Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MACARONI AND CHEESE  (Read 32306 times)

Cillaliz

Re:MACARONI AND CHEESE
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2005, 02:01:41 PM »

Media Check
Turntable - Side by Side by Sondheim
Car - Wicked (sometimes I just have the desire to drive and sing Defying Gravity very loudly - windows up of course)
CD - hmm not sure, I haven't had it on in awhile
DVD - a local video about Saturday in the Park - a local music festival

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2005, 02:02:39 PM »

And I get a VERONICA MARS episode about mailorder brides tonight, too, so that also sounds intriguing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2005, 02:03:29 PM »

Gas prices
I heard the low price around is $2.23,  I went to the Sinclair station with Dino the brontasaurus (I still believe in Dino) on the sign and paid $2.39 for unleaded with 10% ethanol. It's 10 cents cheaper than regular unleaded
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 02:05:33 PM by Cillaliz »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2005, 02:20:13 PM »

I wonder where my Brontosaurus went?

The New York City sewer system?

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2005, 02:42:59 PM »

When I left for NYC, gas was $2.16 for the lowest octane. When I got back four days later, it was $2.23. It is now $2.29. Glad I filled up before I went to NYC, and I don't drive much, but they're predicting well over $2.50 before this latest surge peaks.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2005, 02:43:45 PM »

It's been very, very hot and humid here today. Right now, I'm hearing thunder off in the distance meaning we're in for an afternoon thundershower momentarily. [sigh]

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2005, 02:44:36 PM »

I guess I should add ALEXANDER - the theatrical cut - to my Media List. A friend just dropped it by, and I plan to watch it at some point this weekend.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2005, 03:25:20 PM »

Just delivered, just about the most beautiful flower arrangement we have ever received. :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2005, 03:26:39 PM »

Surely you can't blame that on Jose?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2005, 03:31:13 PM »

Of course you can, you can blame everything on Jose!

Jane

« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2005, 03:33:39 PM »

But the change gets heavy in the bottom of the bag  and we are saving the bicentenial quarters and the state quarters,,, and the state nickels....

and

sorry

So true. ;D

Jane

« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »

Elmore I haven’t seen much of Central Park and none of the sights you showed Joey-hint, hint. :D

Ginny the doctor’s message that really gets me is “if this is an emergency call 911”.  Well gosh, if I knew it was an emergency I would have done that.

Cillaliz, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the clouds.  
I’m pleased Nilla is well after the surgery.  Once she is healed I don’t think you will notice a difference in his ability to eat.  Just watch carefully for gum disease.  

Jane

« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2005, 03:43:08 PM »

DRJANE - Annette and her husband Glen are back together - but a couple of weeks ago, they were involved in a car crash.  Annette's leg was broken and she was in the hospital for five days.

JRand I had no idea they were in an accident and surprisingly didn’t find a news article.  I’m so glad she is back home now.

If the Globe prints the photo I hope they had least run an article encouraging people to donate money for MS research.  

Jane

« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2005, 03:45:20 PM »

Bewre all visitor's to elmore's door this fate may await you there

;D ;D ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2005, 03:49:40 PM »

Elmore I haven’t seen much of Central Park and none of the sights you showed Joey-hint, hint. :D

Well, DRJane, if I recall correctly, it was your wish to examine SoHo and the lower East Side on your last visit, although we did get to the West Village and the Upper West Side.  Perhaps this time we can begin at Artie's and then head to the Park.  The one thing I wanted to do while DRJoey was here was get to the Museum of Natural History and see the new dinosaur exhiibits, but there simply wan't enough time.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2005, 04:00:44 PM »

Sounds good to me.  :) If we have additional time maybe we can stop at an art museum.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2005, 04:03:31 PM »

Sounds good to me.  :) If we have additional time maybe we can stop at an art museum.

Nursie, I'm at your call!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2005, 04:06:03 PM »

Here is the body spray I mentioned:

Jane

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2005, 04:09:48 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2005, 04:10:15 PM »

I need me some body spray.  I do have a new favorite perfume, which I recommend to all our female dear readers and lurkers - I smelled it on a gal who works at my bank, and I almost became incoherent, so dizzyingly beautiful was the fragrance.  It's by Givenchy and is called Very Irrisistable.  It comes in a really pretty bottle and it smells heavenly.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2005, 04:11:32 PM »

zo djjg - well, see what happens when your fingers go to the right on your keyboard instead of where they're supposed to go?  zo djjg - exactly my point.

