Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH AND LOW  (Read 70090 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:HIGH AND LOW
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2005, 03:14:03 PM »

Mystery solved re highlighting.  And how easy is it?  Click on the first thing you want to highlight - then press the "Apple" key and highlight the next track, etc.

It had actually stopped raining for all of a half-hour, but has started up again as hard as ever.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2005, 03:26:41 PM »

The Lovely Wife and I are about to depart in this grim-grey, drizzling crap to go and see the Lemony Snickett film.  It better be worth it.  Yuck!  I just want to curl back in my warm bed and read or sleep.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2005, 03:28:49 PM »

BK, I have an album of Shorty Rogers playing the suite he did for Denny Miller's Tarzan film.  The cover is a lion-clothed Denny lifting Shorty up in his arms.  It's a very jazzy score...which figures given that Shorty Rogers was a jazz musician.  Denny autographed it for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2005, 03:39:33 PM »

I'm in for the duration.  I've already driven enough today.  I'll finish the current Edgar Wallace movie, then maybe watch Attack of the Mushroom People or another Edgar Wallace, or maybe one of the hundreds of DVDs sitting here that I haven't watched.  I've made up a big ol' batch of my tuna pasta salad, and I'm staying put.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2005, 03:53:44 PM »

RE writers' rights: Yes, as far as I know, according to the WGA, the writers of movies for television should be sent the director's cut.

RE Tarzan music: As I recall, Charles Fox did an amusing score (on purpose, as it was a comedy-adventure) for TARZAN IN MANHATTAN, a CBS movie-of-the-week which was a backdoor pilot that never happened. Don't bother looking it up - it got relatively bad reviews. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great. My only copy of the DVD is now in someone else's DVD library, so I can't listen to see if I'm right about the music. My favorite section of the score was a scene in which Cheetah is kindnapped by poachers and Tarzan goes to New York to find him - behind which you hear the usual action music - but if you listen carefully you realize that there is a male voice singing "Leave my monkey alone!"...
And, BTW, TZ IN MANHATTAN did sort of become a series - syndicated, not on CBS, and not set in NY. It was shot in Mexico. I co-produced (and wrote) it for a year, then bid a fond farewell. I like to watch Tarzan movies, but living with Tarzan 24/7 was not my thing. The series ran for a few years - played in Canada, too. Perhaps is on there, still. The Canadian DRs might know.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 03:58:22 PM by Panni »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2005, 03:54:12 PM »

This morning's view from our bedroom.

Betsy, the boys, BeeGee and I will be down in just a few hours or so to move in with you.   :D  We want snow, darn it!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2005, 03:58:25 PM »

I now have 127 Overtures on my iPod... that's just from the cast recordings in my collection up to the middle of "O" and a few from iTunes.  What do you want for a rainy/windy Saturday afternoon!!!  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2005, 03:58:41 PM »

I am now listening to Howard Shore's about to be released score for The Aviator.  It's better on CD than in the film, where it is mixed so low you can barely hear it.

Panni

« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2005, 04:00:29 PM »

BTW - There seems to have been some kind of a Superman curse on TZ IN M and the subsequent series. Several of the actors met untimely ends - including TZ's stunt-double.

Panni

« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2005, 04:02:59 PM »

I am now listening to Howard Shore's about to be released score for The Aviator.  It's better on CD than in the film, where it is mixed so low you can barely hear it.
I still say that sections of it are very similar to George Clinton's score for AMELIA EARHART - THE FINAL FLIGHT. (And sections of Clinton's score are very similar to Ravel's Bolero.)

Danise

« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2005, 04:03:29 PM »

I love the snow picture from your window, DR Jane!  I'm not so sure I would want to go out in it but it sure is pretty in the picture.

Good Health vibes to DR Elmore!  I'm so sorry to hear that your under the weather.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2005, 04:04:23 PM »

I'm back from work.  Another day another dollar.

Sorry, BK, I could have answered your mac question(s) if I'd caught up sooner...but seems like you've got it all figured out now.

I'm watching the Seahawks play, and switching to Sabrina when I get bored with that.  

Jennifer

« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2005, 04:12:18 PM »

Question for any DRs who watch MEDIUM.

Did NBC show a new episode on Thursday?  Here NBC showed what the Canadian station was showing, which was the pilot episode.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2005, 04:14:11 PM »

Jennifer, are you attached to your television set?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2005, 04:14:22 PM »

Limbo!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2005, 04:14:59 PM »

Betsy, the boys, BeeGee and I will be down in just a few hours or so to move in with you.   :D  We want snow, darn it!!

