Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT FACEBOOK RETROSPECTIVE SHOW  (Read 3755 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: KRITZERLAND AT FACEBOOK RETROSPECTIVE SHOW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 08:56:02 AM »

DR elmore that is already a very old joke.  More than that, I settled down to read the posts hoping for a relaxing visit here and now my stomach is in a knot.  I just wish we would continue to avoid political stuff here.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »

DR elmore that is already a very old joke.  More than that, I settled down to read the posts hoping for a relaxing visit here and now my stomach is in a knot.  I just wish we would continue to avoid political stuff here.

It wasn't a "very old" old joke to me and I thought it was funny.  I'm sorry that it's upset your delicate sensibilities.  That certainly wasn't my intention.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:32:59 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - four hours of sleep - just couldn't fall back asleep at eight.  So, already have been to the mail place (no one there), and then right back home.  Gelson's looked busy but plenty of empty parking spaces seen.  And people alone in their cars driving - with a mask on.  Sorry, kids, stupid, at least to me it is.  But they buy into the panic and hysteria daily.  In a month or two, people will look back on this and understand how much the media and Facebook/Twitter caused much of the unnecessary crazy.  Sure, if it makes you comfy wear a mask into the market.  Kind of meaningless as long as you keep some distance, but I understand the comfort level.  Every time I read of new cases it's never because people got it from being in a store or masked or unmasked - never.  It's always from being in very close proximity to someone who has it, I mean like close, breathing on them close.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 10:08:55 AM »

It was pouring rain for most of last evening and it's started up again this morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 10:09:39 AM »

There were also many cars on the freeway - obviously not rush hour traffic or anything, but surprising in that exactly where are these people going?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 10:37:15 AM »

Took a short walk at lunch. As long as there’s no rain, I am going to try to make a habit of it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 10:49:15 AM »

I've been watching last night's Kritzerland spectracular, and I'm taking a l;unch break.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 11:08:24 AM »

This afternoon is creeping along on tortoise shells.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2020, 11:49:23 AM »

I'm going to upload Levi! to Vimeo or YouTube (private) and keep it there for only two days for streaming.  So, I'll post the link when I get it done. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2020, 11:59:24 AM »

Well, certainly not Vimeo - you're allowed a whopping 5GB a post.  Needless to say, Levi is 160GB.  So, YouTube it is but I have to figure out the privacy thing there. 

John G.

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2020, 12:01:28 PM »

Looking forward to that. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2020, 12:09:53 PM »

Honor Blackman of James Bond fame and The Avengers has died.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »

It wasn't a "very old" old joke to me and I thought it was funny.  I'm sorry that it's upset your delicate sensibilities.  That certainly wasn't my intention.

I appreciate that.  As Bruce complains, I feel as if facebook is overwhelming with this stuff and I miss being free of it here.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 12:18:40 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - four hours of sleep - just couldn't fall back asleep at eight.  So, already have been to the mail place (no one there), and then right back home.  Gelson's looked busy but plenty of empty parking spaces seen.  And people alone in their cars driving - with a mask on.  Sorry, kids, stupid, at least to me it is.  But they buy into the panic and hysteria daily.  In a month or two, people will look back on this and understand how much the media and Facebook/Twitter caused much of the unnecessary crazy.  Sure, if it makes you comfy wear a mask into the market.  Kind of meaningless as long as you keep some distance, but I understand the comfort level.  Every time I read of new cases it's never because people got it from being in a store or masked or unmasked - never.  It's always from being in very close proximity to someone who has it, I mean like close, breathing on them close.

LOL, we must be reading different news.  The majority of new cases I read about have no idea where they got it and many were practicing basic social distancing. 

Jane

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2020, 12:20:17 PM »

I am wearing the mask because of my cough.  I don't think it protects me.  Keith is adamant I wear something.  Today we did our stressful trip to the market.  We split up now to reduce our time there.  I wipe everything I pick up with a sanitizer wipe before putting it into the basket that was also wiped.  I doubt I do a great job so everything is wiped again at home.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2020, 12:20:42 PM »

There were also many cars on the freeway - obviously not rush hour traffic or anything, but surprising in that exactly where are these people going?

For drives to get out of the house ;)

Jane

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2020, 12:21:58 PM »

Honor Blackman of James Bond fame and The Avengers has died.

Gosh, she was 94  :o

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »

BK, what a wonderful show!  There were so many laughs and so many beautiful moments. I also appreciated seeing so many talents I didn't know. I was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2020, 12:54:39 PM »

Here's a joke.

What did the Zero say to the Eight?

Nice belt.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2020, 12:54:46 PM »

Hahahahahaha.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2020, 01:25:56 PM »

For drives to get out of the house ;)

On the freeway?  I don't think so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2020, 01:27:26 PM »

elmore, glad you had fun.  If we have to cancel May, and I'm thinking that's unfortunately inevitable with all the BS that's going around, I may get an expert to help and we may do a livestream brand new Kritzerland show.

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2020, 01:33:23 PM »

DR JohnG wrote:
I would say that a good 50%-60% of people did not have their hands or faces covered. Most, though, did keep their distance.

Do most cities have people with their faces or hands covered?  I am not going into stores. But in Canada (at least where i am) they have said to keep the masks for the medical professionals.  They wash the grocery carts before each person uses them. You wash your hands before going in the store. And you stay 6 feet away from those around you.

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2020, 01:36:01 PM »

I am wearing the mask because of my cough.  I don't think it protects me.  Keith is adamant I wear something.  Today we did our stressful trip to the market.  We split up now to reduce our time there.  I wipe everything I pick up with a sanitizer wipe before putting it into the basket that was also wiped.  I doubt I do a great job so everything is wiped again at home.

Here only one person per family is allowed in the store at once. No couples. No kids.

They say if you aren't feeling well to wear a mask. But it's not really protecting you as you mentioned. it's protecting others.

John G.

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2020, 02:13:57 PM »

The Center for Disease Control out of Atlanta has now said to wear a mask if you’re around people.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »

I think it’s for their protection as well as your own. We don’t know who is infected, who’s a carrier and who’s vulnerable.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2020, 02:16:40 PM »

I’m in my last meeting of the day. It’s been a good, almost normal day.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2020, 03:42:36 PM »

RIP - Zev Buffman, producer, 89

I don't know how far and wide he was known, but for those of us growing up in South Florida in the 1960s and 1970s, his name was synonymous with the Coconut Grove Playhouse in Miami and the Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale. These were were our temples.

ChasSmith

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2020, 03:50:45 PM »

Thinking about it, his name and fame were right up there with conductor Emerson Buckley. For this teen (I'm still a teen, right?), those two were at the pinnacle of cultural life -- the classical music and Broadway touring worlds -- in South Florida in those years.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2020, 03:55:10 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up