I shall shortly be on my way to the El Portal Theater in North Hollywood, after which I shall return.

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2005, 05:15:04 PM »

Cillaliz, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the clouds.  
I’m pleased Nilla is well after the surgery.  Once she is healed I don’t think you will notice a difference in his ability to eat.  Just watch carefully for gum disease.  

Thanks, Jane.

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2005, 05:17:11 PM »

I've been trying to figure out what I want for dinner. For some reason all I can think of is macaroni and cheese....so...I guess I'll give in

Michael

« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2005, 05:37:37 PM »

Bernadette Peters is the only actress to play Rose in a Broadway revival of GYPSY and NOT win the Tony Award.

That's all I'm saying.

Someone I am sure corrected you, but Ethel Merman did not win.

Winner - Mary Martin (The Sound of Music")"

Nominees: Carol Burnett (Once Upon a Mattress")"

Dolores Gray (Destry Rides Again")"

Eileen Herlie (Take Me Along")"

Ethel Merman (Gypsy")"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 05:50:08 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2005, 05:40:27 PM »

Well, DRJane, if I recall correctly, it was your wish to examine SoHo and the lower East Side on your last visit, although we did get to the West Village and the Upper West Side.  Perhaps this time we can begin at Artie's and then head to the Park.  The one thing I wanted to do while DRJoey was here was get to the Museum of Natural History and see the new dinosaur exhiibits, but there simply wan't enough time.

As opposed to the old dinosaur exhibits???
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2005, 05:48:26 PM »

Believe the only characters roles to win tony awards for their original performers are Pseudolos in A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum (Mostel, Silvers, Lane) and Medea was one (Anderson, Caldwell and Rigg) but Fiona Shaw in 2003 lost
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »

Media Watch:

Kung Fu Hustle.

What a funny entertaining flm. Anyone else see it?
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2005, 05:52:47 PM »

Someone I am sure corrected you, but Ethel Merman did not win.

I was almost going to post this also, but then I realized that JRand specified "...in a Broadway revival...."  Ethel, of course, was not in a revival. ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 05:54:03 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2005, 05:55:33 PM »

Believe the only characters roles to win tony awards for their original performers are Pseudolos in A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum (Mostel, Silvers, Lane) and Medea was one (Anderson, Caldwell and Rigg) but Fiona Shaw in 2003 lost

You might also add Jason Alexander.  He played Pseudolus in the Forum excerpts in Jerome Robbins' Broadway. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2005, 05:58:05 PM »

Back from the El Portal.  We now have a difficult decision to make, which I'll talk more about in the notes.  We all really liked the vibe of the El Portal (their 99 seat space), but it's not an ideal space for doing our set, unless our designer can be brilliant and figure out a way to make it work.  It's also not available until January 1st, but I'm not begin as negative about that as I once was.  They also really want us to do the play there - I've known the woman who runs the theater for years, and she likes me, likes my work, and likes the idea of me being there.  That's a big plus, if you ask me.  However, if we resign ourselves to wait until January, we could have the Hudson, where we did What If.  It's difficult - the Hudson I know, people know it, it's in Hollywood.   The El Portal is in North Hollywood, although they do get audiences out there and they do very well.  Both theaters are nice, although the El Portal, being a former movie theater, has great marquee value.  It's also less expensive than the Hudson, and again, I know they'd help us in whatever ways they can, which you don't get at the Hudson.  Which brings us to the Egyptian Arena Theater in Hollywood.  We COULD go in there and open end of November.  The inside of the theater is nice, and the size of the stage would work really well for us.  BUTT - the neighborhood is funky (it's right off Hollywood Blvd - south - on Las Palmas, literally located in back of the famous Egyptian Theater, now the home of the American Cinematheque.  There's a funky little marquee on Las Palmas, but to get to the theater you have to walk through a parking lot - it's a bit weird.  It's priced well, we could open this year, etc.  But, if we wait until January, at least we don't have to be concerned about the holidays.  I welcome all opinions.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up