Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BLURRY  (Read 35744 times)

MBarnum

Re:BLURRY
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2007, 10:27:38 AM »

Oh, yes I have heard of and actually seen CALIGULA. I remember seeing it way back when it was released, or whenever it made it t HBO or a like channel (or maybe I rented it?). Either way I thought it was very disgusting and gory and gross and would not likely want to see it again.

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2007, 10:31:46 AM »

My top ten most needed desert island CD list:

1. Best of THE CARPENTERS

2. Best of Harbhajan Mann

3. LAKEER soundtrack

4. Gershwin's RHAPSODY IN BLUE/AMERICAN IN PARIS

5. Brain from Planet X cast recording

6. At least one PERCY FAITH AND HIS SINGERS cd

7 and 8 Two of my self made Bollywood Compilations

9 and 10 two of my self made World pop music compilations

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2007, 10:33:43 AM »

If Gudda, the Egyptian cab driver was adopted by the producers of GREY GARDENS and then won one of the leading roles in an all-male production of CANDIDE, he would be billed:

Gudda Gonda as Cunegonde
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:39:12 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2007, 10:36:54 AM »

Gudda Gonda as Cunegonde

Only here at HHW, folks.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »

If Rhonda Fleming began running around with the husband of the GREY GARDENS producing team, would the tabloids headline with:

RHONDA FOND O' GONDA?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:37:58 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2007, 10:37:39 AM »

I just had the most ridiculously good lunch. The new chef is amazing. Some dishes I'd never heard of before.

Whenever we have a housewarming party, this is exactly what I would like to serve. (Very inspired Mexican food...)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »

Whenever we have a housewarming party, this is exactly what I would like to serve. (Very inspired Mexican food...)

Sounds good.  When do we show up?  ;)

singdaw

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2007, 10:53:03 AM »

DR Dan (the Man) - If a Gilbert & Sullivan-hating python were chasing one of the Gondas, the headline might read:

ANACONDA FOND O' GONDA, BUT FEARS GONDOLIERS!

Ben

« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »

If Suzanne Somers married Norman Fell, divorced him, changed teams and moved to Canada (or Massachusetts) and married Lesley Anne Down, then switched teams again and married (the late) Fred Astaire she would be...

Suzanne Somers Fell Down Astaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »

Sweet!

The Landless Theatre Company July 19, 2007

Unpopular teen witch, Carrie Potter, gets her First Magic, falls in love, and meets Jesus - just in time for the prom!

Nobody can do Fringe like Landless Theatre Company! (After all, they're Fringe all year long!) So, come out and see how the rock-and-rollers do it with Landless' original musical, CARRIE POTTER AT THE HALF-BLOOD PROM.

Only 5 shows at Atlas Performing Arts Center, located at 1333 H Street, NE.

Sunday, July 22, 8pm
Monday, July 23, 8pm
Friday, July 27, 6pm
Saturday, July 28, 6:30pm
Sunday, July 29, 5pm

And hey, boys and girls, if you haven't had a chance to see the beautiful Atlas Center before, take this excellent opportunity, with the 2nd Capital Fringe Festival and CARRIE POTTER AT THE HALF-BLOOD PROM, to experience the theater's state-of-the-art acoustics and design!

Tickets are $15/show through the Fringe box office (or follow the link online at www.landlesstheatrecompany.org). BTW, if there was any doubt, this show is NOT for children, or humorless evangelicals of monotheistic or wicca persuasions.

der Brucer

George: This is the DC group that did Cannibal

I wish I could see this!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2007, 10:59:59 AM »

This brings up an ethical discussion my DH and I had yesterday. He had a dream that a kid backed into his car where he was working and damaged the door. The kid came back into the studio to tell DH who had happened. Since the kid could have just taken off, like many would, but made the decision not to, DH felt like he should be rewarded for doing the right thing.

He said that he would let the kid's parent know what happened, but offer to split the cost of repair, since DH would have had to shoulder the whole cost if the kid had not been honest.

I thought that it would teach the kid more responsibility if he had to pay the whole amount, and I wouldn't tell the parents.

I think it would be wrong not to tell the parents.  But i also think who should pay would depend on a few things.  Like how much would the repairs cost. And do the kids or his parents have the money?  And do you?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »

Yes, I'll bet those outtakes of Elaine Stritch singing "The Internationale" would have brought a pretty penny!   ;)

I've always preferred side B with her doing Berlioz' arrangement of "La Marseillaise."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2007, 11:04:43 AM »

Lunch report:
Cava and spice braised pork
Elote with tostadas
Vegetable ceviche (which also included coconuts and pineapple)

The German chocolate cake was an anti-climax. And that's saying a lot!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »

What was the myspace debacle and what was the cast recording thing about - which page of posts was this on yesterday?  I thought I'd read them all, but in my busy-ness yesterday I may have inadvertantly missed something.

