Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: PARCHEESI  (Read 26248 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: PARCHEESI
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »

I got another phone message from the township this evening informing me that Trick Or Treating has been postponed until Saturday.  The odd thing was that the call went on to say that it is "unlawful" for anyone over the age of fourteen to go Trick Or Treating unless they are acting as a chaperone and that they are not allowed to ask for a piece of candy!  WTF?!?  I have not heard of any such law being passed here in Pennsauken or anywhere else for that matter!  I have half a mind to gather a bunch of senior citizens and go out on Saturday to dare them to arrest us!  "Unlawful"!  Ha!

That is funny.  Why 14. I've definitely seen 16 year olds occasionally go out with their friends. Why not if they want to?  One year I was 20something and since i'm only 5'3 I wore a mask and nobody knew how old i was (i got candy). There are plenty of 14 year olds taller! :)

I went until I was 18.

I'm going tomorrow! Although I doubt i'll get any candy. But if anyone offers i won't refuse.

I asked my niece (the 3year old) if she would give me her Reese's pieces if she got any. She thought about it. And was going to say no. Then i told her it was peanut butter and her mother would not let her eat it anyways. So she agreed.

She is not allergic. But she has never eaten/tried peanut butter.

People don't offer very often.  Has she not tried peanut butter because of the recommended age to wait to feed it?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

'night!

Is there an echo in the house??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »

Glad to read things are sorta shaping up on the east coast.  Because I have to work at school tomorrow on Halloween -- I really hope and pray that my Wed and Fri days don't fall on the holiday, I have to dress up.  I'm going as Jesus from Godspell.  We'll see if the 8th grade "gets" it as they watched the DVD last year.  I'm going to assemble the costume now. 

More at 11:00

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »

Thanks for welcoming me back, everyone!

Welcome back!

Thanks, DR elmore!  So glad you have electricity!

Me, too!

I'm sure.  Have you been in contact with DR FJL?

No, but I'm sure he and Skip are okay since I have other friends living in that building.

Thanks.  Are they without power?

Not in the least. I thought I implied that by mentioning other friends in the same building being okay.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:41:04 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »

Elmore, I remember the same idiots would go to the beach in Florida when the hurricanes would sweep by because the waves were perfect for surfing. Well, surfing and dying. Perhaps it is Darwinism in action.

They could have been different idiots....there are lots of them out there

It took me a few minutes...but then I got it! LOL!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »

Now onto to something for serious fun: John Cullum, Juliet Prowse and Harvey Evans in a bootleg of "Follies." Picture quality isn''t great, but it's "Follies."

Juliet was quite a lady.   And an incredible dancer.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »

I am curious what DR Cillaliz and her mother thought of tonight's DWTS. A lot of people are saying that there should not have been an elimination this week due to the weather. I think i agree. So many people couldn't watch/vote.

I've been watching storm coverage and didn't really watch much of DWS this week.  I don't think they should have postponed it.  They didn't eliminate last week because of the debate.  It's just a tv show.  It's also a popularity contest that depends on who calls on votes.  that's just how it is.  I haven't talked to mom.  I wasn't shocked, it happened to her the last time she was on too, so she must not have that big a fan base that would watch the show

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2012, 08:52:44 PM »

Now onto to something for serious fun: John Cullum, Juliet Prowse and Harvey Evans in a bootleg of "Follies." Picture quality isn''t great, but it's "Follies."

Juliet was quite a lady.   And an incredible dancer.
She was very good in this show, too. Her "Story of Lucy and Jessie" was great.  Except that whoever filmed it cut "Could I Leave You" and about three other numbers. Plus, the actors seemed to have been directed to improvise around the script, which didn't work too well. John Cullum was appropriately unctuous as Ben, all charm and insincerity. Harvey Evans was the heart of the show. And Marilyn Maye, well, she was the least of the cast.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »

Last week, I received (from Amazon.co.uk) the 2-CD London cast recording of Follies for only £9.95...but it was listed under the 1-CD highlights release.  The seller specified in the description that it was the 2-CD release and it was!  At the time that I bought it, there was only one other 2-CD recording available and it was over £20 AND that seller didn't list "International & domestic delivery rates," so I couldn't have gotten it, anyway.  There's one now for £17.95, but they also specify only "Domestic delivery rates."
Is that the one with Diana Rigg and Daniel Massey? Or is there another London Follies out there?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »

It was super hot here today. Something like 70F. I was wearing a t-shirt. When i went to pick up my niece at daycare they had her in pants, splash pants, a tshirt, a long sleeve sweatshirt, a jacket. And a wool hat???

I told her if she is too hot she needs to tell them. I have no idea why they would dress little kids like that when it is so hot out. But the kids are all 1-4. So they don't say anything.

Do they figure the children need to wear all the clothes they were dropped off with? 

No, I don't know what their problem is. It's so dumb. I showed up in a t-shirt and she was in 3 layers. I made her take all her stuff off right there.

I think they don't check the temps before they get them ready. It has been changing here day by day. Some days 60s some days cold.

Perhaps it has something to do with the way the child arrives at the daycare.  The center may have a rule that when the child leaves they have to be dressed the same way as when they arrived.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »

I would hate to be the worker who decided the child didn't need to wear a coat when an over-protective parent decided that the child did.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »

Well, I guess it is pointless to sit here by myself.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »

Wandering around aimlessly...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »

Just tried to order cd's and my paypay visa card is no longer valid, new one takes 2-3 days for 4 digit code to appear on my statement.

Such is life.  :(
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »

MEGA VIBES  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »

Finally finished with rehearsal, birthday dinner, working with Jenna Rosen and doing an interview with her.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2012, 11:02:29 PM »

Last week, I received (from Amazon.co.uk) the 2-CD London cast recording of Follies for only £9.95...but it was listed under the 1-CD highlights release.  The seller specified in the description that it was the 2-CD release and it was!  At the time that I bought it, there was only one other 2-CD recording available and it was over £20 AND that seller didn't list "International & domestic delivery rates," so I couldn't have gotten it, anyway.  There's one now for £17.95, but they also specify only "Domestic delivery rates."
Is that the one with Diana Rigg and Daniel Massey? Or is there another London Follies out there?

That's the one...it was one of the CDs that was stolen from my garage a few years ago.  I'm very slowly replacing things and finally replaced this one.  I bought the single-CD a couple of years ago, but I really wanted the whole thing, even though it only has one more track. 

It's what I originally had. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up