Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY  (Read 26795 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2012, 12:29:42 PM »

will this one do it?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »

It did!! It did!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »

With Michigan's decisive victory over Minnesota the Little Brown Jug will remain in Ann Arbor for another year!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »

T.O.D.

Mia - THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO
John - ROSEMARY'S BABY
Ruth - HAROLD AND MAUDE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2012, 12:42:55 PM »

Went to the Dogwood Pet Hotel this morning.  It's clearly more of a dog hotel than a cat hotel.The  Cat room has the below modues in it. (I got these photos from the net. This isn't the actual place) I don't like the idea of putting the cats in these cages, but there is one cool thing.  I can get three across the top and they can adjust them so all three cats could go back and forth between all three modules.   Could be worse.   I have a feeling this will be harder on me than the cats.

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »

I can take cat beds from home and they encourge it.  I take their regular food to help woth digestive issues and they can give Callie her meds.  The cat room is right next to the office so they would be within earshot, but the cat room is far away from the dogs, so they can't hear them.   Also the owner lives on site so bad weather wouldn't prevent someone getting to them.

I'm thinking of trying it over the holidays for a couple nights and see how it works out

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »

I have never seen Rosemary's Baby - I don't think I ever read the book either

I think I was too young when it came out -- I will have to look for it

At the risk of being exiled to West Covina, I would recommend reading the book ROSEMARY'S BABY before seeing the movie.  I think it makes it a little easier to follow.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »

The price isn't outrageous and they aren't metal cages with barking dogs in the next room like the vet is.  I'm thinking this would be the safest place for them when I'm gone

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »

Mia Farrow - Purple Rose of Cairo  --- or  The Boyfriend

--- or  The Boyfriend

I believe you are thinking of Twiggy.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »

Greetings from Toyland! All seems good, but we need long florescent lamps. I need to tackle that this week.

DR vixmom, Mia Farrow is not in THE BOY FRIEND. Twiggy is.

I stand by my statement,  my favorite Mia Farrow movie is The Boyfriend

in the spirit of the election season I will not let the facts get in the way of my pronouncements

I think I would prefer Mia Farrow over a couple of the other candidates.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »

Two tiramisus made. One with peach, almond and amaretto, which is really pretty. And one with blueberries and coconut, which is rather messy. Should taste good, but isn't the most appetizing-looking dish ever.

Now, time to get ready for Austin.

John is tiramisu normally made with some type of alcohol in it?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »

With Michigan's decisive victory over Minnesota the Little Brown Jug will remain in Ann Arbor for another year!

I can now sleep better knowing that, Ginny!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »

Went to the Dogwood Pet Hotel this morning.  It's clearly more of a dog hotel than a cat hotel.The  Cat room has the below modues in it. (I got these photos from the net. This isn't the actual place) I don't like the idea of putting the cats in these cages, but there is one cool thing.  I can get three across the top and they can adjust them so all three cats could go back and forth between all three modules.   Could be worse.   I have a feeling this will be harder on me than the cats.

I agree with you on that, Cilla.  I always thought it was unfair to make my cat suffer, just because I want to go on a vacation.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »

Yeah, TCB I know, on the other hand, the cats were pretty freaked out with the last cat sitter, Callie does hide at medicine time and then hisses at other people and if there's a snow storm, they may be trapped in the house with no one able to get here.  Against that backdrop, they are safer in the pet hotel where they can be together.

I think the big thing is when Katie told me "I had no idea it would be this hard to take care of the cats" I had to think about how hard it would be for someone who doesn't live here and doesn't know Callie's hiding places.  My cats really aren't that easy to take care of if you aren't as familiar with them as Sharon was.  I have to consider that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:39:01 PM by Cillaliz »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 02:11:48 PM »

Yeah, TCB I know, on the other hand, the cats were pretty freaked out with the last cat sitter, Callie does hide at medicine time and then hisses at other people and if there's a snow storm, they may be trapped in the house with no one able to get here.  Against that backdrop, they are safer in the pet hotel where they can be together.

