Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAM FLIES  (Read 14613 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: DREAM FLIES
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »

Page Six!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »

I am back  from the chorus rehearsal. Nice folk. I went out for a glass of Guinness with our other member of the Dublin team, Joe Csibi, and got back for a bit of rehearsal. Tomorrow, the cast comes in.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »

OK, Washingtonians, what is life like in Yakima? And has anyone seen a magazine called Good Fruit Grower? Just saw a job posted for it. Sounds wonderful. But I think I'm too stuck to want to move.

Well, the best thing I can say about Yakima (Yaki-Vegas) is that it is less than two horus away from Seattle.  Seriously, it is a small city, large migrant population, basically a farming town.

I am afraid I am not familiar with that magazine; and I was prety sure I had read all of the magazines dealing with the subject of fruit.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:21:23 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2012, 01:57:08 PM »

Yesterday was very busy.  Went to the lake and mom gave me a walnut vanity with a mirror that I used to have in my room and the lake when I was growing up and that I had at my apartment in college.   Her comment was "now, nothing else in here is your's right?"  I had to laugh.  I was concerned about getting the vanity in the house, but I took out all the drawers and took the mirror off the back and was able to carry it upstairs myself.   It made me feel like I can actually do things with my left arm again.

Be careful!
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

Are we still asking questions -

Are there barbells or dumbbells in this establishment?

Oh, Jose's gone.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

I am back in California, for a few days anyway.  Flight home was close to unbearable, but we landed safely.  Loved Munich, but probably won't go back.  I'd like to see other parts of Germany, though.   We had a lovely time in Salzberg on "The Sound of Music" tour, which was so much fun.  We also went to Neuschwanstein, which was great - even the trek up the mountain was great. and it was quite a trek.  Much sausage was eaten and much beer was consumed, as well as schnitzel with noodles - one of my favorite things. 

I've caught up on the notes.  Will try and ketchup on the posts.

I am glad that you made it home safely.  It doesn't sound like you had the greatest time, but, at least, there were some highlights.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »

Right now I'm at home while the AC guy services my air conditioner.   My AC guy is actually Edith's husband.  Since my ac and furnace are new since I bought the hosue. He talked me into a service contract.  He comes out twice a year and cleans and tunes the ac in and outside and the furnace.  The best part is, should it go out in the middle of the night in the middle of the winter, they come and don't charge overtime.

I tried to make something out of Edith's husband servicing Anderson Cooper, but apparently Cilla is wise to my devious mind.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »

I am back in California, for a few days anyway.  Flight home was close to unbearable, but we landed safely.  Loved Munich, but probably won't go back.  I'd like to see other parts of Germany, though.   We had a lovely time in Salzberg on "The Sound of Music" tour, which was so much fun.  We also went to Neuschwanstein, which was great - even the trek up the mountain was great. and it was quite a trek.  Much sausage was eaten and much beer was consumed, as well as schnitzel with noodles - one of my favorite things. 

Glad you had a great trip. I did a route similar to yours when I was 15. There were five of us crammed into a Volkswagen going through northern Austria and southern Germany, including trips to Neuschwanstein (or however it's spelled). And yes, great beer and sausages and schnitzel.

You were drinking beer at 15?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »

Glad Germany was good, even if the flight was tough, matthew.  Looking forward to as much detail as you feel like sharing.  i don;t know if I'll ever get there, so I would enjoy hearing about it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »

OK, Washingtonians, what is life like in Yakima? And has anyone seen a magazine called Good Fruit Grower? Just saw a job posted for it. Sounds wonderful. But I think I'm too stuck to want to move.

Frances Farmer's sister Edith lived in Yakima for many years - before she died - but I am not sure that that is a recommendation.

I plan to live in Manhattan while I'm alive, but I'm considering settling in Yakima for my after-life.  Sounds like a perfect place for it.  or maybe Scranton, if Yakima doesn't work out.

Yakima is a nice place to be dead.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2012, 02:04:19 PM »

Glad you had a great trip. I did a route similar to yours when I was 15. There were five of us crammed into a Volkswagen going through northern Austria and southern Germany, including trips to Neuschwanstein (or however it's spelled). And yes, great beer and sausages and schnitzel.

Going on 16.  or is that the wrong country?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2012, 02:05:57 PM »

Back from storage, eating, and picking up two packages - one from Harvey Schmidt.  I guess for you loyal dear readers i will tell you we're releasing a box set of his albums called Music in a Texas Town - he did four volumes, which he gave as Xmas presents to friends.  It's our first real box set and will have a real box - Harvey's designing all that stuff.  We're also releasing his two film scores, A Texas Romance and Bad Company.

