Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CUT TO THE CHASE  (Read 19861 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CUT TO THE CHASE
« on: March 12, 2005, 12:00:21 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've cut to the chase, the chase has cut to you, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home, which will be as soon as they've had a burger.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 11:59:24 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CUT TO THE CHASE
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: CORPULENT!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 12:25:42 AM »

Farce: "Noises Off" and "Habeus Corpus"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 12:30:36 AM »

Has Ann caught up?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 12:30:46 AM »

CORPULENT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 12:31:44 AM »

Boy did I have some intriguing e-mails waiting for me.  One was from someone I haven't spoken to in quite some time, but who has been on my mind a lot lately.  Isn't it funny how that works?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 12:32:02 AM »

iPod is working splendidly once again.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 12:36:09 AM »

I have caught up.  I have made a mental note to look up the word of the day when I have the mental energy.  

Yesterday (Friday) was my last day of work.  They took me out to dinner as a thank you.  Saying goodbye to the boys was hard.  I shall miss them.  I shall also miss employment...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »

Well, you must eat a burger - that will make you feel better.  And you will soon have new employment - I feel it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 12:43:44 AM »

Well, I suppose I shall toddle off to the bedroom environment for my beauty sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 12:44:08 AM »

But, before I go, may I just say - CORPULENT!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 12:53:40 AM »

Good morning pople it is 3:49 in the am her in New York and i just can't sleep
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 12:54:47 AM »

