Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPARKLE AND FIZZ  (Read 22743 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:SPARKLE AND FIZZ
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2005, 07:50:18 PM »

Well...

I really am tired, and I'm gonna try my best to get into the city a little early tomorrow just to walk around for a bit and do some exploring.  I'll most likely check in from a Starbucks or some other "hot spot" location since I'll have my laptop with me.  So...

In the immortal words of Jane Curtin...

Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2005, 07:51:31 PM »

OOHH!!!   And Page 8 now too!  -After starting Page 7!!

Must have been that penny I picked up in Times Square!

-And, yes, I washed my hands afterwards!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2005, 07:58:44 PM »

By the way, on the very off-off-off-off-off chance that the mother who was sitting across the aisle from me on the train this morning happens to be reading this...

Thank You, for telling your son to turn down the volume on his Game Boy. Thank You.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2005, 08:06:57 PM »

I am adoring these Tales of the Unexpected episodes, about which more in tomorrow's notes.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2005, 08:22:45 PM »

I haven't been called a boy-toy in ages.  

;D

Uh, wait, that "ages" bit...  :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2005, 08:50:12 PM »

Cillaliz, when using both Glow and Font Size, the Font Size code has to be inside the Glow code:

QUOTE THIS (or TCB's message) TO SEE THE CODES!!

Thanks! I get it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2005, 08:56:06 PM »

Well, I have to say I did not enjoy FAT ACTRESS. I found it sad in many respects, and the character of "Kirstie Alley" that Kirstie is playing I found totally unlikable, bordering on delusional, and spoiled to the point of being infuriating. I guess some of it was meant to be satirical, and the show is obviously meant to be a big bird shot from Kirstie to the media heads who think only thin actressses are desirable for their shows. But I still found it overly sour in tone and not very funny.

I'm not sure what show the critics saw that they loved so much, but I found it often uncomfortable to watch. And John Travolta, who lectured Kirstie on her weight, looked like he was about to give birth himself.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2005, 08:59:39 PM »

With two exceptions (Travis and Constantine), the men rocked the rafters tonight on AMERICAN IDOL. They are a talented bunch, and I really enjoyed the show.

Still find boy band wannabes Nikko and Mario not to my liking, but obviously there is a public for that style of singing, and they can both carry a tune.

I really find it unfair that the women, so much less talented than the men this year, get to start out with six entries in the finals just like the men who are infinitely more talented and desrving.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2005, 09:00:59 PM »

After having a beautiful day here, the rain moved in tonight, and it's a cold rain, too. I'm going to miss that bright blue sky tomorrow.

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2005, 09:08:01 PM »

The anti-gay marriage people drive me crazy!!!  A friend of mine is a judge who granted a dissolution to 2 women who moved here after joining in a civil union in Vermont.  There were protests outside the courthouse by idiots like Rev Fred Phelps...he had little kids holding signs that said "God Hates Fags"..In my mind that should be grounds to remove those children from their parents! Other than outright physical or sexual abuse much more abusive can you be than to teach your children to hate?

Then Dr. James Dobson came to town and thousands of people showed up to hear him tell them that they should vote against retention of my friend as a judge because he was leading us all to hell or some such nonsense (can't say for sure, there is no way I would have gone to see him) He did fall off the stage, which was some consolation.

Anyway, the gay marriage debate was a big deal here during that time. The judge was retained, which sort of restored my faith, but it was close, which just appalled me.

The worst thing was the city council. There was a proposal to add sexual preference to the anti-discrimination ordinance that would cover employment, housing etc.  The idiots on the council gave these outrageous religious speeches as they voted against it.  
I just can't believe people are so dumb and so blind.

I used to do a lot of work in juvenile court. There are so many kids in male/female 2 parent homes who are abused, unloved and generally totally messed up. It isn't the gender of the parents or their sexual preference, it's the love, guidance, and nurturing atmosphere that matters.  It baffles me how people who profess to do everything for the children can't figure that one out.

Guess I'm joining in the rant.... but this really gets me.. I am totally intolerant of intolerance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2005, 09:08:04 PM »

SPLENDIFEROUS!

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2005, 09:15:31 PM »

DR Matt H, I agree with you about Fat Actress.  I didn't like her character at all and really thought it was overdone.   I really don't have any desire to watch it again

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2005, 09:21:08 PM »

Well, BK, looks like it's just you and me at the moment. Hate to rant and leave, but I'm afraid I'm going to be a wussburger.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2005, 09:37:42 PM »

I didn't care, one way or the other, about any of the men tonight.  I didn't think any one of them especially stood out, although some are clearly better singers.

I'm not wild about Anwar...I don't care what Randy and Paula said.  And as much as I enjoy watching Bo, I don't think he's the one to beat.  And I'm sick to death of Cowell comparing Fedorov to Clay Aiken.  There's no resemblance, except they both have incredible voices.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2005, 10:23:26 PM »

One post an hour.  It's the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2005, 10:53:49 PM »

...Other than outright physical or sexual abuse much more abusive can you be than to teach your children to hate?...
This is why I am very picky about how I use the word "hate."  Too often, the word is thrown away as something light-hearted.  "Oh, don't you just hate that?"  Uh, no, I dislike things, sometimes I abhor or detest things, but hate is too potent an emotion for that kind of usage.

Hate empowers the people who are doing the hating.  It becomes it's own justification.  The emotion almost posesses the person feeling it, enrapturing the person.  It cannot be reasoned with.

I am also saddened by the minimalization by others of this emotion.  They would prefer to ignore the strength of the emotion, as in when they claim "All crime is hate crime."  What nonsense; most crimes are committed for reasons of greed, or fear, or all sorts of other emotions.  Hate crime is something very particular, where the criminal launches the attack on the victim not because of who the vicitim is, or what they posess, but because of what the victim is, which is almost always seen as something not fully human by the criminal which, in a bizarre loop of illogic, justifies the crime.

End of rant...for now.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2005, 10:57:10 PM »

Time for me to hug puppies and wussburger.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2005, 11:24:39 PM »

Has Ann caught up?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »

Thanks! I get it.

You're welcome!  Glad I could help. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2005, 11:32:16 PM »

Ann just caught up

Jed

« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2005, 11:40:45 PM »

Well, I don't know about Ann, but I've finally caught up on the posts d'jour, and will say...

The best of all possible vibes to DR elmore!!!

Well ranted, Dad.

Definitely a fan of Arrested Development.  For my taste, one of the funnier shows currently on TV.  My favorite, however, has quickly become Boston Legal.  William Shatner must get an Emmy nomination!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2005, 11:50:49 PM »

Definitely a fan of Arrested Development.  For my taste, one of the funnier shows currently on TV.  My favorite, however, has quickly become Boston Legal.  William Shatner must get an Emmy nomination!

Didn't Shatner win the Emmy for playing the part on "The Practice?"  I never watched that show, but I started watching "Boston Legal" because it's after "Desperate Housewives" and before "Ebert and Roeper."  I've really gotten into and like it a lot.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2005, 11:56:41 PM »

Yes, George, he did win the guest appearance Emmy for playing Denny Crane on The Practice last season, as well as the supporting actor Golden Globe for Boston Legal a couple months back.  Wonderful character, and Shatner is truly wonderful in it, IMHO.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up