Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SPARKLE AND FIZZ  (Read 22702 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SPARKLE AND FIZZ
« on: March 06, 2005, 11:59:48 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you're feeling suffused with sparkle and fizz, and now it is time for you to post until the sparklingly fizzy cows come home.  To it, I say.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:03:19 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SPARKLE AND FIZZ
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 12:00:16 AM »

And the word of the day is SPLENDIFEROUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 12:06:35 AM »

Nobody here but us chickens.  Us chickens are with it and happening, that's all there is to it.  Us chickens is SPLENDIFEROUS!

Jed

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 12:10:04 AM »

Trying to understand me is like trying to understand... ummm... let's see here... somebody uncannily similar to me.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 12:16:49 AM »

Ann has been HAINESIFIED!

SPLENDIFEROUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 12:17:27 AM »

Well, if no one wants to play perhaps I'll toddle off to the bedroom environment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 12:26:51 AM »

The pups were asleep on der Brucer's bed, but they woke up.  Benny decided to try to eat der B's nose.  Der B, taking the hint, decided to get Benny and Bax some real food to eat, some kibble.  They munched and munched.  One of them also peed on der B's bed.  He was not pleased.  He decided to put the twosome in Fletcher's big crate.  Now Bax and Benny are very unhappy.  They want to be out of the crate, and are being very vocal in their protestations.  I'd say that they are caterwauling, but that's the wrong species.

Dogerwauling?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 12:29:53 AM »

I was a very good boy today, food-wise.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 12:30:32 AM »

And that is SPLENDIFEROUS.

Ann has been HAINESIFIED!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 12:31:44 AM »

And there sit Jed and Ann on their collective complacent butt cheeks like so much fish.  I think they're IMing each other, that's what I think.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 12:32:20 AM »

iPod is on playing Johnny Mandel's gorgeous score to Agatha.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 12:33:58 AM »

They have been released from the crate.  There is much joy in the house now.  Martha Stewart couldn't have been as joyful at being released from her crate.

But then, Martha Stewart would insist on only having the very best kibble.  

Snob.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 12:35:41 AM »

I think Ann and Jed are in the crate doing a little canoodling, that's what I think.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 12:36:21 AM »

Well, perhaps now I shall toddle off to the bedroom environment, for I can barely keep my eyes open.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »

BUT - before I leave might I just say - SPLENDIFEROUS!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 12:39:07 AM »

No canoodling going on around here

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 12:48:51 AM »

Since I don't drive, I rarely think about what kind of car I'd like to have.

I've given more than a thought or two to chauffeurs, but not to the car itself.

Something with a back seat would be nice.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 01:09:55 AM »

I gotta fire that chauffeur! - General Bullmoose.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 01:12:07 AM »

Splendiferous is a splendid word.  So far is my FAVORITE of all the words of the day that we have had!

The CD sounds as if it will be SPENDIFEROUS.

Paramount Day at DODGER STADIUM.  I am ennervated at the thought.

What car would I love to have?  Well my NEXT car will be a PT CRUISER.  I like those cars - there are two in my famiily now - and two among my friends.  So once employment is secured, so will my new car.

However.......the car that I would love to have will be found in my next post.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 01:22:17 AM »

Hmmmmmmmm......the sound on TCM is behind the picture by about one second and half.  Is anyone else having this problem?  ;D

Here it is, my spendiferous choice for my most wanted car!  ;D ;D

Kerry

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 03:39:50 AM »

I am not getting a good night's sleep which is why I'm up and am the only poster  at the moment.

We have had a number of unusual cars over the years.
Right now I have one of my choices -a '56 Metropolitan.  I think Lois Lane had one too.
I wouldn't mind having another 56 Thunderbird.  I like thenew T-Birds too.
What I would really like is a 56 Lincoln Continental.  Thye still look so good. The designers really knew what they were doing.  A 1938 Cord would be nice too.
Also 1 '65 Lincoln Continental - kind of boxy and with the suicide doors-- very classy looking.
Basically though, if I have something reliable and comfortable, that is enough.  The same goes for cars. ;)
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 03:41:25 AM »

Of course, for sheer camp value, a pink '58 Cadillac convertible would be the gingiest.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 04:51:52 AM »

DR GEORGE did you get my email?

