Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 21517 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2006, 04:54:06 PM »

Wow what a great Lucy photo!

Yup...Lucille Ball was a great beauty....she didn't have a bad side...
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2006, 04:54:32 PM »

Thanks for the Judy info....didn't think much of that when I saw it the first time.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2006, 04:56:44 PM »

Page Five Carmen Miranda dance!  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2006, 04:57:34 PM »

Off to watch some TeeVee

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2006, 05:03:35 PM »

SWW congratulations on your bittersweet news.  I happen to think 15 is a wonderful age for a boy to have a dog.  That was Craig’s age when we got Echo. Maybe both boys can attend the dog training classes.

Jose you might need to do some “back appropriate” stretches before and after you exercise, even a few before going to bed.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2006, 05:04:43 PM »

I don't really have a pressing need to watch Judy Garland: By Myself.  It's part of the supplemental features to the two-disc Easter Parade DVD, which I can watch at any time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2006, 05:08:59 PM »

SWW congratulations on your bittersweet news.  I happen to think 15 is a wonderful age for a boy to have a dog.  That was Craig’s age when we got Echo. Maybe both boys can attend the dog training classes.
Why do we call it bittersweet?  I'm not bitter at all, far from that.  I'm happy with a seasoning of sadness, and it's quite a good feeling.

Jose you might need to do some “back appropriate” stretches before and after you exercise, even a few before going to bed.
Oh, DR Jane!  Are you suggesting DR Jose excercises in bed?

:o :o :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2006, 05:09:48 PM »

I just got this announcement from Skip Kennon:

JUST A REMINDER....31 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. ...YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS... To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

As a non-cell phone owner it's my good deed for the day.

Well, I don't have a cellphone, but DR MBarnum has let me know this is an urban legend.  I don't know why I got this from Skip, unless he thought - as did I - he was doing someone a favor.  Now I feel bitchy and manic,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

Danise sorry I had to post and run.  For a brief time we had Sprint and they also sent emails with voice mail.  I liked that.  When we first switched to Qwest and lost the email notification I kept forgetting to check for messages.  Our new telephones flash lights at us when we have voicemail which is nice.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2006, 05:11:56 PM »

I was thinking of a movie today....did anyone else see THE STRAWBERRY STATEMENT?

I loved that film.  Especially Buffy Sainte-Marie singing the end credits.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »

Why do we call it bittersweet?  I'm not bitter at all, far from that.  I'm happy with a seasoning of sadness, and it's quite a good feeling.Oh, DR Jane!  Are you suggesting DR Jose excercises in bed?

:o :o :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bittersweet sounds better than sadsweet.

I am not suggesting DR Jose exercise in bed, while he might loose more weight it would most likely make his back hurt more.   ;)  Did I say that!  :o

Jason

« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2006, 05:17:09 PM »

Back from Bean Town. What a wonderful trip - I had a blast. And now I'm back to the land of nosy roommates...

I had an absolutely amazing time with my old friend, Julie, who treated me to a fantastic culinary tour of Boston. I even drank cappuccino, which for me is a big deal as I hate coffee. Truth be told, with a good deal of sugar, it wasn't bad!

Anyway, I'm back. Hope I didn't miss too much. Now I'm off to scrounge around for some dinner...

DR Jose: Are you still thinking of coming up tomorrow night? There's a Boys' Night at Splash with a bunch of folks from my office...

Jane

« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2006, 05:19:39 PM »

Beautiful photo of Lucy!  I love her hair color there, more strawberry than red.  I never thought she was as beautiful with the red hair.  

Jane

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2006, 05:21:25 PM »

YIKES....yes I do....and she will be on your CD!

:D :D :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »

Bittersweet sounds better than sadsweet.

I am not suggesting DR Jose exercise in bed, while he might loose more weight it would most likely make his back hurt more.   ;)  Did I say that!  :o

Naughty nursie!

Jane

« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

Hi elmore.  Want some fudge?

