Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IAMB WHAT IAMB  (Read 19732 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:IAMB WHAT IAMB
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2005, 03:08:59 PM »

What a day...

Gotta love it when one of the two breaks people are out sick, and everyone gets cut back to one fifteen minute break per day instead of two.  At least we still had our 30 minute lunch.  My poor coworker...try telling a pregnant woman that she has to wait 3 1/2 hours to use the bathroom!  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2005, 03:21:29 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the production meeting at LACC.  Keep the home fries burning until my returning for which I know you'll be yearning.

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2005, 03:25:03 PM »

Bird flu is real and has been around for years - is it any greater threat than it has been in the past few years?Cynical perhaps, but creating any sense of fear and threat in a population is wonderful for government control. (and for shifting our focus!).
Deaths from bird flu in SE Asia over the past few years did not get the same publicity!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2005, 03:25:50 PM »

OH, I would have! I so loved my first taste of Matzoh Ball Soup!! Yum!

The matzoh ball was good but the brei didn’t look so hot.  If you ever come visit maybe we can persuade Keith to make you some.  I can make it, just his is better.

Danise

« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2005, 03:34:40 PM »

Good evening!  I can only stay a moment--dinner is almost ready but I wanted BK to know that I received my book and sparkling prize today!

It arrived in very good shape and I look forward to starting it on the bus tomorrow!

I was told it is ok to say to have a "Good Fast" so that is what I wish for you all whose holiday it is.  I also wish you a fast fast.  ;)

Ding!  Dinner is served!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2005, 04:17:43 PM »

Hi all, I, too, received my book and sparkling prize today, thank you BK!  We are having our annual office outing tomorrow and it's here in Sioux City. (We have offices in 4 cities around the state and get together in one of them every fall). I got the job of making up a trivia game so we can have a competition for administrative leave.  I sent out a questionnaire and had some great answers. Most of them are too racy to use in the contest, but they made me laugh for several days.

Tonight it's "the dinner" before the outing at Botticelli's I'm looking forward to Chicken Piccata - one of my favs.

Tomorrow we have a little training, a little pizza, a little bowling (where did I put my shoes and my sparkling purple bowling ball???)  and the trivia game.  I'm really glad I don't have to travel this year.  The next closest office is 3 1/2 hours away and the farthest is about 7 hours away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2005, 04:20:10 PM »

Well, I better go, the last person to turn in her questionnaire promised me a martini for being so late and the restaurant is only 6 blocks from here, so I am going to walk and enjoy having a martini or two with no driving to do.

If it was raining I could say, "time to get out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini" but it was a lovely day here in Iowa, so I'll just skip the wet clothes and head straight for the martini.

Laters!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2005, 05:38:52 PM »

Bird flu is real and has been around for years - is it any greater threat than it has been in the past few years?Cynical perhaps, but creating any sense of fear and threat in a population is wonderful for government control. (and for shifting our focus!).
Deaths from bird flu in SE Asia over the past few years did not get the same publicity!

I don't think the government needs to do anything to heighten the fears of the medical community and the general population, at least not on the West Coast of the United States.  We are already years overdue for a world-wide pandemic.  Most of us have watched the stories out of Asia for the past few years with interest and with growing fear.  

Many west coast cities (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco) serve as the gateway between Asia and the rest of the United States, and all of those cities have major Asian populations.  This particular strain of Avian flu (H5N1) began to affect humans in 2003.  Whether or not the pandemic will begin this year or next year is not known, but by the time it does strike, it will already be too late to stop it before millions of people are infected by the disease.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2005, 05:41:25 PM »

Hi all, I, too, received my book and sparkling prize today, thank you BK!

I am leaving work in 15 minutes or so.  Hopefully, my book and sparkling prize will be waiting for me when I get home! ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 05:43:51 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2005, 06:08:46 PM »

Glad SOMEONE received their book!  Let us know what you think after you've read it, Cillaliz.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2005, 06:10:59 PM »

Our production meeting went very well.  I was impressed with the set designer - I began the meeting being very strong about my set ideas - they were very different from what he'd been thinking of - then he showed me a sketch, which was indeed different, but some of which I really liked, so I think we'll use a combo platter between his sketch and a few of my ideas.