I will gladly send it your way.  I need the floor guy to get up our road on Monday and finish our remodeling project already.  On the other hand Keith would LOVE BeeJee. :D

Speaking of BeeJee he must have grown since I saw him.  I want new pictures please.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2005, 04:16:11 PM »

Jennifer we were very disappointed to find the rerun of the pilot and not a new episode of MEDIUM as promised.

François de Paris

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2005, 04:16:49 PM »

Jennifer, are you attached to your television set?

That sounds like a Pedro Almodovar movie situation! :)

Ginny

« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2005, 04:18:15 PM »

Jane - What a lovely snow view you have!  After the foot of snow we had just before Christmas, I thought I'd never want to see another flake, but your picture changed my mind.

Elmore - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  You did the right thing, staying home today.

Favorite Bacharach instrumental:  "Pacific Coast Highway."  When I first heard this, I imagined myself driving a red convertible along the coast.  Now, it's just a staid Buick along the Great Miami River (which is now flooding all over the place, due to massive snow-melt and rain, rain, rain.  Yesterday, my drive to work had a detour.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Panni

« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2005, 04:23:49 PM »

I must log on to share this yucky news. The tenant downstairs  just told me they have RATS. Now, nobody is very fond of rats - but I have a bit of a rat phobia from my childhood when we hid in the coal cellar of our apartment building while the Russians were shooting the #*^% out of everything. We slept on blankets on the floor -- and you can imagine the rest of the story. I'm convinced that this is why to this day I'm the lightest sleeper imaginable. A feather can drop down the block and I'm wide awake and ready for anything.
Mr. Dowstairs Tenant assures me that in the past when they've had this rat problem, the rats never traveled upstairs. Let's hope these rats are creatures of habit.

NO RATS Vibes Please!

Panni

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2005, 04:25:25 PM »

I went back to look at DR Jane's pic. It IS lovely.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2005, 04:28:50 PM »

Limbo!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2005, 04:30:27 PM »

The rain just keeps comin'.  There has been so much rain in the last there days that we now have the phenomenon known as the pot hole occuring here and there.  The little side street that leads to Carny's and Staples and Jerry's and Bed and Bath is almost undriveable so littered with pot holes is it.

Danise

« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2005, 04:32:41 PM »

We also have a phenomenon known as the SINK hole.  Nasty things.  They have been known to swallow houses and cars up whole.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2005, 04:36:42 PM »

Re:  rats.  One of the biggest tips I ever received as a lounge pianist was one night when someone asked me to play "Ben" (the Michael Jackson tune about...well, you know).  I did (it's actually a very sweet little song), at which point she came up and stuffed $80 in my tip jar and told me she had been requesting that song for 20 years and I was the first guy who had known it.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »

I'm gonna dig in to my tuna pasta salad and finish Der Frosche mit der Maske.  Don't aske.

François de Paris

« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

I went back to look at DR Jane's pic. It IS lovely.

Yes, it looks like a Currier & Ives' postcard, doesn't it?

Jane

« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2005, 04:44:58 PM »

Ginny before we moved here I said I didn’t want to live with snow again.  After the first snowfall I was happy to have it again.  Normally I would bundle up with layers (something Danise needs to learn to do) and take Echo for a two hour hike in the fields.  Instead I stayed in and am drinking a glass of wine.

I didn’t stay in all day.  We went into town to look at some artwork, which we purchased, for our newly painted walls.  While shopping we went next door and picked up a bottle of wine at the gourmet kitchen store.  The wine wasn’t very gourmet and we will not be returning for more.  Thanks to the wine I’m ready for a nap, not a good thing since I need to finish reading the book for my meeting on Tuesday.  Thank goodness it is a short one this time.  Obviously the wine is making me talkative.  Giggle giggle.

François de Paris

« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2005, 04:47:58 PM »

We also have a phenomenon known as the SINK hole.  Nasty things.  They have been known to swallow houses and cars up whole.

Yes, that's terrible.... but as long as it's only things that they swallow, it's more business for insurances!

Panni

« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2005, 04:49:01 PM »

I have a question, DRs. (It's a technical thing for a script.) If a person were driving on a highway from one place in Iowa to another place in Iowa, would one refer to driving on the "Interstate"...? This may seem like an odd question, but I hate to get things like this wrong (it's just in the Stage Directions) - and I don't know much about the proper references when it comes Interstate and Freeway, et al.
Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up