Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: INSERT SMILEY FACE HERE  (Read 13504 times)

Ben

Re: INSERT SMILEY FACE HERE
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »

I'm about to go out but before I go here is Page 2

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 08:25:16 AM »

TOD - doughnuts are a no-no for me, but I did eat one of these last month.  Fried Danish from Middletown's Central Pastry, my all-time favorite.

My favorites there are the apple fritters and cinnamon twists.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »

TOD - doughnuts are a no-no for me, but I did eat one of these last month.  Fried Danish from Middletown's Central Pastry, my all-time favorite.

My favorites there are the apple fritters and cinnamon twists.

LOL, DR Elmore - apple fritters are Richard's fave and cinnamon twists are Rob's!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »

Well, I've just heard the nadir on the Herbert songs. I have a dear friend whose voice has developed major problems between casting him for the recording in April and the sessions in October, and I'm very concerned, especially if this is our best take.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

Off to sell books - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 09:32:32 AM »

It's Saturday! MAybe I'll go buy doughnuts.
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »

I avoid doughnuts, too. Once in a while I'll have a Krispy Kreme.

I realize that this may be sacrilege, but I just don't understand the lure of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  I have had them piping hot ("Then blow on 'em first.") and I have had them after they have cooled; and I just don't know why people love them.  I mean they are okay, they don't taste like whale blubber or anything nasty; but they are average at best.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 09:49:53 AM »

There was this lady swimming in the fast lane who was bugging me.

She was going so slow.  Which would have been okay except that she was ahead of me. And every time I'd get to the end, instead of waiting for me to go ahead of her she would start. But only when I got there.

Don't people know swimming etiquette? Seems like common sense to me. I always let anyone faster go ahead of me.

I didn't know that there was such a thing as swimming etiquette.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »

I realize that this may be sacrilege, but I just don't understand the lure of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  I have had them piping hot ("Then blow on 'em first.") and I have had them after they have cooled; and I just don't know why people love them.  I mean they are okay, they don't taste like whale blubber or anything nasty; but they are average at best.

I'll second that! I prefer Dunkin' Donuts. And Milton's, in Middletown OH.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 09:56:11 AM »

I'll second that! I prefer Dunkin' Donuts. And Milton's, in Middletown OH.

We don't have Dunkin' Donuts out here anymore.  I wish we did.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »

I don't know that they are the best donuts I have ever had, but certainly the most memorable donuts I have had were from Voodoo Donuts in Portland, Oregon.  One of my co-workers drove down to Portland to pick them up for my birthday last year.  Check out their menu.

http://voodoodoughnut.com/menu.php

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »

She was going so slow.  Which would have been okay except that she was ahead of me. And every time I'd get to the end, instead of waiting for me to go ahead of her she would start. But only when I got there.

Don't people know swimming etiquette? Seems like common sense to me. I always let anyone faster go ahead of me.

Thursday groups of children took over the part of the pool I swim in so I moved to an empty lane.  I was doing rather well until someone joined me in my lane.  I think the etiquette at our pool is for each person to take one half of the wide lane.  I found without swimming in the middle following the black line on the bottom of the pool I can't swim in a straight line.  I kept swimming into the hard plastic lane divider.  I finally got out of the pool went to the hot tub.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 10:15:27 AM »

The showers were a mess. I got out after the babies were done but 10 minutes before everybody else had to get out. I had to wait 5 minutes for a shower. But by the time I got in everybody was getting out so there was a line for the showers. ANd 2 women had the nerve to open my shower door and ask if they could come in.

Most of the ladies there are sort of flabby and they just walk around naked. Sorry if i don't want anyone else in my shower. I nicely said no and said i'd hurry.
:)

LOL.  I don't use the shower there & try to avoid the locker room.  Oh the stories Keith tells about the locker room. :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »

I also have never understood the popularity of Krispy Kreme - when they were all the rage I was finally brought one and I just said "Yeah?"  It was okay but nothing near the best glazed I've had elsewhere. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »

I'm up after a good night's sleep.  Harvey Schmidt was in my dream for reasons I can't remember.

Ben

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 10:36:35 AM »

I'm old fashioned.

