 mph. The PATH system has not yet made any closure announcement.

Vibes everyone can make it home today!

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  Home from Lima in time to see the second hour of NBC's coverage of Skate Canada.  I don't like Michael Weiss as a commentator any more than I liked him as a skater...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »

Hunkering down vibes to all our east coast friends!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

Winter time has started so all the clocks have gone back an hour - or at least they would if I could figure how to change the time on my digital watch. At least the mornings will be lighter for a time. I hate getting up in the dark.

We have another week.  My hiking group has already switched to winter time, we leave at 9:00 instead of 8:00. :)

Jane

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2012, 12:37:38 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised to find my normal seasonal allergies were absent in California.  Frankly, I don't even remember if I was bothered much by that kind of thing when living out there.  But then yesterday morning, by the time I was in the airport terminal, I noticed my nose and eyes running like a gazelle.  A simple Benadryl would have taken care of it, and even helped me nap better on the plane, but I thought of that too late.  Maybe it was the lack of sleep more than actual allergies, because I feel fine today.
Maybe all that recycled air on the plane had something to do with it.

Could be.  I find my allergies aren't as bad in L.A. as they are here or when we lived on the East Coast.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES DR JOHN G!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2012, 12:40:15 PM »

Well, I'm off to my parents' for lunch and probably some games.

Have a good (and safe) day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »

Discovered this morning that the cat sitter ran the washer and dryer.  I can't figure out what she washed and dried unless it was the towels she certainly didn't wash my clothes.   i can tell because she used different settings than i use.  Bizarre

Chances are she washed her own clothes.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2012, 12:59:44 PM »

Discovered this morning that the cat sitter ran the washer and dryer.  I can't figure out what she washed and dried unless it was the towels she certainly didn't wash my clothes.   i can tell because she used different settings than i use.  Bizarre

Chances are she washed her own clothes.

I agree and I don't trust her...

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2012, 01:32:18 PM »

We saw something interesting on our drive home today.  We were southbound on I-75 and noticed a state highway patrol motorcycle blocking an on-ramp on the northbound side.  Then we noticed there was NO northbound traffic.  The next on-ramp was also blocked, then we noticed a steady stream of those motorcycles followed by a steady stream of highway patrol cruisers.  Sure enough, eventually we saw the Romney/Ryan campaign bus, followed by lots of SUVs and busses.  I knew Ryan was due in Celina, OH, at 2pm, so I wasn't really surprised.  What I didn't know until CNN told me just now, is that due to the storm Romney cancelled his appearances in an east coast state and has joined his running mate's bus tour through Ohio.

Regardless of your politics, this was pretty amazing to see on the road.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »

Romney and Ryan......is that like Flatt and Scruggs?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 01:44:54 PM »

Well, the Benedryl has its hold on my system. Very sluggish today. Not getting any work done. And that's a good thing. But I have been invited to a pig roast tonight and am afraid I won't be able to enjoy any of the wine.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2012, 01:47:28 PM »

Watching a documentary of Katharine Hepburn talking about her life and career. Surprised at how many of her older movies I haven't seen. Some of them look fairly awful, as a matter of fact.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »

No comment, DR JRand...

John G.

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

No comment, DR JRand...
Thank you. I'm trying to refrain, so I'll just follow your lead.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »

Let's move on...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up