Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIPPODROME? THE HIPPODROME  (Read 51751 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE HIPPODROME? THE HIPPODROME
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »

John Kander is 24 days older than my mother.   Now that's trivia

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2007, 05:00:37 PM »

Laura's British get-a-way home:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2007, 05:04:54 PM »

Perhaps, but I live within an hour of where Donna Reed grew up...

Well..... your description of your activities and accomplishments was pretty impressive Cilla, so i gues we can share the title.

Interesting Trivia Dept. (or not)...... Donna Reed married her real husband in 1945, the year I as born.  And Donna's "best friend" on the show, Midge, was played by actress Ann McCrea, and Ann is the mother-in-law of a couple that I know here in Phoenix.  I've met and socialized with Ann and her husband several times when they have been visiting here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »

Well..... your description of your activities and accomplishments was pretty impressive Cilla, so i gues we can share the title.

Interesting Trivia Dept. (or not)...... Donna Reed married her real husband in 1945, the year I as born.  And Donna's "best friend" on the show, Midge, was played by actress Ann McCrea, and Ann is the mother-in-law of a couple that I know here in Phoenix.  I've met and socialized with Ann and her husband several times when they have been visiting here.

DR MusicGuy, sweet of you to offer, but I'll let you have the title. I clean and do projects in a burst of activity on fairly rare occasions. At other times Donna Reed would shreik in horror if she saw the state of my house.... ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2007, 05:16:15 PM »

TAR fans....the NCAA basketball tourney is still on, so TAR will be late tonight. Not quite sure how much

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »

Dennison does a lot to honor Donna Reed. Here's a link if you're interested  http://www.donnareed.org/

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2007, 05:24:45 PM »

Boy that apple crisp was good....so good I had 2 helpings...mmmm

Jennifer

« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2007, 05:26:07 PM »

RE: TAR.  I think those delays would annoy me. That's one thing that we don't have to worry about her (since TAR is broadcast on a canadian station as well).

I would actually like to vote for GREASE. But they only give you a couple of hours. And usually by the time i watch it and get online again it is usually the next morning.

Hopefully tonight's show will let us see some acting and some pairing up.  Otherwise i truly do not see the point in the voting.

Jennifer

« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »

Hmmm, I am hungry. I think I will find something to eat and get ready for TAR. Thankfully it only took a couple of days for me to recuperate from last week's show! :)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2007, 05:29:26 PM »

Finally home after a long weekend with my grandma and cousin--sans internet.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Ginny

« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »

DR MBarnum - your house reminds me of the one in which DH Richard and I lived for the first 7 years of our marriage.  And all the work that earned you your sore muscles really shows!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »

Poor Bill!

LA OBSERVED

In a blog post today, Winchell recounts her and Germain telling a story last night of boorish and elitist behavior by O'Reilly on a trip to Los Angeles.
:
Apparently, he was not pleased with the efforts staffers had made for him. In particular, he was extremely unhappy with the croissants that were laid out for him.

Not because he is against the French and everything they have to offer. No, that would almost show some character on his part. I mean, it would be obnoxious, but consistent with his professed beliefs, so you'd have to give him points for walking the walk.

No this was a bigger problem. Much bigger.

The croissants were not fresh enough.

Apparently, there is no room for store bought baked goods in the No Spin Zone. They must be from a bakery. And they must be baked fresh, very fresh. Which is why he insisted that a baker in Beverly Hills be summoned to create a fresh batch, just for him. Post haste.

Because Bill is just folks, you know. A regular guy.
He followed that up by demanding that a helicopter take him to Orange County for his next appearance, because he didn't want to spend an hour in the limousine the station had arranged for him. That was too much to ask.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2007, 05:40:26 PM »

RE: TAR.  I think those delays would annoy me. That's one thing that we don't have to worry about her (since TAR is broadcast on a canadian station as well).

I would actually like to vote for GREASE. But they only give you a couple of hours. And usually by the time i watch it and get online again it is usually the next morning.

Hopefully tonight's show will let us see some acting and some pairing up.  Otherwise i truly do not see the point in the voting.