I think the big thing is when Katie told me "I had no idea it would be this hard to take care of the cats" I had to think about how hard it would be for someone who doesn't live here and doesn't know Callie's hiding places.  My cats really aren't that easy to take care of if you aren't as familiar with them as Sharon was.  I have to consider that.

Oh, I know what you mean, Cilla.  In Nicky's case, he is, at the moment, and only child, so taking him to a cat hotel would be tougher.  Having three babies, all at the same place, it sounds llike a better idea for their sake as well as yours.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »

I can now sleep better knowing that, Ginny!

;D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »

Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow when it is free-for-all day, but I am curious as to what style of voting do people have in their areas.  Washington, I believe, has 100% mail in ballots, there are the old-fashioned polling places open for one day only, and more and more I hear about early voting available at polling places.  I was just curious.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »

DR TCB, we have early voting in Ohio, but we have to go to a Board of Elections office.  I did that 4 years ago because of my work schedule, but this year I will go to the new school that was built to replace the elementary school that Rob attended.  Our polling place has moved around a lot lately and I'm glad for us to be back where we belong.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »

I received an e-mail from a certain political party telling me it would be the last pre-election request for funding that I would receive.  Actuallly, come to think of it, I have received four different e-mails telling em that they were the final one I would receive.  I wish it were Wednesday.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

DR TCB, we have early voting in Ohio, but we have to go to a Board of Elections office.  I did that 4 years ago because of my work schedule, but this year I will go to the new school that was built to replace the elementary school that Rob attended.  Our polling place has moved around a lot lately and I'm glad for us to be back where we belong.

So, that has to be on Tuesday only?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »

I considered putting a voice mail saying that I had already mailed my ballot, so please leave me alone.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »

I considered putting a voice mail saying that I had already mailed my ballot, so please leave me alone.

I actually did mail it last week.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2012, 02:36:36 PM »

In Iowa, early voting started September 28.  If you had a petition with I don't know how many names you could be a designated polling place for early voting.  It's really just absentee voting.  I went to the courthouse. You first fill out the request for an absentee ballot, then you take the ballot to a voting station and fill it out, then you put it in the privacy envelope and give it back.   You can also request an absentee ballott and fill it out at home then turn it in or mail it in.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »

So, that has to be on Tuesday only?

Yes, the community polling places are only open on Tuesday.  Early voting requires a trip to the Board of Elections, which is kind of far from our home.  They had pretty convenient hours through yesterday, but they're cutting back as Tuesday approaches.  Today they were open 8-2, tomorrow 1-5, and Monday 8-2.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2012, 02:59:30 PM »

DR Ginny, what is going on with that ass Jon Husted and his voting conditions?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2012, 03:04:45 PM »

In Iowa, early voting started September 28.  If you had a petition with I don't know how many names you could be a designated polling place for early voting.  It's really just absentee voting.  I went to the courthouse. You first fill out the request for an absentee ballot, then you take the ballot to a voting station and fill it out, then you put it in the privacy envelope and give it back.   You can also request an absentee ballott and fill it out at home then turn it in or mail it in.

And you can vote at the regular polling places on election day

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »

Hi everyone.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Tonight is my first night at Max' Restaurant in Palo Alto.  I'll be paying and singing some tunes from 6-10.  The playing part is easy, the singing of said tunes I've had to spend time on. So, I have some Carpenters, Neil Sedaka, and some things like that, mostly 70's and I think I'm in good shape for the evening.  I'll check in after and give a report!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »

I am off to a wedding celebration. Back later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »

Hi everyone.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Tonight is my first night at Max' Restaurant in Palo Alto.  I'll be paying and singing some tunes from 6-10.  The playing part is easy, the singing of said tunes I've had to spend time on. So, I have some Carpenters, Neil Sedaka, and some things like that, mostly 70's and I think I'm in good shape for the evening.  I'll check in after and give a report!

Don't forget to sing "Laura."
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »

Let's get off of page 3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up