Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY  (Read 26673 times)

Cillaliz

Re: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2012, 08:19:13 PM »

Went to the Dogwood Pet Hotel this morning.  It's clearly more of a dog hotel than a cat hotel.The  Cat room has the below modues in it. (I got these photos from the net. This isn't the actual place) I don't like the idea of putting the cats in these cages, but there is one cool thing.  I can get three across the top and they can adjust them so all three cats could go back and forth between all three modules.   Could be worse.   I have a feeling this will be harder on me than the cats.

This is NOT what I was expecting you to find. :(

ME either.  I guess that's why there's no photo on the web page.   I said "I thought you'd have a cat room" and they just said "no we don't"

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »

but there is one cool thing.  I can get three across the top and they can adjust them so all three cats could go back and forth between all three modules.  

I should have read your entire post before responding.  That isn't too bad if they can open all three across.

And we can put their beds and the pads they like to sit on in the cages, so it won't be as cold

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »

Had an update on my catsitter.  She's in good spirits, getting started in rehab and learning to put on her socks.  Great to hear that

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »

Good morning, all.

Welcome back, Ben and Vixmom. We're glad you're all powered up again.

DITTO AND DITTO!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »

wonder where everyone else is

Today, I watched a couple hours of TV and then went to my parents' house for dinner...meatloaf with white sauce.  After that, we played a couple of games of Qwirkle.  And now I'm home and catching up on all the posts. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2012, 08:57:51 PM »

I considered putting a voice mail saying that I had already mailed my ballot, so please leave me alone.

I actually did mail it last week.

So did I, but I've never been called. I feel so left out!

;)

George

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2012, 08:59:49 PM »

Hi everyone.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Tonight is my first night at Max' Restaurant in Palo Alto.  I'll be paying and singing some tunes from 6-10.  The playing part is easy, the singing of said tunes I've had to spend time on. So, I have some Carpenters, Neil Sedaka, and some things like that, mostly 70's and I think I'm in good shape for the evening.  I'll check in after and give a report!

BREAK A...FINGER!! ;D

George

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2012, 09:05:42 PM »

Are any of our LA folks familiar with the name Peter Ellenshaw?  He was an artist in the film industry and did a lot of work for Disney.  We were in a gallery last night where I was admiring my friend Pam's paintings and chatting with her and Richard was transfixed with a signed & numbered print of Ellenshaw's "Evensong."  I could just tell that he really wanted it, so I asked if he wanted it for his Christmas present.  Without hesitation he said YES, so I wrote a check to the gallery owner and it's now hanging in our living room:

That's a great print, Ginny.

George

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2012, 09:07:18 PM »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »

Are any of our LA folks familiar with the name Peter Ellenshaw?  He was an artist in the film industry and did a lot of work for Disney.  We were in a gallery last night where I was admiring my friend Pam's paintings and chatting with her and Richard was transfixed with a signed & numbered print of Ellenshaw's "Evensong."  I could just tell that he really wanted it, so I asked if he wanted it for his Christmas present.  Without hesitation he said YES, so I wrote a check to the gallery owner and it's now hanging in our living room:

It is beautiful.

Thanks, DR Jane!  When we were leaving the art center, an acquaintance asked to see what we'd bought.  She compared it to the work of Thomas Kincade, but I don't think it's as goopy as his.

Goopy?

My made-up word for overly sweet and sentimental...

I find some of Kincaide's works to be wonderful.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »

I considered putting a voice mail saying that I had already mailed my ballot, so please leave me alone.

;)

I will be happy to foreward them to you!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »

Well my work here is done.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »

Two tiramisus made. One with peach, almond and amaretto, which is really pretty. And one with blueberries and coconut, which is rather messy. Should taste good, but isn't the most appetizing-looking dish ever.

Now, time to get ready for Austin.

John is tiramisu normally made with some type of alcohol in it?
Mine is.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »

Hi everyone.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Tonight is my first night at Max' Restaurant in Palo Alto.  I'll be paying and singing some tunes from 6-10.  The playing part is easy, the singing of said tunes I've had to spend time on. So, I have some Carpenters, Neil Sedaka, and some things like that, mostly 70's and I think I'm in good shape for the evening.  I'll check in after and give a report!

