Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU KNOW THE DRILL  (Read 20817 times)

François de Paris

Re:YOU KNOW THE DRILL
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2005, 04:42:42 PM »

ANAL BOOBS is the title of my next... movie! LOL!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2005, 04:46:24 PM »

Welcome home Larry and good vibes to Sue Birch.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 04:47:55 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2005, 04:52:51 PM »

I deleted the second post.  I'm having major problems going from page to page and posting.  Or I was having problems, seems to be working now that I have to leave. ;D

Jane

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2005, 04:56:10 PM »

LOL François.  I responded to your post which you have apparently deleted after noticing I deleted my duplicate post on page 3.

Did anyone else follow that? :D

François de Paris

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2005, 05:02:30 PM »

Shaiman hears 'inner song' in 'Bob' musical

By Borys Kit Fri Nov 4, 3:17 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tony-winning composer-lyricist Marc Shaiman has signed on for musical duties on Disney's "Bob the Musical."
ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Waters ("Mean Girls") is attached to direct the comedy, which follows a mild-mannered man who suddenly hears the "inner song" of people's hearts after being struck in the head.

"Once I read the script, I felt I had to do it," said Shaiman, who was nominated for an Oscar for co-writing the song "Blame Canada" in 1999's "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut."

"I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if someone else did it. It's a very sweet valentine to musicals, but (it) sends them up at the same time."

Shaiman said the script will show why people sing in musicals.

"The emotions are so strong that dialogue is not enough. It takes that and shows it in a literal sense and a magical sense. And each person he comes across, male and female, has a different point of view and different emotion, and they'll be different generationally and socially, so each song will be unique. It's our way to have our cake and eat it, too, with many different styles."

Shaiman, who won a Tony as composer and co-lyricist on Broadway's "Hairspray," is a five-time Academy Award nominee for his work on such movies as "The First Wives Club" and "The American President." He is working on the stage musical of "Catch Me If You Can."

François de Paris

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2005, 05:03:43 PM »

LOL François.  I responded to your post which you have apparently deleted after noticing I deleted my duplicate post on page 3.

Did anyone else follow that? :D

No! I don't think so!
It's just the two of us, baby!! ;) (Ooops! Pardon my French!)

François de Paris

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2005, 05:06:02 PM »

Well, it's not Dick & Jane!

Tonight, it's a one time musical: François & Jane!

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2005, 05:40:38 PM »

Just for BK, a page 4 Leslie Parrish dance!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 05:41:04 PM by MBarnum »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2005, 05:52:56 PM »

Welcome home to DR ELMORE....and to echo his sentiments:  Nice New Avatar, DR RODZINSKI.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2005, 05:56:24 PM »

Just for BK, a page 4 Leslie Parrish dance!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

DRMBarnum, go out and buy the new Nov/Dec issue of FANFARE magazine, a classical music magazine:  there are a couple of articles on Bollywood music you will enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 05:56:44 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2005, 06:00:35 PM »

DR MATTH good news about the Dolls and Beyond DVD's!  BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S - what a lovely movie....in all ways.

DR CILLALIZ thanks for reminding me of WHERE THE TRUTH LIES....another I am looking forward to.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2005, 06:01:28 PM »

FANFARE?

That's the movie that they're shooting in JACQUELINE SUSANN'S VALLEY OF THE DOLLS - the miniseries!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2005, 06:02:59 PM »

I saw WICKED, WICKED when it was first released, yes I paid top dollar to sit in the new Jerry Lewis Cinema and see it.

As for Duovision - it was like watching two different movies on two 19" television sets side-by-side.  Tiffany's wailing of the title tune is one of the few things I do remember....only because it was awesome in its awfulness.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2005, 06:43:33 PM »

What a day!  What a fine day!  What a glorious day!

Gloriosky!  It was a KEEN day.

I got up, I posted a box (returning some shoes to Magellan's), I "sat" for eyeglass fittings, I shopped at Tower Records (for the first time in YEARS and ONLY bought DVDs!!!), I shopped at Trader Joe's (bought my weight in various pistachios), I took lunch at Burger King (a classic Whopper and medium Coca Cola), I picked up my glasses, I shopped at Harry & David's (don't ask!!! I won't tell!), I shopped at Cingular (nothing major), and then I returned here to the home cocoon.

I called my mom and we chatted a while, and laughed at the antics (i.e., the tomfoolery) of some of our relations, and then I watched "Two for the Road" and LOVED it all over again (and it looks just fine to me!!).

I've made a gallon of iced tea, I'm prepping supper and contemplating what I shall watch next.