Ben

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 04:55:33 AM »

While this may not be the SPLENDIFEROUS answer you're looking for I have no desire to own any kind of car. I haven't owned one for 25 years and don't want to own one anytime in the future. Of course, that does have an impact on where I choose to live since it's difficult to live in many cities without owning an automobile, but there you are.

Big news! Even though it's only March 7th, we have made holiday (Christmas) plans! We are going to Dublin!!! We leave December 16th and return to New York on December 31st. I am very happy and excited. I haven't been to Dublin since 1988 and Anthony has never been. I found amazing ticket prices (though they seem to change daily) and since Dublin is on the Euro, not the Pound, it won't be as expensive as going back to London.

I had taco chips over the weekend. I hope that counts as food of the day. Last night we had lime and tequila marinated chicken breasts with rice and french cut green beans for dinner and then we had Archway Fruit and Nut Bars for dessert. I love those things. They are dangerously wonderful.

Anthony has auditions all this week for various summer stock jobs, one that might even make him gainfully employed from May through August.

That's it from this end for now. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is calling my name.

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 04:57:59 AM »

I love my little Prius, it is Splediferous!! I wouldn't mind a newer model. Mine's a 2003 and they've improved since then.   Of course I would like my car better if the windshield hadn't cracked when hit by a rock on the way home, but that can be fixed.

I also wouldn't mind a Mini Cooper.  They are so cute....

As far as the older model cars, I really like to look at them, but not sure I would want to have one as my very own

Cillaliz

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 04:59:53 AM »

Better get ready for work. The temps have gone from 70s to the 30s and it may snow today...Brrrr. I must remember to bundle up as I head out into the world to do justice, or something that remotely resembles justice

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 05:01:43 AM »

I did get a great t-shirt during my trip to New Orleans, the back says "Prosecutors tremble at the sound of my name"  I wore it this weekend and everyone got a big kick out of it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 05:02:51 AM »

I love my little Prius, it is Splediferous!!

I mean SPLENDIFEROUS, too early to spell well

Cillaliz

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2005, 05:06:53 AM »

Stephen Sondheim's 75th Birthday To Be Celebrated With Special Events and a Collectible
By: Matthew Murray

Stephen Sondheim
The work of the esteemed musical theater composer-lyricist Stephen Sondheim, who will turn 75 on March 22, will be celebrated for 12 consecutive hours from 11am to 11pm on Saturday, March 19 in the Peter Jay Sharp Theater at Symphony Space (2537 Broadway at 95th Street). Titled Wall to Wall Stephen Sondheim, the event will feature performances of his songs, excerpts from a number of his shows, and discussions with Sondheim and his collaborators.
Among the dozens of notables set to participate in the event are Karen Akers, George Lee Andrews, Christine Baranski, Barbara Barrie, Laura Benanti, Polly Bergen, Patricia Birch, Liz Callaway, Michael Cerveris, Melissa Errico, Raśl Esparza, Harvey Evans, Alexander Gemignani, Paul Gemignani, Joanna Gleason, Sheldon Harnick, Beth Howland, Judy Kaye, Charles Kimbrough, Marc Kudisch, Judy Kuhn, James Lapine, Richard Maltby, Terrence Mann, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Donna Murphy, Phyllis Newman, Bernadette Peters, Angelina Reaux, Frank Rich, Tony Roberts, Marti Rolph, Thomas Z. Shepard, John Weidman, Richard White, B.D. Wong, Eric Jordan Young, and Jerry Zaks.

Doors will open at 10:30am and admission is free.

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2005, 05:23:25 AM »

Yes, I sort of wussed all weekend - sorry.  Work has been exhausting lately, and our family (DH, both grandmas, and I) have felt vaguely unwell for about a month.  I think we're all ready for spring, of which we had a hint over the weekend.  However, we're expecting snow this week, preceeded by a thunderstorm.

Yesterday, DH Richard and I went to see The Aviator, which we found NOT splendiferous.  In fact, the article about Howard Hughes which I just read in World Book Encyclopedia was more gripping.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 06:30:10 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up