That's a cue for a song but it's also to notify Mr. Kimmel that I just mailed my order for one copy of the London Cast Recording of Carnival to Kritzerland Records. It should arrive in a few days. It may be considered an important envelope  ;)

Re: Krispy Kreme donuts. I never understood the acclaim either. They are no longer in New York City. They didn't take the town by storm.

When I was on tour with Sesame Street Live we went to some Southern states with KKs. The cast was all in rapture whenever we came to a town with KKs. I just stayed on the bus and silently wondered why.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 10:42:34 AM »

After reading all the donut posts I made a slice of cinnamon toast.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »

I don't know that they are the best donuts I have ever had, but certainly the most memorable donuts I have had were from Voodoo Donuts in Portland, Oregon.  One of my co-workers drove down to Portland to pick them up for my birthday last year.  Check out their menu.

Maybe next time I'm in Portland I'll remember to try one of these.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:27 AM »

Off to hike.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »

Caught up on e-mails and am going back to listening to music sequencing.

Jane

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »

Jennifer I just shared your shower story with Keith. ;D

Is the shower designed to be shared or is it one shower head?

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »

I love Krispy Kreme, but have not had one in ages (ever since the one near me closed).

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »

Thursday groups of children took over the part of the pool I swim in so I moved to an empty lane.  I was doing rather well until someone joined me in my lane.  I think the etiquette at our pool is for each person to take one half of the wide lane.  I found without swimming in the middle following the black line on the bottom of the pool I can't swim in a straight line.  I kept swimming into the hard plastic lane divider.  I finally got out of the pool went to the hot tub.

Here the etiquette is that every body goes up the right side and then comes back on the left (now their right).

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »

I didn't know that there was such a thing as swimming etiquette.

Well when you are swimming in the same lane as others there has to be. But what I ask is more common sense.

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »

The showers were a mess. I got out after the babies were done but 10 minutes before everybody else had to get out. I had to wait 5 minutes for a shower. But by the time I got in everybody was getting out so there was a line for the showers. ANd 2 women had the nerve to open my shower door and ask if they could come in.

Most of the ladies there are sort of flabby and they just walk around naked. Sorry if i don't want anyone else in my shower. I nicely said no and said i'd hurry.
:)

LOL.  I don't use the shower there & try to avoid the locker room.  Oh the stories Keith tells about the locker room. :P

There is no way to avoid the locker room since that is the way to the pool. I always get changed there. Where do you get changed after you've swam?

And it is required to take a shower before you swim. So everyone has to use the lockers. But I would not put on my clothes without taking a shower and washing my hair. Too much chlorine.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »

Jennifer I just shared your shower story with Keith. ;D

Is the shower designed to be shared or is it one shower head?

Well they are redoing the ladies locker room. So right now the family locker room is the ladies locker room. So it's a bit different. Not sure what the new ladies locker room will be. But the old ladies locker room had 10 showerheads out in the open (no curtains). And then 2 curtained showers.

The family room has 3 shower rooms. 2 have doors and the other doesn't have a door.  They each have 2 showers in them. But the one I was in only one shower head works.

I do get that since there are normally 2 showerheads in a room ... they wanted to share. But since the other showerhead doesn't work, and since I think it's fair to be allowed some privacy when you're naked and showering ... I had absolutely no problem telling those ladies to wait.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »

Here I sit, listening to both sequencings - not sure which way I want to go.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2011, 01:07:57 PM »

I'm old fashioned.

That's a cue for a song but it's also to notify Mr. Kimmel that I just mailed my order for one copy of the London Cast Recording of Carnival to Kritzerland Records. It should arrive in a few days. It may be considered an important envelope  ;)

Re: Krispy Kreme donuts. I never understood the acclaim either. They are no longer in New York City. They didn't take the town by storm.

When I was on tour with Sesame Street Live we went to some Southern states with KKs. The cast was all in rapture whenever we came to a town with KKs. I just stayed on the bus and silently wondered why.

You probably also went to some southern states with KKKs.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »

Bk - Whichever way you choose to go, only 13 to go for your new plateau

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2011, 01:09:45 PM »

Maybe next time I'm in Portland I'll remember to try one of these.

I'll wager it won't be the maple bar with bacon.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up