Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TRICK OR TREAT  (Read 30756 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TRICK OR TREAT
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:23:20 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were scarrry on account of Halloween, and now it is time for you to post until the scarrry cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: TRICK OR TREAT
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:24:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: OBAMBULATE!

Danise

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:27:21 AM »

Boo!  Trick or Treat~~  Happy Halloween everyone!

Sending vibes to everyone affected by Sandy. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a wonder filled day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 04:54:42 AM »

Good morning, all.

Great to see you, DR Danise. Hope all is well.

Vibes for all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: OBAMBULATE!

Let's not get too political.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:27:17 AM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 05:28:43 AM »

Happy Halloween,  trick or treat.   :o
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Jennifer

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 05:33:47 AM »

Last night DR Jane wrote:
People don't offer very often.  Has she not tried peanut butter because of the recommended age to wait to feed it?

Actually a fair amount of people will give Reese's peanut butter cups. Most people trick or treat with their parents. And they aren't gonna eat that if they are allergic.

I don't know why she hasn't tried peanut butter. I'm sure if she was allergic that she would have had a reaction to something else she'd eaten by now.

They don't let you try it at daycare. Schools aren't allowed to have peanuts. My sis doesn't really like it. So she's just never let her try it. I would have had her try it by now for sure.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 05:35:16 AM »

La dee DA dee dah DAH!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 05:36:26 AM »

Last night DR TCB wrote:
Perhaps it has something to do with the way the child arrives at the daycare.  The center may have a rule that when the child leaves they have to be dressed the same way as when they arrived.

No, it's not a rule. Because you bring your kid in and leave their clothes (plus extra clothes) in their cubby. So they don't even see what the kids are wearing. There are always extra sweaters and stuff.

I think they just thought it was cold out and didn't feel like taking the extra clothes off. I just felt bad because the kids are too young to say they are too warm. I tried to tell my niece that if she was too warm she could tell them.

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 05:37:17 AM »

Happy Halloween. I am so excited for later.

Right now tonight is supposed to be over 50F and probably not raining. It is supposed to be only 1mm of rain this afternoon. So hopefully it will stop by 6pm.

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 05:37:43 AM »

Hi and bye DR Danise!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 05:38:38 AM »

It's is Halloween.  October 31st!!!

Today is the day of the year when the veil between our world and the spirit world is at its thinnest, so communication with the other side is easier than ever.   It is also the day when spirits can move to different planes of the other world depending on what they have been doing.....that is, they can be promoted or demoted....

SO you can expect strange happenings, noises, and visions today if you are particularly tuned in. 

Last night must have been T/T night in Greencastle.  As I walked to the theatre from the parking lot there was a group of children running behind me....I turned to look, and there was a hot dog staring me in the face.

Tonight is T/T night in my town.....during the late afternoon daylight hour....but I will be gone....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 05:45:27 AM »

Last night I took a present to Britt Cryer.....I thought it might be something she and David already had - but it had been given me in a box of Playbills years ago.  It was a program from COME SUMMER, a musical they did in 1969.  The show starred Ray Bolger and Margaret Hamilton and was directed by Agnes De Mille.

Turns out that is the show they were doing when they met, AND they did NOT have a Playbill from it, so I was happy to give it to them.  David won a Theatre World Award for the show.

Britt told me that she had worked with Agnes for six months helping her in her classes, and that Agnes never bothered to remember her name.  She said Agnes paid her $2 an hour to help her and always wrote the check out to "Britt" and told her to fill in the rest.  Agnes also tried to get her son to go out with Britt, but Britt said...."Uh....he wasn't interested...."  LOL

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 05:48:26 AM »

@  @  @  @  @  HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!  @  @  @  @  @

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 05:56:42 AM »

Good morning, all!

It's still very quet in Manhattan. Not much sound of traffic or people. As long as the power's off downtown, I can't go to Toyland and work, so I'll hang out. Who knows? My new fridge may show up today. I hope it's not sitting somewhere buried under water.

I got a curious email today from the person who sent me the "who the f**k are you" email that caused a lot of problems on ROBERTA on Oct 9.  I'll leave it at that. There's too much madness about this situation.

So, more coffee!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 05:58:51 AM »

Last night I took a present to Britt Cryer.....I thought it might be something she and David already had - but it had been given me in a box of Playbills years ago.  It was a program from COME SUMMER, a musical they did in 1969.  The show starred Ray Bolger and Margaret Hamilton and was directed by Agnes De Mille.

Turns out that is the show they were doing when they met, AND they did NOT have a Playbill from it, so I was happy to give it to them.  David won a Theatre World Award for the show.

Britt told me that she had worked with Agnes for six months helping her in her classes, and that Agnes never bothered to remember her name.  She said Agnes paid her $2 an hour to help her and always wrote the check out to "Britt" and told her to fill in the rest.  Agnes also tried to get her son to go out with Britt, but Britt said...."Uh....he wasn't interested...."  LOL

DR JRand62, it sounds like you're having a great time on THE CRUCIBLE! I am so happy for you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 06:13:54 AM »

I got an email from facebook today saying that someone had been trying to access my facebook account from a place that wasn't my usual city. I didn't realize that facebook did this. Sort of interesting. They made me change my password even though apparently this person did not get into my account.

I went directly to facebook (didn't click on the link) just in case it wasn't a real message. But it was and i was easily able to change my password.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 06:16:23 AM »

DR Jennifer, you are the second person in Canada that I've heard that had that same Facebook incident. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »

Though I was expecting the worst, I had a very easy commute this morning on both trains to the office this morning.  However, now that I am in the office I found that I cannot make the remote connection to our client's network in Philly, so I don't have a lot that I can do right now.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 06:34:14 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm getting ready for a lunch visit with my friend Becky.  Haven't seen her since early May because she and her husband spent the summer on their boat in Michigan.  We have a lot of catching up to do!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 06:37:11 AM »

Just checking in to see if everyone's OK after the storm.

I'll look through the last few days.  Keeping low pending stuff going off in cyberspace!

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 07:11:18 AM »

Good to see DR FJL!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 07:12:42 AM »

Sending more vibes to all -- wherever you happen to be.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 07:14:09 AM »

Thank you DR ELMORE.....I actually have fun just about every place I go....I finally learned to ignore the idiots....  I am not ALWAYS successful....but I try.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 07:18:32 AM »

This is certainly not to make light of the troubles of our East Coast HHW'ers....but I have to say that the path of destruction of Hurricane Sandy has reached the inland area here in my backyard.

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 07:20:08 AM »

Off to do a couple of errands before meeting Becky - bye for now!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 07:34:44 AM »

I think Guy Haines should definitely sing Love Look Away at the Kritzerland show.

MBarnum

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »

How wonderful, Jack!

ChasSmith

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 07:51:05 AM »

Trick or Treat greetings to one and all.  Still no power and the house is down to 60 degrees.  65 was nicer.  When I can, I'll post a picture of the cause.

DR Jrand62, I hope the cleanup crews don't take too long getting to your neighborhood!  Believe you me, I know what the waiting is like when dealing with a mess like thaf!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up