Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES  (Read 35444 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE PSYCHEDELIC NOTES
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »

I'm not even going to watch AMERICAN IDOL tonight. I don't need to see two hours of people walking that long walk to the chair in front of the judges, having the judges plays with the person's brain, and then get the news of yes or no.

I'll see the 36 they pick when the semifinals start next week.

Or you can just read the list (it's already been released). But i glanced at it without pictures a while back. And 99% of the names at the time meant nothing.

Actually i am looking forward to tonight's show. The reason being that because it is 2 hours i am pretty sure that they will go back and show us a lot of their auditions (the people we have not seen).

I remember they did this in the past. So i'm hoping to see some of the people i have not seen before.

As I said, I'll see them when they perform an entire song with the band during the semifinals. The names mean absolutely nothing to me anyway. I'll learn their names when they make an impression on me (good or bad) during the semifinal round.

And I have to say that the judges have been impressed with some people I thought were mediocre or worse, so I'm decidedly unenthusiastic that THEY get to have wild card choices again this season.

But, more importantly, you won't get to see the other new "twist" this year: people "Singing For Their Life" - or whatever they're calling it - if they are given a "No" by the judges.

I'd only like the concept if, after they sang badly, they were actually killed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »

Off to meet David Chase.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2009, 08:22:54 AM »

I'm not even going to watch AMERICAN IDOL tonight. I don't need to see two hours of people walking that long walk to the chair in front of the judges, having the judges plays with the person's brain, and then get the news of yes or no.

Or you can just read the list (it's already been released). But i glanced at it without pictures a while back. And 99% of the names at the time meant nothing.

Actually i am looking forward to tonight's show. The reason being that because it is 2 hours i am pretty sure that they will go back and show us a lot of their auditions (the people we have not seen).

I remember they did this in the past. So i'm hoping to see some of the people i have not seen before.

As I said, I'll see them when they perform an entire song with the band during the semifinals. The names mean absolutely nothing to me anyway. I'll learn their names when they make an impression on me (good or bad) during the semifinal round.

And I have to say that the judges have been impressed with some people I thought were mediocre or worse, so I'm decidedly unenthusiastic that THEY get to have wild card choices again this season.

DR MattH - If you don't watch tonight's episode, you won't get to see the new "Judge's Mansion"!!!  -I guess they're not using the old Pasadena Town Hall this year.

But, more importantly, you won't get to see the other new "twist" this year: people "Singing For Their Life" - or whatever they're calling it - if they are given a "No" by the judges.

;D

*Like any last minute singing-plea is truly going to change the mind of the judges and producers.  ::)

Thanks for the alert! Now I KNOW I won't be watching!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2009, 08:25:20 AM »

I like THE YELLOW ROLLS-ROYCE more than bk. No, it's pretty sudsy especially that first section. But I love the stars, and I got interested in all three stories.

It also helps that my first experience with the movie was at Radio City Music Hall, so the presentation was first class. Big stars, mammoth theater, showy MGM production. Sheer heaven!

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2009, 08:25:55 AM »

I'm heading down now to check the mail, straighten up a few things, and then start on preparing some lunch.

WBBL.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »

DR vixmom - I do have to be in midtown this afternoon, and, if it turns out that I can get over to Studio 54 before or after the matinee, I shall try my best to look for the vixter your daughter. ;)

I told her there was a "slight possibility" of you being there.  She was very excited to hear that.  Since this is an advanced class for college credits it seems most of the students are upperclassmen and  she is one of the few (or possibly only) 10th grader. 

She thought it would be "fun" to casually introduce to her classmates her friend the Broadway musician
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2009, 08:45:20 AM »

So I did get a can in and managed to get a little nap in as well, about 2 hours.  So that was something!

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2009, 08:47:06 AM »

Ask BK:

Have you looked into the possibility of releasing CDs of music from poverty row films of the 40s? Since most, if not all are now in public domain you might not have any trouble with rights, perhaps.

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2009, 08:48:20 AM »

DR vixmom - I do have to be in midtown this afternoon, and, if it turns out that I can get over to Studio 54 before or after the matinee, I shall try my best to look for the vixter your daughter. ;)

I told her there was a "slight possibility" of you being there.  She was very excited to hear that.  Since this is an advanced class for college credits it seems most of the students are upperclassmen and  she is one of the few (or possibly only) 10th grader. 

She thought it would be "fun" to casually introduce to her classmates her friend the Broadway musician

Ooo, I hope we get a picture!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »

RATS!  I was just going to make Vixdad a Valentine's Card and I discovered the printer is out of ink.

vixmom

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2009, 08:57:57 AM »

Hi Ginny - I meant to tell you Vixter had a wonderful time on Saturday picking and downlaoding songs for her IPOD.  She was excited to see that the charge was 99 cents and there was no tax, she had expected to pay tax so she only picked about 10 songs.

So now she still has some money left to buy more at a later date.