You didn't miss it.  It was something I was informed of about 11:30 last night and it made me very angry at myself.  I cannot go into details but I made an ass of myself.  Again.  Hopefully, the fallout will be slight.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »

And do the kids or his parents have the money?  And do you?

I know the answer to one of those questions.

Unfortunately...

Edisaurus

« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2007, 11:07:24 AM »

I've always preferred side B with her doing Berlioz' arrangement of "La Marseillaise."

When I mention the song "The Internationale", almost everyone thinks that this is the song of which I speak.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »

Breakfast report:
I had a chicken crepe with potato pancakes and DR MusicGuy had bacon, eggs, and pancakes.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

1) Barber - Knoxville: Summer of 1915 - Dawn Upshaw (I could do without the Harbison song cycle on this disc, but the rest of it is wonderfully accompanied and beautifully sung.)

I ended up with 11 on my list and this would be 12!  I agree about the Harbison, but "Steal Me, Sweet Thief" is so beautiful that you can see why Sir Andrew took her up on her offer; isn't there a bit of it in POTO?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »

If you get Gudda, the Egyptian, tell him Mike says hello...and I am still waiting for the two Arabic husband's he promised me!

Given Egyptian laws about homosexuality, I suspect your "two husbands" is a euphemism for prison guards.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »

I had two dreams last night: one was about crawdads.

The other one was I was walking down the street and saw a squirrel and paused to toss it a pistachio I happened to have in my pocket. In real life, my cell phone rang, and in my dream the squirrel did a double flip, which scared me. When I woke up, I had been lying on my hands, so my hands were numb and I couldn't get my hands to open my cell phone.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:11:38 AM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2007, 11:11:05 AM »

Lunch report:
Cava and spice braised pork
Elote with tostadas
Vegetable ceviche (which also included coconuts and pineapple)

The German chocolate cake was an anti-climax. And that's saying a lot!

My lunch was slightly different.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, it consisted of:

Sushi,
McDonald's Apple Pie,
and
Gummy Bears...

...all without my even leaving my little cubicle!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »

I had two dreams last night: one was about crawdads.

The other one was I was walking down the street and saw a squirrel and paused to toss it a pistachio I happened to have in my pocket. In real life, my cell phone rang, and in my dream the squirrel did a double flip, which scared me. When I woke up, I had been lying on my hands, so my hands were numb and I couldn't get my hands to open my cell phone.

I guess that's what all that rolling around in the mud will do to you.   :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »

Lunch report:

I just chowed down on a falafel sandwich, which I managed to spill on my clothes several times.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:24:24 AM by Jeanne »

Edisaurus

« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »

Lunch report:

I just chowed down on a falafel sandwich, which I manage to spill on my clothes several times.

How afel!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »

BTW, Edisaurus has mentioned the new chef at work several times lately. Edi, your lunch is prepared for you compliments of your employer?  Is this new?

Ben

« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2007, 11:30:58 AM »

We had pastina, iced tea and bing cherries for lunch (We is Anthony and me)

Edisaurus

« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2007, 11:34:34 AM »

BTW, Edisaurus has mentioned the new chef at work several times lately. Edi, your lunch is prepared for you compliments of your employer?  Is this new?

No, they have always done that. It's a big post house and it's cheaper and less complicated than ordering take out.

The original chef has been here a long time and we all love him, but his food is very heavy southern cooking...chicken pot pie, lots of comfort food, etc. And never anything new or experimental.

You can see that most of the people here, myself included, should NOT be eating heavy southern comfort food, especially with our sedentary jobs!

So I always feel a little guilty praising the new chef because I adore the original and don't want to make him feel bad. So I try to make sure he's not around when I do so.

Edisaurus

« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2007, 11:35:30 AM »

I just heard DR Jose's sweet voice right here in my editing room!

Edisaurus

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2007, 11:37:03 AM »

BTW, we Atlantans are embarrased that Michael Vick is on our football team.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2007, 11:37:51 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And I just heard DR edi's sweet voice in "my" room here.  :)

*My brother is still working out the flight arrangements, so...  -What are you doing Sunday night?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up