Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CHOMPING AT THE BIT  (Read 19264 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:CHOMPING AT THE BIT
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2007, 05:54:33 PM »

We're seeing the Cirque du Soleil show WINTUK to celebrate Skip's birthday tomorrow.   I hear the snow effect is particularly spectacular.

Happy Birthday to SKIP!!!! Have a great time!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »

Hi Vixmom - good to see you....

FJL

« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »

Wasn't there an Emily Litella or similar bit about "What's all this fuss about Veterinarian's Day?  They make plenty of money, so why a special day for them?" or something like that?

FJL

« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2007, 06:07:20 PM »

vixmom - Skip says thanks for the early birthday wishes!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »

DR Jane, I hope you understood. It was just the line "I thought of you at the vet today" not the issues about Sherlock. You know I wish you the best on that

;D yes, i got it :)

Jane

« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2007, 06:22:53 PM »

All day today I was thinking about the friends I met here online... I just signed on a see an attorney from Iowa, a Vegetarian animal lover form Oregon and a Musical writing tax attorney from New York and fondly remember having dinner with all of them!!

I would not have had the pleasure of their company had it not have been for the vision of Bruce... thanks again Bruce  (

cute & sweet.  most of all i remember how much fun I had walking with you and the Vixter.

Jane

« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2007, 06:25:23 PM »

Cilla, good news on your good day, business wise.  I knew once you got there you would be great.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2007, 06:28:05 PM »

I'm back from a wonderful dinner with my cousin Jennifer, my Aunt Ginny, and her husband Dave.  Ginny is not in the best of shape: continual surgeries on blood clots in her leg, eye surgery in the local hospital which ended in a staff infection doing hell to her retina, and since she's in her late 70s I'm worried about her.  Her sense of humor is still intact, and we laughed throughout dinner. I told her all about the Macbeths' crimes against humanity, and she told me all about her neighbor Rhonda who was recently fired from her bar maid's job after a security video of her and her boyfrend having sex on a pool table after hours in the bar surfaced.  The owners showed it to Rhonda's husband.  Last week she attacked the boyfriend with a baseball bat.  I told them that it sounded as if Rhonda were auditioning for an episode of COPS.

I got back just in time to catch UGLY BETTY and events I didn't think would happen. What a great show.

DR MattH, what are the ratings like on LIFE? I love the show, and I missed last night's episode. I would hate to see NBC drop it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2007, 06:34:15 PM »

Sometimes modern technology is great.  We connected with sound and video tonight to see Craig in his new suit.  He wanted advice on which shirt & tie to wear with it.  He also got a nice overcoat.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2007, 06:36:15 PM »

DR elmore, it is wonderful reading of the fun you are having on this trip.  Health vibes to your DA Ginny.

Jennifer

« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2007, 06:39:05 PM »

RE: DANCING WITH THE STARS.

DR RonP, I think the best (Apolo Anton ono) won last season.

I do agree with you though that much of it is due to popularity. However re: DWTS, they don't usually have anyone that is not pretty decent at the end.  And people who were not popular (Mel B was in the B2 near the beginning) and who turn out to be great dancers have had their popularity turned around.

Jane

« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »

'night

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2007, 07:43:08 PM »

TOD:  Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring.

I have been contacted by yet another media outlet on my FF article.  I've never heard of this lady, but she claims she has millions of listeners on her on-line radio show.  She wants to IV me.  All this while Wikipedia yet again attempts to hijack my research while denying I exist.  :)

I spent the entire day on Project X and am now mostly done.  This may not be Grade A Rodgers, but I sure love a lot of it.  I think someone (me, perhaps) needs to write an article on Rodgers' incessant use of the augmented fourth.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2007, 07:53:41 PM »

Hey, are there any NYCers who might be able to record THIS for me on WCBS-TV (channel 2 in the tri-state area) on Tuesday, November 27th?  I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

DR George, I should be able to manage it!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2007, 07:54:13 PM »

Dang it all! I missed DR Dan (the Man)!  :(

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2007, 07:55:41 PM »

TOD:  Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring.

I have been contacted by yet another media outlet on my FF article.  I've never heard of this lady, but she claims she has millions of listeners on her on-line radio show.  She wants to IV me.  All this while Wikipedia yet again attempts to hijack my research while denying I exist.  :)

I spent the entire day on Project X and am now mostly done.  This may not be Grade A Rodgers, but I sure love a lot of it.  I think someone (me, perhaps) needs to write an article on Rodgers' incessant use of the augmented fourth.