Daer Ann, I am sorry for your loss of employment

I send you

~~~~~~~~~PERFECT NEW JOB VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~

vixmom

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 12:55:18 AM »

Such a week I had!

vixmom

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 01:01:33 AM »

On Tuesday we had a rain storm in the morning and around noon the temperature dropped and we started getting snow, and of course all the rain that had fallen earlier turned to ice.  Then the wind kicked up swirling the snow around to cause white out conditions, so between the ice under the snow and the total lack of visibility, it made for a fun driving experience.

Now on Tuesdays, I leave work at 3 pm instead of my usual 5 - 6 pm, but due to delays caused by inane phone callers who have to call me, so I can read to them the information on the piece of paper in front of their faces, I did not start out until 3:30, however becasue of the snow ALL the buildings in the vicinity let their workers out early  and it took me over a half hour just to get out of the parking lot...I kid you not!

vixmom

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 01:06:13 AM »

The main parkway was backed up several blocks from the entrance ramp since a tractor trailer, which are not allowed on parkways BTW, wandered ontot he parkway and got itself stuck under a overpass thus effectively shuttig that roadway down (of course in the directioni n which I wanted to go).  The Expressway (the  famed LIE) had such down in  my direction due to a tractor trailer that had jack-knifed and blocked all three lanes

so I, and all 3 million of the locals  headed down a two lane roadway with lights at every  other corner.

In two hours I had traveled five miles.  Then my battery light  came on  on the dash and the power steering went out.

vixmom

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 01:13:45 AM »

Thsi is wher I actually had a bit of luck, this happened directly in front of a gas station that had a mechanics shop attached (becoming rarer and rarer on Long Ilsand, mostly gas stations her now are just that, gas only)

And the mechanics were just closing down for the eveing  but still there.  I rolled into the parking lot explained the problem and they pushed my car into the garage.

Turns out that the serpentine belt  had split and the thing  that it goes around ( I forget the word) had seized.  God was looking out for me because not only was the mecahnic willing to stay and help me out, but they had the parts there in the shop.

The belts they keep in stock but the other thing (bearing? ) they do not, but they happedned to have one sitting right there on the counter which was delivered earlier that day in error, when they had orderd the part for another Ford car and the wrong part was delivered.  So I sat there and they very kindly fixed my car for me.

vixmom

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 01:21:23 AM »

An hour later and $222.50 poorer, I returnd to the roadway which was still crawling, and by now darkness and teh temperature had both fallen making things really lovely.

Evenutally this roadway expands to six lanes (three in each direction) but still traffic was not moving beyond the point wher you simply had to lift your foot from the brake and roll forward a few feet before braking agian.

Eventually I found out why, a tractor trailer (oh how I love those vehicles) had hit a light/telephone pole caussing it to fall across and clock all three lanes of the traffic going westbound (the opposite direction that I was going for a change) but also pulling the wires down across the  entire three lanes of traffic going eastbound ( my direction), so all three lanes of traffice were having to merge right, turn into a little shopping center and ssingle file throught he shopping center and finally out on the other side of the wires, and OF COURSE people couldn't just take turns and let each lane filter in  one after another... oh no, we have to be cutthroat and force outr way in and of course cause another accident or two...MORONS!!!

vixmom

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 01:22:35 AM »

I finally got home at 9:05 PM  5 hours and the 35 minutes to travel 30 miles.

vixmom

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 01:32:03 AM »

Wednesday and Thursday were bad workdays in that I was dealing with inconsiderate boobs for the most part.  Usually I quite like my job but these particular people should be collected by the manners police and lcoked up until they inderstand that the world does not revolve around them and their wants and that  when you are supposed to be a closing at 3:00 it is a bad idea to come at 5:45 witout bothering to call and explain your absence or lateness, and then show up with a sandwich and coffee (for yourself) and causually explain that you decided not to leave work early to attend the closing which had been scheduled a week earlier,because you had left early the day before for the storm. the fact that seven other people were sitting there unable to finish the closing and  that they were now not leaving thier jobs at 5 pm as they are supposed to but now are forfed to work until 7:30 was entirely lost on him, apparently our time and lives were worth nothing in comparison to his

vixmom

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 01:33:04 AM »

Thursady more incionsiderate boobs, i won't bore you with the details but I ended up stuck at work until  8 pm

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005, 01:45:36 AM »

If one eats too many burgers, one might become CORPULENT.  Lunch at Hogly-Wogly's is liable to make us CORPULENT.

Flat out funniest farce I ever saw was NOISES OFF...the original London Production with Paul Eddington and Patricia Routledge.  Though I also saw Paxton Whitehead in a great version as well at the Ahmanson.  and a few years ago, I saw the National Theatre's revival of it and it holds up right nicely.   Oddly enough,  NOISES OFF was my very first British theatre...years later, the revival was my hundredth play seen in London.  I've probably seen around a hundred and twenty-five by now.

ARSENIC & OLD LACE is still a great farce on both film and stage.

Though I didn't see THE RITZ on stage, I thought it a very funny film.

I guess the film PRODUCERS is a farce. It's certainly funny.

The best two farces I ever played in were Feydeau's  FLEA IN HER EAR (the dual role of Chandebise/Poche) and Ray Cooney's hilarious British sex farce, MOVE OVER, MRS. Markham (supporting the glamourous Cyd Charisse.  I played the campy decorator Alistair, who everybody thinks is gay, but is actually boffing the maid.)

vixmom

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 01:54:20 AM »

Yesterday afternoon around 3:30 I get a call on my cell from the assistant principal at my daughter's school (the guy in charge of discipline)

"Uh hi, Mrs. Mann, this is Mr. Whateverthehellhisnameis from ...school"

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"Uh, well,, um, have you spoken to Debby  this afternnoon?"

"Do you mean Victoria?"

"Oh, yeah, uh oh, you're Debra, Debby, uh, Mrs. Mann, uh sorry yeah, um well do you know where she is?"

Of course at this point my heart stops beating but I somehow manage to say

"She was supposed to go to the All County Chorus rehearal with the music teacher and the other five  students  at the beginning of 9th period, she was supposed to be bussed there..is she not with them?

"OH! Um, well that explains it, a teacher saw her walking out of the school at the beginning of  ninth period so I guess that's where she was going"

"Wait a minute, a teacher saw her walking out of the school an hour and half ago,  didn't stop her to find out where she was going and you are just calling me NOW?  She could be dead!" (we have a had a recent string of child , well girls in ithe Vixters age bracket) going mssing inthe past few months and news of a local motel that has been filled by the local authorities with  child molesters recently realeased from prison)

"Uh, yeah, I'll call you back"

Five minutes later the phone rang again Good ol' Mr. Imncompetent again

"I reached the music teacher on her cell ohone and Victoria is there at the rehearsal."

"So my child is exacly where she is supposed to be doing what she is supposed to be doing.  I want to know why  the teacher  that saw her leaving didn't stop her and ask her where she was going .  Why wasn't the office immediately notified? Why wasn't I immediately notified?  Why don't you know that she was being bussed out of the district with one of your teachers on one of your busses?  Did anyone speak to her 9th period teacher?  He knew where she was because she had to rearrange taking an exam that was being given today.  What is the purpose of this call?  Are you just trying to get my daughter in trouble with me? It certainly doesn;t seem like your primary consideration here was her safety"

"Oh, um well yeah I have to apologize for alarming you, uh, well I don't know if there was a list about the chorus thing and  uh, I just got the message from the teacher and uh, um well I guess we have some tightening up to do here...."

MORON!! Sitting there on his corpulant backside all smug and self satisfied  playing "gotcha" with the kids....OOOOH I wanna slap his face!

K - 5 was all about building the kids self esteem and teaching them to love learning. But this middle school!!! It seems all about catching the kids doing something wrong and teaching them to loath school

« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:29:58 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2005, 01:56:51 AM »

So that was my week, that is why I was E & T and I missed you guys.

End of rant...

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2005, 02:01:41 AM »

I love Arsenic & Old lace and The Producers as wel and perhaps my favorite, A funny Thing Happened On The Way to the Forum

vixmom

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2005, 02:03:29 AM »

Dear Rodzinski.. I see you have appeared, I have chased  DR Pogue away with my ranting which I promise not to do any more  (for a while)  which coast are you currently gracing? Ar eyou up early or late?  :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:04:42 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2005, 02:24:51 AM »

Well I just caught up on yesterdays' posts

Bk  congrats on finishing the book.  When can we expect to see it?

DR Jennifer I am sorry you are feeling poorly

~~~~~GOOD HEALTH VIBES~~~~~

vixmom

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2005, 02:26:39 AM »

Dear reader Joey... will you please wait a few years for the Vixter to grow up and then come and marry her?  I want you in my family! Your parents must be very proud of you.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2005, 02:28:41 AM »

I'm up vixmom, still on the west coast. Don't go away!

vixmom

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »

I don't know from basketball but congrats on getting your smiling face on the Tee Vee

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up