Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PROOF  (Read 6254 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: PROOF
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2014, 05:42:52 AM »

TWO!!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2014, 05:45:10 AM »

The left side of my face is swollen to twice its size- but I slept through the night    switching to Aleve and heading to work

Much love and strength vibes to you, vixmom!

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2014, 05:55:35 AM »

Good morning, all.

I had a pretty good sleep, too, and it's a lovely, if only six-degree, day.  Must use it productively.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 06:03:48 AM »

I spent last evening sitting with my friend in the ER after her husband was rushed by ambulance to the hospital. His second heart surgery in a month.

Vibes!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2014, 06:04:05 AM »

DR Singdaw that was a funny honest facebook movie.

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 06:09:07 AM »

DR Elmore's mention of having yet another Drama Book Shop dream immediately resonated with me this time, because two nights ago I had one of my most vivid dreams yet involving former employment.  In my case these can be of either a good or bad nature, and I only wish I knew how many similar dreams on this theme I've had over the past several years.  This recent one was so vivid and affecting, consisting of more the bad stuff than the good, that I was literally aware of forcing myself awake, throwing the covers off and sitting up, in order not to have it continue for one more moment.

Of all the myriad things we dream about, I have to marvel at whatever it is about our various jobs, or situations that are similar to actual jobs, that gets under our skin and enjoys a half life equal to that of plutonium.

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2014, 06:32:45 AM »

TOD

Not so much music listening as movies this week, and I've got much to ketchup on.  In the still-watching and to-be-watched-forthwith stacks are MAN IN THE DARK (in 3-D) and other Twilight Time releases.  In fact, those others (ZULU, KHARTOUM and more) might still have to wait a bit.  Also, I was way too tired last night to even start THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI, so that will be tonight and I am totally looking forward to reacquainting myself with this one.

But before that, something a little different:  Today I'm taking advantage of a second chance to see GRAVITY -- not only in the theater, but in IMAX 3-D.  I was sorry to have missed that experience on its first time around and have vowed not to let this second chance go by.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 06:40:18 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!

The printer is bubbling away, and I am waiting on the piano tuner.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 07:15:53 AM »

TOD:

Assuming they arrive:

MAVERICK, Season 3
THE RELUCTANT SAINT
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 07:34:22 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  It's clear and sunny, but cold, cold, cold in SW Ohio today. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2014, 07:34:45 AM »

Vibes to the husband of DR Laura's friend!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2014, 07:36:38 AM »

DR Elmore's mention of having yet another Drama Book Shop dream immediately resonated with me this time, because two nights ago I had one of my most vivid dreams yet involving former employment.  In my case these can be of either a good or bad nature, and I only wish I knew how many similar dreams on this theme I've had over the past several years.  This recent one was so vivid and affecting, consisting of more the bad stuff than the good, that I was literally aware of forcing myself awake, throwing the covers off and sitting up, in order not to have it continue for one more moment.

Of all the myriad things we dream about, I have to marvel at whatever it is about our various jobs, or situations that are similar to actual jobs, that gets under our skin and enjoys a half life equal to that of plutonium.

Just last week, while we were in GA, I had my librarian dream - the one where I'm trying to close the library for the night and can't get all the people to leave.  It's always the building where I started my career and where I was manager for 6 years before Rob was born.

Laura

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 07:39:56 AM »

Thanks, everyone.

Vibes to Vixmom for quick healing.

Vibes to Cillaliz to find out what's going on and an easy fix.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 07:51:02 AM »

The left side of my face is swollen to twice its size- but I slept through the night    switching to Aleve and heading to work

Vibes your day goes well!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 07:55:47 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes for Cillaliz, Vixmom and Laura's friend.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:14 AM »

Singdaw, that Facebook spoof was hilarious.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2014, 08:09:42 AM »

Congrats to DR SINGDAW on his employment.

Continued healing vibes for DR VIXMOM......

And for the friend of DR LAURA.

DR CILLA LIZ, I agree....time to find a new doctor.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2014, 08:10:56 AM »

Things are hopping around here at HHW.....it must be Friday.

Mystery clip sounds like Alfred Newman....to me.....and familiar....but I can't quite place it....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2014, 08:11:57 AM »

Nothing to report on the TOD....mostly watching television.

I am probably going to have to find a different musical/vocal director for GUYS & DOLLS since the person I usually use is busy with a high school production of SHREK for the first three weeks of my rehearsal period.....

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 08:29:06 AM »

Good Morning

Matthew

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 08:29:44 AM »

I had several weird dreams last night.  No more ice cream before bed. 

Matthew

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 08:30:08 AM »

Elmore, I'm glad to see your VCR is being used again.

Matthew

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »

Today, I'm having lunch with a pal and then a cigar at the "Cigar Loft", looking forward to hanging out with him!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 08:49:13 AM »

The piano tuner has come and gone, and I believe I am getting sick, which does not amuse me. My throat is getting scratchy and I'm getting hoarse.

Ugh.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »

This 20-minute video is circulating Facebook and gives me such hope for our community.  The 3 young performers at the beginning are all around Rob's age and their Moms are friends of mine.  They talk at the end about how special the Sorg Opera House is to them.

Flip this Town - The Sorg Opera House

John G.

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 09:04:51 AM »

This 20-minute video is circulating Facebook and gives me such hope for our community.  The 3 young performers at the beginning are all around Rob's age and their Moms are friends of mine.  They talk at the end about how special the Sorg Opera House is to them.

Flip this Town - The Sorg Opera House

I love the Sorg. Saw many movies there.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »

One of the phrases in the mystery clip has a Scottish flavor, which -- when the answer is revealed -- will probably peg me as an IDIOT for life.  It kills me that I never recognize these.  Well, the few we've had so far.  By golly, I think mystery clips should be a regular thing!  :)

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 09:10:08 AM »

DR John G, the Sorg has changed a lot since it was a movie theatre.  There was an actual opera company there in the '90's and we enjoyed many of their performances.  I especially remember MADAME BUTTERFLY, H. M. S. PINAFORE, THE MIKADO, and a concert version of AIDA.  Joan Morris and William Bolcom gave a concert there one week after Rob was born and my mom and Richard's babysat so Richard and I could go.  And, in 1991, a tour of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY was just the antidote to some potentially frightening medical news I'd just received (turned out OK).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:12:01 AM by Ginny »

John G.

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »

DR John G, the Sorg has changed a lot since it was a movie theatre.  There was an actual opera company there in the '90's and we enjoyed many of their performances.  I especially remember MADAME BUTTERFLY, H. M. S. PINAFORE, THE MIKADO, and a concert version of AIDA.  Joan Morris and William Bolcom gave a concert there one week after Rob was born and my mom and Richard's babysat so Richard and I could go.  And, in 1991, a tour of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY was just the antidote to some potentially frightening medical news I'd just received (turned out OK).

I was at a Bolcom and Morris performance there. So, I was living in Middletown when Rob was born. I think that was 1985. Is my memory in any way correct?
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »

OMG, I just decided to take a look at the program for that Morris & Bolcom concert and found that I'd clipped a review from the local paper.  It was written by Journal Staff Writer John Griffin!

Yes, that confirms your memory, DR John G!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up