Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHEERLEADER  (Read 39330 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE CHEERLEADER
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »

A horse is a horse of course of course

Cillaliz

« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2007, 07:45:15 PM »

And what about Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion on Daktari?  

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2007, 07:48:26 PM »

I can't believe NO ONE mentioned Mr. Ed!!!

Of course, of course!

(Lyrics by Ray Evans, of course!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2007, 07:48:42 PM »

I didn't work today. I had planned to take the day off, but I really wasn't feeling well. I'm not sure if I picked up a cold on my trip or if it's all related to last night.  I was driving home and went a block away from a house fire where the fire trucks were just arriving. I slowed down and rolled my car window down to see and this awful acrid smoke filled the car. I immediately had a sore throat that got worse over night.  I'm feeling a bit better now

Edisaurus

« Reply #334 on: March 05, 2007, 07:49:39 PM »

And what about Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion on Daktari?  

Or as (I think ) SWW called him, "Clarence the Croissant-Eyed Lion". (Still makes me laugh!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »

I also decided to call my boss to tell him that I'm going into private practice in August. He was very nice about it, even offering to pay for the Atlanta seminar that is really for my new practice.  Then he said "Not to make light of you leaving, but how was CURTAINS?"  LOL.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2007, 07:50:38 PM »

I can't believe NO ONE mentioned Mr. Ed!!!

I didn't want to be a neigh-sayer!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »

... and this awful acrid smoke filled the car. I immediately had a sore throat that got worse over night.  I'm feeling a bit better now

That's not a fun way to end your vacation. I am glad you are feeling better.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2007, 07:51:13 PM »

He said they really need to have someone in immigration that they can refer people to (we get a lot of questions that as public defenders we can't answer) so he offered to send them to me.  I thought that was pretty darn cool

Edisaurus

« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2007, 07:51:49 PM »

I also decided to call my boss to tell him that I'm going into private practice in August. He was very nice about it, even offering to pay for the Atlanta seminar that is really for my new practice.  Then he said "Not to make light of you leaving, but how was CURTAINS?"  LOL.  

He sounds like a cool guy. That's great that you can wrap up there on friendly terms!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2007, 07:52:12 PM »

I bet it's a relief that you told him. Now you don't have to worry about it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2007, 07:54:20 PM »

And, Paul had a conversation last night with the Immigration lawyer in town who is retiring.  He wanted me to call so I did and stopped by. I guess they just brought in a young lawyer to do immigration, but I didn't even know he was here, so he isn't making the rounds to let people who have the ability to give you lots of referals that you are out there.  Anyway, the retiring lawyer suggested I office share there.   I don't think so. There are 2 male lawyers, one 70 and one young - who is going to be doing all the same areas of the law I am and a secretary I had no input in hiring.  If I wanted that situation,  I wouldn't leave.

Cillaliz

« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2007, 07:56:18 PM »

Nick, my boss, was cool about it. I thought he would be, actually. When I told him where my office was going to be he said "WOW that's really cool"   I had promised him if I decided to leave I'd give him lots of notice. I reminded him of that and he thanked me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2007, 07:57:45 PM »

I had a dream last night that they put my name on the marquee of the Orpheum to welcome me to the building. In my dream I said "Oh, guess it's time to tell Nick I'm leaving".   Plus my dreams last night were all one big musical. Everyone sang to each other. It was a pretty good show, too bad I can't remember it

Cillaliz

« Reply #344 on: March 05, 2007, 07:59:16 PM »

BK, I got your IM, I haven't had time to respond.  I can answer generally, but I want to get it right for your jurisdiction.  I don't have much going on in the morning, I'll do it then.

Cillaliz

« Reply #345 on: March 05, 2007, 08:00:48 PM »

And the Pig in Babe...well all the animals in Babe.   I had a cat that loved that movie. Petey would sit staring at the screen the entire time.

Cillaliz

« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2007, 08:03:14 PM »

Speaking of cats, they are both nearly in arms reach.  Callie usually sleeps upstairs in her bedroom on a blanket on top of the bed. She has found things to curl up on right next to where I've been all day. Boo is not far away either. She slept with me last night and I woke up with her arm stretched out and her paw on my face.  They are very happy I'm home

Cillaliz

« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »

If anyone needs to fly, there are decent air fares right now.  For once Midwest is one of the cheap tickets to Atlanta.  I love Midwest. Wide leather seats in coach and hot chocolate chip cookies...

OH! On the way to NYC from Dallas the movie was Marie Antionette. Good heavens. I realize I was on a plane so maybe I missed something but the movie was awful.  I asked the Russian interpreter sitting next to me and she said "Wasn't that bad, but I had to see it through".   I don't say that often about anyone's work, but this...

Cillaliz

« Reply #348 on: March 05, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »

I'm watching The Secret Life of Waffles.  Before this it was The Secret Life of Pancakes.  I like Pancakes better than Waffles.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2007, 08:11:19 PM »

Got the same show on, Cilla.

Well, it's running in the background.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #350 on: March 05, 2007, 08:12:44 PM »

Hmmmm...Kevin Spirtas played someone named Tim Burke in the 1994 short lived TV version of VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.

Why can't we get THIS on DVD?

Let me check some soap boards
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #351 on: March 05, 2007, 08:12:47 PM »

Oops, they've switched to Alton.

And I should wussburger.  I've an early start tomorrow.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #352 on: March 05, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »

The pancakes at The Cafe Edison were very good.  What I can't believe about that place is they get you your food faster than I could cook it.  I don't know how they do that. It's almost scary

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #353 on: March 05, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »

but...

SPOILER ALERT...

There are parts that will make you CRY! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have seen it...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

Night Woody.  

I'm watching the news. I feel like I've been in an alternate universe or something. I have no idea what has been going on here. Well, I guess I do know, nothing from Wednesday - Sunday.  Oh, and my boss did say I do get admin leave for Thursday and Friday and I won't have to use vacation for the Atlanta Seminar.  Cool! That translates to hours I get paid for when I leave.

Cillaliz

« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2007, 08:16:56 PM »

DR Edi - bummed I won't see you in Atlanta.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #356 on: March 05, 2007, 08:20:52 PM »

Lucille Wall. Now there's a name I hadn't thought of in decades. Yes, she was still doing GENERAL HOSPITAL when I was in college and addicted to three soaps: DAYS OF OUR LIVES, THE GUIDING LIGHT, and GENERAL HOSPITAL.

I honestly planned my class chedule around those three soaps so I wouldn't miss them ever. Of course, all this was many years before the VCR became available for home use.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2007, 08:22:29 PM »

DR Edi - bummed I won't see you in Atlanta.  

Me three! (Greg is bummed, too...as are the kitties.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #358 on: March 05, 2007, 08:22:55 PM »

'Night, all... early day tomorrow.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2007, 08:26:50 PM »

I watched last night's WITHOUT A TRACE to begin my evening of viewing. One rather startling case of a man and his wife in NYC for the second time when the wife is abducted from the hotel room. The resolution of that story was a total surprise.

The other case involved one of the FBI agents and her daughter who was kidnapped. This had a more tradntional plot and ending.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up