Oh, yes!  I was pleasant to everyone I came into contact with.  That was a treat for me (and them).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 08:16:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

DR Jose:  Thank you for the comments on "Lestat."  I perfectly understand your cautiousness at forming opinions at this early date.  I'm sure you had a wonderful week, and I cannot wait until the show crystallizes on the stage in San Francisco.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2005, 07:19:05 PM »

Good evening, everyone!
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2005, 07:20:31 PM »

Oh, dear, oh, dear, this will NOT do, oh, no, this will not do.  Let us not achieve a new low here at haineshisway.com.  Let us get off our lazy butt cheeks and get some postin' goin' on.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2005, 07:20:48 PM »

I must see Wicked, Wicked in Duovision.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2005, 07:22:52 PM »

TOD

Shows:  To be honest, I am so excited and aroused by Sweeney Todd that I really can't concentrate on anything else new.  However, the description of Bob sounds like a lot of fun!

Movies:  Brokeback Mountain, CHRONICLES OF NARNIA (which I have read to shreds over my entire life, not just as a kid), Goblet of Fire, Producers, Rent, and... I'm sure there are more I'm not remembering.  However, I'm so excited about Narnia that I could just cry with... er... myself.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2005, 07:23:48 PM »

I must decide whether I need to eat anything else this evening.  At luncheon, I had a corned beef sandwich with cole slaw and Russian dressing (on the sandwich) - but the nice thing about Langer's that is quite different than Jerry's Deli or Art's Deli is that the sandwiches are not huge.  They are normal-sized.  So, I had that and Pogue and I split some kishka (they have the best kishka anywhere - period).  So, I could conceivably eat a little something else this fine evening.  I'm trying to get through the Mario Bava movie I'm watching, but I'm finding it a bit of a trial and I may switch over to something else.

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2005, 07:24:16 PM »

It is a lazy spring day here in Oz. I've been spending my time attempting to "clean" up "50 Guitars Go South Of The Border Vol 2" in readiness to transfer it to CD.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »

BK:  I do so love Panera.  When I worked in Branson, it was the thing that saved me from turning into a chicken fried woman.  Branson is not exactly a healthy eating paradise.  One word:  BUFFET.  Anyway, I love the chicken noodle soup at Panera, and the Greek Salad is fantabulous.  And they have fresh-brewed iced tea, which is such a godsend at a fast-food place.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2005, 07:25:22 PM »

Jose, Stuart?  Stuart who?  Is he in the business?  Oh boy, Jose's got a boyfriend, Jose's got a boyfriend...  :)

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2005, 07:27:10 PM »

Matt H, I do SO love Fantasia, and I honestly thought Fantasia 2000 would be crap; but it was beautiful!  I love the Rhapsody in Blue, with the Hirschfeld line drawing cartoon -- absolutely brilliant and so moving.  There was something else in it too that was just amazing and really got to me emotionally... but now I can't remember.  It was too long ago that I saw it.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2005, 07:31:12 PM »

Anybody know any pop singers -- GOOD ONES, and not musical theatre people, real pop singers, although they can certainly be both if they can really honestly do pop very well -- who are looking for a recording contract?  Sounds like a dumb question, but I'm trying to update my files for a possible casting gig.  

Speaking of casting, the auditions for the student film, "Inevitable", are on Monday.  I'm pretty pleased with the schedule I have now, lots of the actors to whom I responded have confirmed their auditions, so that's nice.  I'm very excited to do my first solo flight as a casting director!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2005, 07:33:30 PM »

At luncheon, I had a corned beef sandwich with cole slaw and Russian dressing (on the sandwich)

drool..............................

François de Paris

« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2005, 07:43:05 PM »

I'm sure you had a wonderful week, and I cannot wait until the show crystallizes on the stage in San Francisco.

I guess you mean... coagulates!?!? :D

François de Paris

« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2005, 07:45:26 PM »

It is a lazy spring day here in Oz. I've been spending my time attempting to "clean" up "50 Guitars Go South Of The Border Vol 2" in readiness to transfer it to CD.

Hummm... what is "south of the border" when one lives in Oz?!

François de Paris

« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2005, 07:48:15 PM »

Matt H, I do SO love Fantasia, and I honestly thought Fantasia 2000 would be crap; but it was beautiful!  I love the Rhapsody in Blue, with the Hirschfeld line drawing cartoon -- absolutely brilliant and so moving.  There was something else in it too that was just amazing and really got to me emotionally... but now I can't remember.  It was too long ago that I saw it.

Yes, but showing it in IMAX was so dreadful!!
(I have to confess that I did see it on "regular" screens, the way it was made to be seen!)

François de Paris

« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2005, 07:53:31 PM »

There was something else in it too that was just amazing and really got to me emotionally... but now I can't remember.  It was too long ago that I saw it.

Can't remember the musical piece but was it the "whale thing"? I thought it was so visually stunning!
The Noah's Ark stuff with Donald Duck is, imho, a total mess!

Fantasia 2000 should have been as good and innovative as the first one was! Unfortunately, it was not!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up