Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BITS OF TID  (Read 23439 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:BITS OF TID
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2007, 11:57:07 AM »

When I was in college in Kansas, we used to sunbathe in the Pioneer Cemetary.

At this time of year :)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2007, 11:57:26 AM »

Did you notice a lot of men coming to visit their dearly departed relatives frequently?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:57:47 AM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »

For Vixmom:

DILLEY SEXTUPLETS
der Brucer

the McCaughey Septuplets just turned 10. They were on Dateline the other night

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »

Did you notice a lot of men coming to visit their dearly departed relatives frequently?

Well since the most recent date on a tombstone was sometime in the late 1800s, there weren't too many people visiting dearly departed.   The cemetary was right across the street from the dorm.  I know they later built up that part of campus. I don't know if the cemetary is there or if they moved the graves.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2007, 12:03:23 PM »

http://www.markeroni.com/catalog/display.php?code=KS_M_017&state=KS&country=USA&county=DOUGLAS

This says it was reopened in 1968, but I don't think there were any new graves when we were there. Perhaps we just didn't know about them

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »

Now that sort of creeps me out. Oh well it was 1979-80, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.  

Better get back to work

TTFN

DERBRUCER

« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »

Happt Birthday Tom:

Time for a walk on the wild side:

"Heartland", 2003, by Karen Casey. Located in the Docklands District near the Melbourne CBD.

"This luminescent surface pulses and shifts in colour as a symbolic heartbeat. Shimmering energy fields, suggestive of patterning on Aboriginal artefacts, appear superimposed on the glass building-front. In suggesting life, renewal and journeying, this mandorla-shaped motif draws its form from Aboriginal canoe/scar trees."

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Hmm... Should I have another cup of chili?  Hmm... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2007, 12:08:48 PM »

CHILI SCENES OF WINTER - that's the name of something, right - well, almost

DERBRUCER

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »

...HE OPENS A WINDOW

Christchurch, New Zealand, 10 am.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2007, 12:13:56 PM »

I haven't used an actual recipe for chili in years, and today was no exception.  Varying amounts of beef, tomatoes, beans and spices cooked together until they reach that point.  In any case...

The ground beef I bought last night - I didn't feel like splurging on a nice piece of chuck or eye or round - turned out to be twice ground, maybe even thrice ground.  So, since the texture of the meat was a bit more crumbly than I was expecting, I decided to make a very hearty version/variation of Cincinatti-styl Chili - which basically meant I upped the oregano and added a good dash of cinnamon.  I did not make spaghetti or hotdogs, but I guess if the mood hits me over the next few days, I guess I could.  It's most definitely not a "bowl of red", but it's a good, hearty New York Style Chili.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2007, 12:16:09 PM »

OOh, Jose is so close to 25,000.  

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2007, 12:23:35 PM »

Very cool old cemetery.

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2007, 12:24:22 PM »

Mmmm, chili sounds good!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2007, 12:24:42 PM »

In honor of Tomovoz and his love of music, here is an hilarious clip, and perhaps the reason why Disco died.....

I love it!

Also, that "We are a family" clip rocks, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2007, 12:28:43 PM »

Just got a delivery from Bruce's Cookies.  I'll bet you didn't even know Bruce made cookies.

Bruce also makes floor cleaner.

And yams!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2007, 12:31:45 PM »

Happy birthday to dear Tomovoz!! I hope your garden is full of beautiful birds today!

A little package is on its way to you from the ATL.

Edisaurus

« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »

That Bruce is a very busy guy!

I also must say that although I didn't see much of it, I love bk's house and his neighborhood, very festively decorated for Christmas.

FJL

« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2007, 12:35:31 PM »

The Sofia Coppola MARIE ANTOINETTE is playing on TV now, and I'm finding some of the modern music quite disorienting.  Is that what the director meant to have happen?

Ben

« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »

Happiest of birthday wishes to our favorite Ozian bear, Mr. Guest, from Ant and me!

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2007, 12:56:14 PM »

My "interim" birthday present from DH Richard and DS Rob was a bag of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate Squares.  I just ate one of the "Espresso Escape" ones and have quite a nice caffeine buzz  8)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »

Oh, my birthday present was "interim" because the real one has not yet arrived in the mail.

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2007, 12:58:10 PM »

And the other flavors in the bag are "Twilight Delight" and "Mint Bliss."

Ben

« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »

In spite of the yukky weather yesterday we had a pleasant day yesterday. I did some last minute work to finish up the volunteer duty this year and then we were off to the Lincoln Center branch of the NY Public Library. We returned some books and browsed a bit but there was nothing we wanted to check out so we left, walking underground as much as possible to avoid the slushy rain.

We then took the subway to 42nd Street, transferred to the Shuttle and went to Grand Central Station where we then walked to the Transit Museum Annex. They have a nice, small train village set up using old and new trains traveling through an approximation of Manhattan. It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon. We came back home (with a stop at the grocery store to buy milk), dried out and I made Tuna Glop for dinner. It was quite good considering the cold, wet weather. After dinner we watched Elf (the Will Ferrell movie). A cute, sweet movie. I then went to bed and slept until 7am. The morning was spent doing laundry. I did more than planned because the usual bustling laundromat was empty so I did the regular laundry, came home and took the slipcover off the couch and washed that, and then, when the extra large machine was empty I came home and took the comforter off the bed and washed that! In all it took about 4 hours. Then we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy a new blue bath mat and scented pine cones. After that I rode the stationary bike for 90 minutes and now I'm caught up with posts and posting. It's been a very productive day. Tonight we dine with a dear friend who helped volunteer.

I will now leave you all to go check the mail. It's a trip down 3 flights of steps and back up 3 flights of steps so there better be something in that mailbox!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:01:19 PM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2007, 01:00:51 PM »

BK - When do you start pre-produciton and rehearsal in earnest for BRAIN at the Chance?

We have a big production meeting the beginning of February - I'll probably have already met with the set person by then.  I think we cast end of Feb and begin rehearsals in March.  I just spoke to our NY choreographer, and he thinks the timing may just work out for him to be here to do the show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »

I'm thinking about trying the new restaurant that just opened across from the El Portal.  Mind you, one of the big come-ons when we booked the theater for Deceit close to two years ago was that this restaurant would be open by the time we opened.  Two years later it came to pass.  

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2007, 01:07:35 PM »

Hmm. Perhaps I should get some Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate Squares "Espresso Escape" for myself.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »

It was a really beautiful day outside, so running my errands was really rather pleasant today. The grocery store was much more crowded than it has been for months. I guess it's seasonal, but I like it more when there are fewer shoppers.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »

Hmm. Perhaps I should get some Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate Squares "Espresso Escape" for myself.

Calgon, Take Her Away!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »

Hmm... I wonder if my niece and her grandparents are in the Big Apple yet?  I'll wait a little bit more before I call their hotel.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up