Thank you again for your generosity.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »

Oy--I've had a mad burst of activity this morning.  My office was once again awash in umpteen piles of paper, so I have plowed through all of those, gotten my business expenses logged in my handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet, taken out the garbage and recycling, and, most importantly, finally listened to Laurette/Prince Jack.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2009, 09:00:19 AM »

It looks like a beautifil sunny day outside and I beleive the temperature is due to be in the 50's.  Nice day for a field trip!

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »

DR Vixmom - you're welcome - she's such a special girl, I thought she deserved a treat!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2009, 09:00:44 AM »

DS Betsy thought that Laurette was unreleased music from To Kill a Mockingbird, which indeed it could have been.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2009, 09:01:07 AM »

Oy--I've had a mad burst of activity this morning.  My office was once again awash in umpteen piles of paper, so I have plowed through all of those, gotten my business expenses logged in my handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet, taken out the garbage and recycling, and, most importantly, finally listened to Laurette/Prince Jack.  ;)

Congratulations on a most productive morning !

vixmom

« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2009, 09:01:48 AM »

DR Vixmom - you're welcome - she's such a special girl, I thought she deserved a treat!

:-* :-*

vixmom

« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »

Vixdad was most suprised when he came back from dropping the Vixter off for school to find his lunch all packed and ready for him.

There is so little I can do around here.  Because of the stomach tube I have been forbidden to lift things over 10 lbs, vaccuum etc, anything that might strain the stomach muscles.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »

Hmmm... The folks over at Acqua Panna and San Pellegrino want to feature some of my food photos on their websites.  Hmmm....  No money involved, but a nice acknowledgment.  Hmmm...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2009, 09:09:37 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And I need to get ready to head out for the afternoon.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »

Did DR Sandra delete a post?   I'm confused...                :-\

Well, it's not like it's the first time....and it certainly won't be the last!    :-*    ;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DAW

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »

I heard that!        >:(

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »

RE: last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

I just wanna say how frustrated i was.

They spent so much time showing the judges shuffling their papers trying to decide who to pick. I"m sorry but that is just wasting time to me. If they want to show that they then should tell us what they are talking about.

There are SO MANY contestants who've made the top 50 who we've never even seen. And if i have to see that whiny tatiana again i will scream. How did she make it to top 50????

It's just crazy. There are certain people (who granted are very good) like the guy who lost his wife. They have shown him a ridiculous amount of times. And then there are people like jen (from the hi-5 group) who they have never shown one second of (well they showed her face a lot last night since she was in the front row of room 4).

I'm sure there are many more people in top 50 we have never seen. Why can't they just show
us all the contestants instead of showing the shuffling of papers!

Gadzooks, Jennifer.   I find it hard enough reconciling that this show is STILL on the air and you're wanting more of what had to be horrible auditons?

Life IS way too short...trust me.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »

Re:  All the "Into the Woods" hoo-haw.

I find the score flat-out brilliant and engaging.  I feel the same way about "A Little Night Music" and "Follies" and, more than any of them, "Sweeney Todd."  They are among a precious few scores I can listen to over and over, straight through and with many repeats!  :)

The Sondheim score I struggle the most with is "Sunday in the Park With George".  Some of it is wonderful and some is downright disengaging.  I'm not particularly fond of "Pacific Overtures", either.  Perhaps, in both cases, it would help to see the shows.

I've not investigated "Passion" or "Bounce."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:28:20 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »

Vixdad was most suprised when he came back from dropping the Vixter off for school to find his lunch all packed and ready for him.

There is so little I can do around here.  Because of the stomach tube I have been forbidden to lift things over 10 lbs, vaccuum etc, anything that might strain the stomach muscles.

What happens when you sneeze?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »

I'd only like the concept if, after they sang badly, they were actually killed.

All that sunshine just pouring out of DR Elmore3003.  I think he's had one too many bottles of giggle drops!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2009, 09:23:39 AM »

Hello, everyone.

It's a lovely day here in the hinterlands.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2009, 09:26:01 AM »

Does DR Jose have another career in the bud?? I can't imagine anyone better qualified to photograph food. And then there's the Monkey at MOMA (and elsewhere).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »

I like THE YELLOW ROLLS-ROYCE more than bk. No, it's pretty sudsy especially that first section. But I love the stars, and I got interested in all three stories.

It also helps that my first experience with the movie was at Radio City Music Hall, so the presentation was first class. Big stars, mammoth theater, showy MGM production. Sheer heaven!

"The Yellow Rolls-Royce" has been a guilty pleasure of mine for 40-plus years.  The score by Ortolani is a treasure.  I think BK said it was "syrupy", but I likes me my syrup on occasion.

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »

Hello, everyone.

It's a lovely day here in the hinterlands.

I'm never entirely sure where you are at any given moment, DR Jeanne, so please forgive me when I ask if by hinterlands you are referencing someplace in Southern California.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up