Well... I don't think any of the acting portions of their "audition" will ever be aired.  However, there is a chance - and a slim one at that - some acting may be featured when it comes down to the final two Danny's and Sandy's.  In other words, next week.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2007, 05:41:20 PM »

Boy that apple crisp was good....so good I had 2 helpings...mmmm

And a serving equaled a "half"?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »

Well... I made a run up to the store to pick up some salad stuff and sodas to go with the pizza... And I also picked up a slice of an orange cream cake from their deli counter - only $1.49!  And soooooo good.  Just the indulgence I needed.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2007, 05:44:10 PM »

Still synching...la...la...la....
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2007, 05:45:08 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »

Technical question for DR Jose, or anyone:

Can I use the FireWire external charger that came with my iPod Mini to charge my Nano?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »

Dakota thanks for the vibes.  Glad you had a fun holiday.
Vibes to you, your father and your family “stuff”.  

Jennifer

« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2007, 05:52:06 PM »

Well... I don't think any of the acting portions of their "audition" will ever be aired.  However, there is a chance - and a slim one at that - some acting may be featured when it comes down to the final two Danny's and Sandy's.  In other words, next week.

But if they don't show us the dannys and sandys in different pairings how will we know who has chemistry?

And if we don't get to see them act, how will we know who CAN ACT.

I mean they make it seem like they are serious about casting the show. And then they do not give us the information needed to make a decision.

So basically we are just suppoed to take Kathleen's word on who can act and who can't??????????????????

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2007, 05:52:21 PM »

Hmmm, I am hungry. I think I will find something to eat and get ready for TAR. Thankfully it only took a couple of days for me to recuperate from last week's show! :)

Yeah DR Jennifer...I knew you'd find a way to watch again... ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »

Technical question for DR Jose, or anyone:

Can I use the FireWire external charger that came with my iPod Mini to charge my Nano?

Yes.  If the non-FireWire end fits into your Mini... But there may be an incompatibility depending what generation Mini and Nano you're using.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »

Yes.  If the non-FireWire end fits into your Mini... But there may be an incompatibility depending what generation Mini and Nano you're using.

-And if there is a compatibility issue, then the charging end won't fit.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2007, 05:57:36 PM »

But if they don't show us the dannys and sandys in different pairings how will we know who has chemistry?

I mean they make it seem like they are serious about casting the show. And then they do not give us the information needed to make a decision.

So basically we are just suppoed to take Kathleen's word on who can act and who can't??????????????????

DR Jennifer, it sounds like you take this more seriously than they do...at least that's my guess

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2007, 05:57:49 PM »

Nice chair!  I'm going to be looking for one of those soon. We don't have an office max  :(

Well, they do have a website www.officemax.com.  I find that their prices are lower than Staples, too.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2007, 05:59:47 PM »

In a word, "Yes."

:-\

However... They can "act" through the songs.  "Chemistry" or the lack thereof can be determined while singing duets.

Sometimes.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »

Well, they do have a website www.officemax.com.  I find that their prices are lower than Staples, too.

Thanks. The only problem is I like to sit in the chair first.  I've seen some that look good but aren't comfortable

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2007, 06:03:49 PM »

Just saw a promo for what has potential to be a cute show called "Thank God You're Here" where a celebrity walks in to a scene - but doesn't know anything about it before he or she is there and has to improv.   At least that's the gist of what I got from the promo.  I believe this was a series somewhere else...Australia maybe...Tomovoz?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »

TAR fans....the NCAA basketball tourney is still on, so TAR will be late tonight. Not quite sure how much

I've already told Tivo to record up to one and a half hour extra, just in case.

That Trojans over Texas win really screwed up my brackets.  Grrrr...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2007, 06:09:26 PM »

Dear DR Hunk....(or MB) - What type is that lovely BIG tree in your backyard?  I wish I could see the upper part of it (but it may not be leafed out yet up in your part of the world)..

I always forget what type of tree it is...I just call it "the big tree." I will take a snapshot of it when the leaves are back.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up