Ooh. Nice. Sounds great.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »

Going on 16.  or is that the wrong country?

I drank beer and wine on my first trip to Germany, which was back when I was 7.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »

Well, the best thing I can say about Yakima (Yaki-Vegas) is that it is less than two horus away from Seattle.  Seriously, it is a small city, large migrant population, basically a farming town.

I am afraid I am not familiar with tha tmagazine; and I was prety sure I had read all of the magazines dealing with the subject of fruit.
LOL!
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »

Back from storage, eating, and picking up two packages - one from Harvey Schmidt.  I guess for you loyal dear readers i will tell you we're releasing a box set of his albums called Music in a Texas Town - he did four volumes, which he gave as Xmas presents to friends.  It's our first real box set and will have a real box - Harvey's designing all that stuff.  We're also releasing his two film scores, A Texas Romance and Bad Company.

That's so cool!  I found Bad Company on IMDB.  I haven't found much of anything on "A Texas Romance"...other than I think it's a short, animated film from 1909.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2012, 02:17:44 PM »

It's not been a day for good news. I just found out that a friend I used to work discovered her mother's body after the mother had committed suicide. Jenny had had a long history of dealing with her mother's mental condition, which could be a bit like a roller coaster, and I guess her mom reached the point where she just couldn't go on. So, please keep Jenny in your thoughts, prayers and vibes today.  

How horrible, John.  I suppose those committing suicide never stop to think about the shock for those who must find them.  My prayers and thoughts for Jenny, and may her mother be at peace at last.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:10 PM »

That's so cool!  I found Bad Company on IMDB.  I haven't found much of anything on "A Texas Romance"...other than I think it's a short, animated film from 1909.

There are a couple of questions in the Message Boards for "Bad Company" asking about the soundtrack.  I wonder if someone could post the info, once it's officially announced. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »

A Harvey Schmidt Box.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:45 PM »

I shall now be on my way to what some people call a rehearsal.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »

I shall now be on my way to what some people call a rehearsal.

Break Legs!!

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »

Are we still asking questions -

Are there barbells or dumbbells in this establishment?

Oh, Jose's gone.

Dumbbells, for sure.

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »

Speaking of AC (the man, not the machine), there are reports (with photos) that his boyfriend has been stepping out on him as he was snapped sucking face with another guy in Central Park.

Poor Anderson. If he was my boyfriend I would never cheat on him.

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »

TOD:

I listen to the podcasts that BK is a guest on, and the Podcasts that DR Ben is a guest one, but that is about it.

I have at times tried to listen to other podcasts, but I always seem to get distracted and end up never hearing the whole thing.

Was Internet Radio part of the TOD? If so, I do listen to internet radio at work (on my own laptop, as we are not allowed to connect to streaming music on work computers...guess it gumms up the works, or something). Raaga.com and RadioTeenTaal.com are the two I listen to the most. Bollywood music, both of them.

MBarnum

« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »

DR ChasSmith, I found a suitable replacement for REFORM SCHOOL GIRL. I will be sending you a nice copy of that drive-in classic from 1958, HIGH SCHOOL HELL CATS. I think you will enjoy it.

MBarnum

« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »

They just don't make movies like that anymore!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2012, 03:11:43 PM »

Today is Alfred Hitchcock's birthday and to celebrate, Huff Post has posted trailers for 10 of his better movies:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com////happy-birthday-alfred-hit_n_1771343.html?1344859267&utm_hp_ref=arts#slide=more244354

Boy, that was like pulling teeth to try and watch all ten of those trailers.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »

I just saw that Helen Gurley Brown has passed away at age 90. For some reason I thought she had passed on some years ago.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »

In other news...

Yesterday's first presentation went very well. And that was followed by a staff BBQ. Which was followed by a Q&A panel with the writers. Which was then followed by an impromptu visit to one of San Jose's "adult alternative/alternative adult" establishments. ::)

Is that anything like a queer bar?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2012, 03:16:42 PM »

...We had all just planned to stay for about an hour and one round of drinks... But then some random(?) gentleman ended up buying all of us a round of drinks, so... We ended up staying for a little more than an hour. ::)

*All in all, it was a perfect way to end a very busy, stressful, but productive week of rehearsals and rewrites.

Hello?  Random gentlemen buying drinks at "adult alternative" establishments and then we jump to the next morning deciding whether to drive to san Francisco?  Were you testing to see if anybody's reading?

Why do I sense that a <door slam> should be inserted here?

Maybe you should have cut to the scene of waves crashing on the beach?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »

How exciting!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up