Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIPPODROME? THE HIPPODROME  (Read 51717 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re:THE HIPPODROME? THE HIPPODROME
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »

Went shopping today.  Came home with a lot of cabbage, salad mix, chicken breast and ground turkey.  Proceeded to bake the chicken breasts with some Mrs. Dash and create a no sodium no fat turkey sausage with the ground turkey.  Much imagination required.  A little spray butter will go a long way with this diet.  We start tomorrow.  Tonight - a steak dinner :P

FJL

« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2007, 07:17:43 PM »

Page nine

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2007, 07:17:56 PM »

Page nine dance.  I vote for the Shipoopi

FJL

« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »

And it's nine o'clock

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2007, 07:19:31 PM »

Der Brucer was watching Sleaze - We're The One's You Spend Good Money On Phone Calls For, I just listened.  

What the heck was that with the two guys saying why they thought they should win?  They both turned the show into Queen For a Day!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »

And tonight's "losing" GREASE male seems to have been promised a more assured future career than the other two - for now, anyway

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2007, 07:20:54 PM »

And tonight's "losing" GREASE male seems to have been promised a more assured future career than the other two - for now, anyway

Oh, the tales I could tell...  And will... Tomorrow.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2007, 07:22:08 PM »

And since it was/is an "audition", any of the losers could be called in to read and sing for other roles in the show.  And probably will be.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2007, 07:23:30 PM »

Went shopping today.  Came home with a lot of cabbage, salad mix, chicken breast and ground turkey.  Proceeded to bake the chicken breasts with some Mrs. Dash and create a no sodium no fat turkey sausage with the ground turkey.  Much imagination required.  A little spray butter will go a long way with this diet.  We start tomorrow.

Ooof.

Read the ingredients on the Mrs. Dash - you might be able to save money creating your own.

Tonight - a steak dinner :P
Well, here I'm with you.  We're also doing steak, along with mac and cheese, and Stouffer's spinach souflee.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2007, 07:28:36 PM »

\

Thank -you for the set-up.

der Brucer

Admittedly, I enjoy providing set-ups for jokes, but that one was unintended and unforeseen.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2007, 07:31:59 PM »

All this MattH inspired Susie Homemaker frenzy even inspired me to do two loads of laundry and one of dishes - that's it for 2007!

der Brucer

Gosh, I must have logged off just before it started. The homemaker frenzy didn't reach me at all!  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

Ooof.

Read the ingredients on the Mrs. Dash - you might be able to save money creating your own.

Well, with the price of produce creeping up due to the harsh winter, a bottle of dehydrated veggies may end up being cheaper at this point.  Besides, it saves on chopping and mincing time.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2007, 07:33:46 PM »

DR Matthew - What is this "Extreme Body Makeover" diet?  Did I miss it on "Oprah"?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2007, 07:36:21 PM »

HA!  I stripped the wall paper off one wall in the bathroom, scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen floors on my hands and knees (as my mother says "It's the only way to really get them clean") ran the vacuum throughout the rest of the house, went to the grocery store, peeled apples and made an apple crisp that is now baking in the oven, threw out a bunch of garbage and.... oh yeah, right after I signed off earlier I made a homemade corned beef hash for lunch...passed out....yeah right  ;)

I am forever amazed at CILLALIZ'S motivation and stamina!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2007, 07:37:47 PM »

DR Matthew - What is this "Extreme Body Makeover" diet?  Did I miss it on "Oprah"?  ;)

Ah, I just Googled it... I've seen the informercial. -And I have to say, it sounds like one of the more sensible plans out there.

Eat well and often.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »

My eyes must be going. I read that as Eat well and austin.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2007, 07:40:47 PM »

Somefolks will do anything for an upgrade!

der Brucer

I imagine that WAS quite a surprise.

Tomovoz

« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »

Just saw a promo for what has potential to be a cute show called "Thank God You're Here" where a celebrity walks in to a scene - but doesn't know anything about it before he or she is there and has to improv.   At least that's the gist of what I got from the promo.  I believe this was a series somewhere else...Australia maybe...Tomovoz?
Very successful show here - with the critics and the punters.
I did not watch it.  The team behind the show has an excellent track record with Tv and film. I think "Front Line" may have made it to cable in the USA.   Their biggest success here was the film "The Castle". I prefer their second feature "The Dish"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: March 18, 2007, 07:43:06 PM »

DS Rob and I made an excursion to Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati today to trade in my blue iPod mini on a racy new red 8gig iPod Nano.  It's syncing with my iTunes as I type.