The lighting guy is great, too - he's done a ton of concerts and stuff, so I know he'll know exactly what to do, and the good news is that unlike most benefits, we'll actually have the time to properly light the show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2005, 06:12:10 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  You'd think it was Yom Kippur and that everyone here was/is a Jew.  As a Jew, I'm happy to say I have fasted the entire day.  I'm now starving - perhaps I'll eat some pork.  Perhaps not.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2005, 06:16:54 PM »

And it's raining in my heart, to boot.

That is such a beautiful way to express your feelings.  I hope the sun is beginning to peek through now.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2005, 06:20:31 PM »

Jose did you MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA or are you thinking of reading it?

Ginny how was your book discussion and do you recommend the book?

Jane

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2005, 06:26:33 PM »

Like Pogue I’m having problems remembering (I can claim jet lag  ::)) what I saw last so I will just name two I thought highly of, BROKEN FLOWERS & BATMAN BEGINS.

I just added PAPER CLIPS to my NetFlix queue.   We already have 40 YEAR OLD on there.

Danise

« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2005, 06:27:40 PM »

Glad SOMEONE received their book!  Let us know what you think after you've read it, Cillaliz.

I guess I'm a chopped matzoh ball.   :-\   ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2005, 06:33:33 PM »

Having lived in his home environment for 3 days, I can assure you that "crap" is not the strongest language being used by our friend Elmore3003! LOL!

Gasp!  You mean Elmore says "Poop!"?  :o   Quite frankly, I'm shocked.     If he says that four letter word, he might say others  like (I shutter to think of it)....... "Work"!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2005, 06:36:27 PM »

My copy of Rewind and my sparkling something-or-other arrived today, too.  I'm glad I have a 3-day weekend coming up to read the book.

Jane - Founding Mothers is somewhat dry reading but the stories are interesting.  I can email you the articles that I sent to our group if you're interested.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2005, 06:39:35 PM »

Gasp!  You mean Elmore says "Poop!"?  :o   Quite frankly, I'm shocked.     If he says that four letter word, he might say others  like (I shutter to think of it)....... "Work"!

DRDanise, "work" is the dirtiest 4-letter word I know!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2005, 06:40:28 PM »

Everyone's getting REWIND today except for me!  Curse this weather, curse the mail!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2005, 06:42:11 PM »

Everyone's getting REWIND today except for me!  Curse this weather, curse the mail!

Well from what you were saying about things melting in your mailbox that might be a GOOD thing.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2005, 06:43:32 PM »

What is the matter with you people?
The correct spelling is "the bird flew."

Sheesh.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2005, 06:44:35 PM »

I've been seeing fewer movies the past few years, but I did enjoy the 40-year-old Virgin.
And there are a couple out now that I want to see: THE SQUID AND THE WHALE for one.

Danise

« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2005, 06:45:18 PM »

DRDanise, "work" is the dirtiest 4-letter word I know!

But I think I could handle filthy "rich"!  ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2005, 06:50:45 PM »

Glad Danise and Ginny got their books today, and hope they enjoy the reading of same.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »

Now I know why I was so incredibly lucky and made it home Monday night-it was all those HHW good vibes.  Thank you.  

I really was incredibly lucky.  Somehow my timing was right and the flights that were booked opened up for me just as I reached the counter.  Spending the night in cold Denver, without my suitcase, would not have been fun.

Danise airport slush is not the snow you want to see.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2005, 06:52:03 PM »

Thanks Ginny, I will pass on the book.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2005, 06:52:12 PM »

I'm reallllly hungry, but I cannot eat until this gal comes by to check out my broken blinds in the dining room.  One window's blinds have broken - the threads have come undone and it won't pull up straight anymore, so she's checking to see what kind they are and the size and then she'll go find me a replacement.

Danise

« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2005, 06:52:22 PM »

Sigh, I have to go.  This has been the longest 8 day 4 day week on record.  I didn't think it would EVER be over.  Last week just flew by!

BTW, I finely got around to DR Jason's email.  Wow, what a voice!

DR Jane and Ginny, in case I didn't say it, I was so glad to spend time with you both.  I hope we can all do it again sometime.  Staying in the same hotel was fun.  

Have a GREAT evening all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2005, 06:58:40 PM »

Tommy Tune is going to be Dr. Dolittle. He is going to revamp the failed touring production. Directing and starring and choreographer. I am sure he will also have a hand in the rewrites as well.

If I know Tommy Tune he probably thinks it is a sequel to My Fair Lady in which we follow Eliza's father going to Oxford and get his doctorate in philosphy and at the same time learning to become a gentlemen when he joins the house of lords.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up