Jane

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »

Cillaliz, what did you think of THE SQUID AND THE WHALE?  We also saw it today, thought it was good and the actors all did a fine job, but we felt as if there should have been more.  It felt orchestrated.  After reading the reviews and hearing the hype about the movie we were expecting to walk away feeling more satisfied and with more insight into the circumstances of the family.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2006, 05:42:46 PM »

Hi elmore.  Want some fudge?

Always!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2006, 05:53:06 PM »

Gotta sign off.  Time for the first episode of BLEAK HOUSE.  I love Dickens.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2006, 05:57:55 PM »

elmore thank you for the BLEAK HOUSE reminder.  I would have missed it.  At first I couldn't find it on TIVO, until I searched Masterpiece Theater.  Now it is set to record tonight while we watch our DVD of PARROTS OF TELEGRAPH HILL.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 06:33:31 PM by Jane »

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2006, 06:02:42 PM »

I have nothing to say.

But I am caught up on the posts!  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »

I guess I do have something to say...I wish tomorrow weren't a work day! LOL!

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »

Cillaliz, what did you think of THE SQUID AND THE WHALE?  We also saw it today, thought it was good and the actors all did a fine job, but we felt as if there should have been more.  It felt orchestrated.  After reading the reviews and hearing the hype about the movie we were expecting to walk away feeling more satisfied and with more insight into the circumstances of the family.

actually, I didn't go. I was sitting in my chair and when I thought about the energy it would take to go, I just thought, oh forget it.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2006, 06:13:16 PM »

Darn.  I really wanted to know your reaction.  I'm sure you needed to rest today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2006, 06:15:33 PM »

DR Cillaliz actually P Master was not invited to be on the show (Dancing with the stars).  His son little Romeo was supposed to be on.  He just replaced him last minute after an injury.

I don't think that the judges need to be all sweet and mushy.  It's a competition and if you suck, then you should get bad marks.  Other than the one comment where the head judge told him that he should be off the show I actually think the judges have been very kind to him.  IMO, he in no way deserved the marks of 5 and 6 that he got.

I guess we see this differently, but I don't find the judges were too harsh on any of them.  Obviously it's a tv show, and the criticisms are what get the ratings.  But I really think they were juding people on how they truly believed they did.  Nobody forced any of those celebs to do the show.  And the judges have totally praised those who have grown.  I did not see any ridiculing. In fact I think they have been overly generous to most of them.

Last year's winner was not too good at the beginning. But she improved and at the end she won.  I don't see what good it does to keep the worst dancers around.  I want to see a competition amongst the best.

I guess we do disagree, I don't expect the judges to be all nice and mushy, but they don't need to be rude.  I really enjoyed the show last season and this year the judges have ruined it.  The contestants were wincing when they had to go to the judges. That isn't right. They can give constructive criticism without being nasty. Maybe it's just my take on it.  If they are that nasty next week I won't watch anymore - not worth it.

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2006, 06:20:04 PM »

Sunday evening greetings from  :'( SW Ohio.  DH Richard and I are home after a glorious week in New York City.  The flight went smoothly and we stopped for a quick dinner with our DS Rob in Cincinnati on our way home from the airport.  Fortunately, I don't have to go back to work until noon Tuesday, so have a while to decompress.  And have my teeth cleaned tomorrow morning.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2006, 06:28:19 PM »

Found this on another website - too much of it is too true!

I would have to question a few of them.. My work hours mean I go to bed at 3 or 4 am.... Sleeping at 6am, most of the time.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2006, 06:30:54 PM »

Since we are already praying for Rosemary's Baby, could we also pray for the Seattle Seahawks!

(No offense to Carolina fans)

Prefer ice hockey, I am a diehard Minnesota Wild fan....

My Minnesota Vikings choked....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2006, 06:31:50 PM »

The Seattle SeaHawks are having a baby?

What's the due-date?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2006, 06:35:43 PM »

Hi Ginny.  It was fun traveling to NY with you.  I'm also getting my teeth cleaned tomorrow.  Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up