Midlife crisis, my dear? :)

Ginny

« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »

Midlife crisis, my dear? :)

To quote Grease:  "There are worse things I could do..."   ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

Once again for the many DRs who email (OK it's just François), I'm hoping my email problems will be sorted out today.  

Again many thanks to DR DtM for shedding some light on our piazza.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2007, 07:47:45 PM »

I've already told Tivo to record up to one and a half hour extra, just in case.

That Trojans over Texas win really screwed up my brackets.  Grrrr...
Trojans Over Texas - that's the title of the next cheap tape in DR Elmore's VCR!!!

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »

When men take that attitude toward bride selection, everybody gets all huffy!

der Brucer

Aren't you a few years behind, DER BRUCER?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2007, 07:53:18 PM »

Well, with the price of produce creeping up due to the harsh winter, a bottle of dehydrated veggies may end up being cheaper at this point.  Besides, it saves on chopping and mincing time.  ;)
I'm not that good at "mincing."   ::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2007, 07:59:49 PM »

Time to get dinner on the table.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2007, 08:09:14 PM »

I'm not that good at "mincing."   ::)

Well, goodness knows there are several folks here who can direct you toward a master class should you ever want one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 08:10:02 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2007, 08:11:05 PM »

Since TAR wasn't delayed here i watched GREASE at 9pm.

Here's what i thought.

SPOILERS.

We definitely have a danny and sandy. Max and laura.

They were both my favorites before tonight. But i was not sure how they would work together.

First off, i think america made the right choice eliminating allie and derek. I think they were the weakest, IMO. Especially allie.

I actually really liked the show this week. I thought that the side by side duets (ashley singing and then laura singing parts from the same song AND then austin and max doing the same) was a really good choice. It let you compare.

And i liked seeing the male/female combinations.

After seeing the show I was convinced that laura and max are the best combination.

Kathleen marshall actually said something smart. She said to look at who you believe when you watch them.  The choice for the women seems completely clear cut.  And i actually liked ashley a lot when she first auditioned.  But when i watch her i feel nothing. Except that she is mugging for the camera. I really don't feel any emotion. And i like watching her less and less each week. In fact the only thing i liked of her tonight was watching her sister's taped bit.

As for laura, she mesmerizes me. And what she said was true. She has improved and grown so much during this competition.

As for austin, he is fine. I like him alright and think he the most well rounded probably out of everybody. But he seems slightly fake to me. And while i would be okay if he won. I really do prefer max.

And then there is max. I love him. He has grown so much as well. I love watching him. He feels everything he does.

But what clinched it was the second i saw laura and max sing together.  It was really something. I really think they would be good together.

So imagine my surprise when all 3 judges said laura and max were the best.  I thought the votes would be split, especially since ashley looks the part. And since austin has so much experience.  But it was unanimous.

I was happy they let the judges speak. Because to me that is the most interesting part.  I thought they were all pretty nice about how they felt.  But i also think america is very swayed by what the judges say. So i do think max and laura will win.

Although it was interesting that they said there was only 1% difference between max and austin. I'm assuming that means that laura beat ashley by much more.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2007, 08:14:29 PM »

Let's see, best singer -- Austin; best dancer - Austin, best actor - Austin; best-looking - Austin.

Choice for Danny -- Max?

Blech!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »

Although it was interesting that they said there was only 1% difference between max and austin. I'm assuming that means that laura beat ashley by much more.

Well, I'm guessing that 1% of the vote probably on "Grease..." is probably equal to 0.0001% of the vote on "American Idol".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2007, 08:17:14 PM »

And I just finished watching the last ten minutes of "Grease..." courtesy of the DVR...

And now I want some crackers.  To go with all that cheese.  ;D

But seriously...  -Well, as serious as one can be about this whole enterprise...

I wonder if the last duet was chosen for the contestants since the casting for the Toronto company of "Dirty Dancing" is currently underway.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up