OH I remember Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring. I liked it a lot

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2007, 08:03:42 PM »

re: this week's eliminated contestant on DANCING WITH THE STARS

DR TCB wrote:.

I am sorry Marie's dad passed away I really am.. But i don't find what i wrote heartless.  I have not lost a parent. But I don't think that diminishes my compassion for her.

I would have felt bad if marie osmond had been eliminated the week she was not there (the day after she found out her dad died).

But there are only i think 5 celebs left in the competition. And marie is clearly the weakest. I don't think it's right that she stays on forever just becauser her father passed away. Jane seymour's mother passed away.  And i also felt very happy for her that she was safe that week.

But what happens next week for marie? IT will still only be a few days after her dad's funeral?  And i actually also wondered if it might have been better for her if she had been eliminated the day after her father passed away. IT would have given her time to spend with her family (instead of spending that time practicing).

I am sorry though if i offended you in any way.

DR Jennifer, you did not offend me in any way.  You say that you have not lost a parent.  You are very lucky, because you always sound like a person who is very family oriented.  I was not suggsting that Marie be given the crown (or the tacky trophy) just because her father died.  The part I found heartless was your remark that a whole week had passed since her father died, as if that should be enough time to grieve the loss of a parent.

BTW, AOL keeps a totally unoffical ballot going each week as to who should win and who should lose on DANING WITH THE STARS.  They have been remarkably accurate, week in and week out, as to who should leave the show.  There poll also picked Cameron to leave the show, not Marie.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2007, 08:12:09 PM »

Well....he may be giving them what they want, but I am suffering.....and unless he takes my temperature, I won't call him Dr.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2007, 08:13:19 PM »

The SAWDUST AND TINSEL DVD has a three minute introduction by Ingmar Bergman. Surprisingly, the film originally got terrible reviews and was a bomb at the box-office. And because he didn't make it with the Swedish studio where he made all of his most famous works, the film has pretty much been out of circulation or limited to some lousy tapes and laserdisc.

The new Criterion disc really looks wonderful. Very sharp and excellent black and white rendering on the disc.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »

And in nipple news.

After decades of debate and controversy......indeed Miss Susan Hayward does have a wardrobe malfunction during the dance sequence of the title tune in "With a Song In My Heart."

Near the end of the dance sequence, in a medium long shot, her partner turns her, she lifts her arm over his head and voila!

For all the world to see.

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »

DR Elmore. LIFE had a bump in its ratings last night, but it has finished a distant third in the timeslot almost since the beginning of the season, so NBC may let it play out the episodes they have on hand (pre-strike), but I'm not expecting it to be renewed.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2007, 08:17:15 PM »

Eeuwww!  

Some of us have fond memories of having Frozen Hot Chocolate HERE after spending Thursday in the Park with Jose about a year ago.

Ginny, if we knew what took place in any restaurant in any city in the world; we would never eat out again.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2007, 08:19:27 PM »

I then listened to the audio commentary on the SAWDUST AND TINSEL DVD. It's by Peter Cowie who's done many commentaries for Bergman films, and it's excellent. Lots of information, delivered well, and with only a couple of silent spots.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »

Ginny, if we knew what took place in any restaurant in any city in the world; we would never eat out again.

Or even in my kitchen!  :P

Matt H.

« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2007, 08:20:48 PM »

UGLY BETTY had an excellent episode tonight which I dearly loved. Very touching. Henry is one of my favorite characters on the show. They're giving him great stuff to do this season.

Matt H.

« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »

Really loved GREY'S ANATOMY tonight, too. Some painful high school memories combined with some interesting stories.

And we get to see Dr. McDreamy's new love interest make her first appearance. I didn't much care for her.

Matt H.

« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »

WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB didn't have as interesting an episode tonight as some others have been. Angie Harmon's real-life husband Jason Sehorn popped in for one scene. The previews for tomorrow night's episode looked a bit more promising.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2007, 08:38:58 PM »

WITH A SONG IN MY HEART was another of those great movies that I first discovered while watching Saturday Night At the Movies on NBC.  I remember I was glad I was watching the movie by myself when we got to the scene with Robert Wagner as the shell-shocked soldier.  I sat there blubbering away through the whole scene.  It was strange, just a few years later to see almost the identical scene recreated in another Susan Hayward movie - VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2007, 08:41:22 PM »

Going to write for a little while and then head down to bed.

Good night!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2007, 08:48:56 PM »

WITH A SONG IN MY HEART was another of those great movies that I first discovered while watching Saturday Night At the Movies on NBC.  

And yet you failed to hum the theme for me when I was in need.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up