Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PARCHEESI  (Read 26015 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PARCHEESI
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:08:19 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke of Parcheesi, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently playing their favorite game, MOOnopoly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: PARCHEESI
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: EIDOLON!

Doug R

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 01:02:41 AM »

TOD:

Favorite Sinatra song: OL' MAN RIVER (amazing how he holds that last note for so long)
Favorite Film performance: THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:32:23 AM »

I can't sleep.  I was hoping to find some east coast DRs here.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 04:54:08 AM »

Good morning, all.

Safe and dry vibes for all. And power for all, as well.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 04:55:16 AM »

TOD:

Song: "Mind if I Make Love to You" from "High Society"
Films: "On the Town," "High Society," "Manchurian Candidate."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 04:59:28 AM »

Glad the casserole was a success, Matthew.

I'm envious of your getting to meet Clinton, DakotaCelt. That must have been cool.
― Voltaire

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 05:27:00 AM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »

MEGA VIBES TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS THEM.

Goodmorning.  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 05:30:10 AM »

Great pictures.

I think Godzilla really did visit NY.

I do not visit facebook, much trouble to be had.

:)

Sam

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:26 AM »

Staying home tonight after my meeting.  To order cd's. 

Off to work.  Later.   ;)

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:54 AM »

More vibes!
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 05:37:13 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Have to fire myself up to grocery shop today and to meet with the senior center director about some funding research I've done.  I'd rather stay home wrapped in an afghan and read a book.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »

Ginny, are you getting snow?

Cillaliz

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 05:45:22 AM »

I just stopped in to see if anyone has checked in from the East Coast.   Time to get to work.  I have a post conviction trial this morning and need to review a couple things before it starts

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 05:48:15 AM »

Ginny, are you getting snow?

Just some flurries, DR Cillaliz, and I can see a dusting on the rooftops across the street.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 05:56:36 AM »

Of all the rooftops I can see from our house, only 1 really has significant snow accumulation.  Leads me to believe that their attic isn't very well-insulated...

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 06:03:05 AM »

I had a lot of trouble sleeping. The wind was pretty bad and there were so many things outside banging around. It's funny because my sister said she didn't hear a peep. I guess it depends where your windows are facing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 06:18:38 AM »

Good morning, all. It took me a while to get to sleep, but once I passed out, I slept quite well. I guess the storm is over, because all that's on the news this morning are shots of the damage, notfications of traffic and school shutdowns, and discussions on how the cleanup will proceed. 

BK, outside of the ass who posted the fake photo that I posted, the shots of the storm and the areas around and in Manhattan on Facebook, as well as the news, are real.  And most of them let me know how lucky I and many others are. 

Most of the people you know live above 42nd Street, because the ground rises as you move north. This is why the Battery and lower Manhattan was flooded and why the Upper West Side and areas above 42nd Street came through rather well. Riverside Park is a good 10-20 feet below West End Avenue at 82nd Street. I'm sure that the Park was flooded since all three rivers - East, Harlem, and Hudson - flooded. We were fortunate we came through as good as we did. 

DR Ben may still be out of power. I don't know how the area south of 39thStreet is doing.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:42:12 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »

My friend Rory posted this info on Facebook this morning. It pretty much encapsulates what's going on:

The MTA Chairman just made a statement that the subway is over 108 years old and NEVER experienced the kind of damage it did last night system wide. He anticipated a minimum of 3 days but more likely from 5 to 7 days until the subways would reali
stically be up and running again.

Bloomberg warns people to NOT go DRIVING around to check things out - allow Emergency workers to do their jobs! Of course if you do be careful as there is a lot of debris in the road ways (west side highway has desks, trashcans, tree's, chairs all sorts of things in the middle of it) who KNOWs where that came from.

Power and Bridge Updates:
Con-Ed is now reporting that over 680,000 customers in all of NYC without power and they don't for see that being restored for min 1 to 3 days depending on the damage as a lot of this equipment is underground - which requires draining the water out, then drying out the equipment completely then testing and bringing it back online. A minimum of 2 days if you live in any of the cities high rise building that lost power.

Flooding still exists on the Lower East side and the waters are again rising on the West Side river banks almost a foot again and high tide begins again in an hour.

The CRANE on west 57th made it but they are still obviously concerned about it and they have another one dangling on 15 W 15th.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:35:09 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 06:40:34 AM »

Thanks, DR Elmore - better reporting from you than on CNN!  Isn't that 15th St. address close to DR Ben?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »

Thanks, DR Elmore - better reporting from you than on CNN!  Isn't that 15th St. address close to DR Ben?

Relatively: three avenues apart.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 06:46:07 AM »

There's a news article on at the moment about evacuating 200 patients from the NYU Medical Center to other hospitals and carrying patients down stairs since there was no elevator service. Many patents were on ventilators that stopped, and they had to becareful with the newborns.  I think they said 20 hospitals were taking the patients.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 06:52:49 AM »

TOD:

Recordings: 

Say It (Over and Over Again)
Mind If I Make Love To You
Rain
When The Wind Was Green
Everything Happens To Me
A Sinner Kissed An Angel
Oh! Look At Me Now
Night & Day
Polka Dots and Moonbeams

FILMS:

Some Came Running
Guys & Dolls
Manchurian Candidate
Hole In The Head

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 06:54:11 AM »

Glad the casserole was a success, Matthew.

I'm envious of your getting to meet Clinton, DakotaCelt. That must have been cool.

It was a fun experiences...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 06:54:27 AM »

Good morning one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 06:54:40 AM »

Vibes to one and all!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 06:55:19 AM »

I saw some of the pictures of the devastation from Sandy. Amazing.... and heartbreaking.

John G.

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 07:00:12 AM »

Elmore, time for you to take up reporting. You're more succinct and informative than any report I've read so far.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up