BREAK A...FINGER!! ;D
Or break a nail.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2012, 09:21:14 PM »

;)

I will be happy to foreward them to you!

Thanks, but I prefer to remain left out.

John G.

« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »

Fun day out in the sun. The paella party was on a 17-acre property east of Austin. Turns out the property has a rum distillery out back near the area where they were smoking and roasting pigs. I don't know about you, but playing with matches around flammables is not my idea of intelligence in action.

Anyway, I was judging nine non-traditional paellas, and that most of them were. There was one in which the rice was cooked in tamarind and Jamaica, or hibiscus flowers, with slabs of warm pineapple, clams and artichoke hearts. Very nice. It won third place.

There was a dessert paella (which I would tend to call rice pudding) with dried fruits, baked pears and rum in it. (It won nothing because they screwed up the rice).

The winner was a paella that put a taste of the South in your mouth. It was soul food paella with smoked ham hocks, ox tails, pig's feet, cippoline onions, sweet peppers and more over the rice, which had been made with a combination of chicken stock and pork stock. The rice was perfectly cooked, which the point and focus of paella, and the source of the most points in the grading. But it wasn't just the rice, but the way it all worked together that made it so beautiful.

All of the paellas were beautiful, so maybe I'll post a few pictures in a few days.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2012, 10:45:01 PM »

Finished with my viewing.

ChasSmith

« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »

Watched ROSEMARY'S BABY.  Satisfying beyond belief, and because I haven't seen it for a few years, this Blu-ray made it seem all the more as though for the first time.  And I remember that first time.  I have no idea what I'd heard that inspired me to get the book, but I did read it before the film was released.  I remember sitting in the car in the parking lot at "Sears Town" in Fort Lauderdale, either with my dad who was waiting to have the car serviced there, or by myself, likewise, with the car.  I devoured that red paperback, and when I saw the movie I was blown away by it.  Went to it a few times here and there, but my last memory of seeing it in a theater was on one of those two tiny screens behind the Egyptian.  Like I said earlier, I never got around to getting it on any home video release, so this Criterion masterpiece is more rewarding than ever.

ChasSmith

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »

I'll tackle the interview feature (wow, Robert Evans is still alive and kicking?*) and the documentary on Komeda tomorrow or ASAP.

*Not a complaint.  I love for people to still be alive and kicking.

ChasSmith

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2012, 11:51:42 PM »

I believe the time change happened here half an hour ago.

Ate my first ever Marie Callender's home product tonight -- a can of Chicken Pot Pie Style Soup.  I got on a soup kick recently, and while out shopping for storm supplies last weekend I saw this eight-pack of Ms. Callender's soups in Costco and said what the heck, I'll try it, can't be any worse than any other.  Well, it turns out to be very good for canned soup.  Great flavors, and very little (or possibly none) of that burning sodium aftertaste I seem to have become sensitive to in so many prepared foods.  The other kind in this pack is the Chicken and Dumplings which I'll sample tomorrow.

(This pack cost only half that in Costco -- 11 or 12 bucks):

http://www.amazon.com/Marie-Callenders-Soup-Variety-Pack/dp/B000Q3BK28

I'd been thinking about Marie Callender's since being in L.A., anyhoo, instigated by seeing the disgusting transformation (into a bank) of what I believe BK said was one of their flagship restaurants.  I hadn't known that location, but I grew to love going to them in and around L.A., and to the newer fancier site on Wilshire in later years.  As I recall, that might have been (or be? -- I guess many of the others are still around?) a little "too" fancy, but it worked for a bunch of us who frequented it on many an evening after work for drinks and hearty yummy food.  RIP, Callender's in Burbank.

ChasSmith

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2012, 11:54:20 PM »

And there you have it, a modest "entree" into some overdue L.A. posts.

ChasSmith

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2012, 11:56:53 PM »

And with that, I bid you all a good night.  It's almost three in the morning, "old" time.  (I obsess my way through almost hourly comparisons of "old" and "new" time for the first day or two of every time change.  Long time habit.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up