Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HORSE SENSE  (Read 14821 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
HORSE SENSE
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:10:45 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were just horsing around, and now it it time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently upset that there is only one cow saying - of course, we've been using that saying for nine years here at haineshisway.com, so that's nothing to sneeze at.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: HORSE SENSE
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:11:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: SUBAUDITION!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:27:49 AM »

I love the lines from City of Angels, "That's a ball game of a different color," and, "There won't be a dry seat in the house!"

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:39:24 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:16:38 AM »

To all by fellow HHW here is an earthquake prediction that happen to California, Oregon, Washington and Vancouver, BC. It will be 9.0 or greater. It is predicted for September 26th. Just in time for my visit.

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/just_plain_stupid/Severe_Earthquake_Warning_For_California_in_September_2010/#301758
Never stop dreaming.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 05:32:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: SUBAUDITION!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  DO I LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:00 AM »

Oh dear.....well we shall see..............
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:25 AM »

Nice song, DR ARNOLDMBROCKMAN

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:41 AM »

Continued feel better vibes for DR VIXMOM

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 05:35:12 AM »

When things were not going well at my house, or no one would admit to a particular wrong doing, my father would always say:
"Heads are gonna roll."

Which scared me and made me laugh all at the same time.

And when heavy blame was placed on a particular individual, said individual would always say: "Well, shoot me at sunrise."

Kerry

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 05:41:28 AM »

Good Morning!  I say that a lot.
I like boat races.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 05:58:16 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 05:59:27 AM »

I love the quotes George offered from "City of Angels." I guess, though, the only phrase I use fairly regularly is, "Would that it were ..." It's a phrase that confuses a lot of people who don't know grammar, which may explain why I like it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 05:59:55 AM »

How to make ginger ale:

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/09/griffin-to-go-making-your-own-ginger-ale/

Here's a link to the article I mentioned yesterday.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 06:01:28 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I just have three more hours of auditions to play.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »

DR JRand - Alas, still no "Ciribiribin".
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:19 AM »

I'm up, and I think I've announced everywhere I need to.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 06:55:41 AM »

Good morning, all! I've got my second "Romping Redhead" so I am content for the moment. The problem with a lot of recording dates and 15 singers to juggle, plus the 10 gentlemen and ladies singing backup, is that there are too many variables to allow me to relax before this thing is finished. In some instances I can think, we'll do it later, but I only have two catch up session dates, too many singers, and several divas.

Today I meet Mr Rob Berman, the mighty musical director of FINIAN'S RAINBOW, at the NYPL Music Division to look over the original manuscripts of WHERE'S CHARLEY?  Since I began this restoration in 1998, I'm expected to shed much light, while I actually remember next to nothing. When I was in the Encores! office several weeks ago, I ran across my full score to the show and thought, hmmmm, this looks vaguely familiar.  So, it will be good to see Rob and my favorite music librarian Bob Kosovsky today and we'll see what cI can remember about this show.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 07:06:45 AM »

I forgot to comment on Pogue's post about the sound of the music for The Unforgiven - in the film the music does sound very weird - it has nothing to do with the recording, though, which, if you listen to the audio samples, is just fine.  I think it has everything to do with the home video releases - something went wrong somewhere because the music is muffled and sounds awful in the various video transfers.  On CD - it's really good.

John G.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 07:10:21 AM »

Good morning, all! I've got my second "Romping Redhead" so I am content for the moment. The problem with a lot of recording dates and 15 singers to juggle, plus the 10 gentlemen and ladies singing backup, is that there are too many variables to allow me to relax before this thing is finished. In some instances I can think, we'll do it later, but I only have two catch up session dates, too many singers, and several divas.

Today I meet Mr Rob Berman, the mighty musical director of FINIAN'S RAINBOW, at the NYPL Music Division to look over the original manuscripts of WHERE'S CHARLEY?  Since I began this restoration in 1998, I'm expected to shed much light, while I actually remember next to nothing. When I was in the Encores! office several weeks ago, I ran across my full score to the show and thought, hmmmm, this looks vaguely familiar.  So, it will be good to see Rob and my favorite music librarian Bob Kosovsky today and we'll see what cI can remember about this show.

Your refresher: "Steopticons that move ..."
― Voltaire

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »

So, it will be good to see Rob and my favorite music librarian Bob Kosovsky today and we'll see what cI can remember about this show.

Bob Kosovsky! There's a name I haven't heard in a horse's age. We used to live next door to each other in the Heights of Washington until he deserted us for the wilds of downtown. Please send my regards!

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 07:19:13 AM »

TOD:

Something that I have to keep saying at work: "If it made sense, we wouldn't be doing it." Also, "Applying logic to an inherently illogical situation can only lead to tears."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »

Your refresher: "Steopticons that move ..."

Appearing in cathedrals larger than the Louvre
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »

So, it will be good to see Rob and my favorite music librarian Bob Kosovsky today and we'll see what cI can remember about this show.

Bob Kosovsky! There's a name I haven't heard in a horse's age. We used to live next door to each other in the Heights of Washington until he deserted us for the wilds of downtown. Please send my regards!

I will! He is one of my favorite people. He makes nearly every trip to the NYPL a lot of fun.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 07:29:39 AM »

A trip to the library SHOULD be fun!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 07:34:21 AM »

The teenage wags who just had to show up for the first preview of of a new musical here in Los Angeles, California are drooling all over themselves to say how AMAZING its leading man is and how AMAZING it all is and now AMAZING that it will be coming right into NY because they talked to the AMAZING producers at the stage door and that's what the AMAZING producers said.  And then an adult comes on and posts something very different - isn't that funny?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:37:14 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »

Apparently the show ends with an AMAZING rain effect, because a by-God mesmerizer maybe brings it on to a draught-ridden town.  I think I saw this show when it was called The Rainmaker or 110 in the Shade.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  No MAD MEN for me last night because our cable went out about 9:30.  So, I continued reading my book and went to sleep about 11 and slept for 10 hours.  We're back on line now and I have to rent us a car to use in Orlando this weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 07:48:25 AM »

A trip to the library SHOULD be fun!

Most of the time it is, but I do have frustrating visits, like when the missing/lost BABES IN TOYLAND scrapbook won't turn up or a 1902 scrapbook for THE WIZARD OF OZ is too tattered to be examined, or when something crucial, like the original prospectus book for the 1956 CANDIDE has been stolen from the show scrapbook!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 07:55:10 AM »

Happy 97th birthday to Frances Farmer.

To celebrate - TCM is having a Patricia Neal Festival
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up