Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAM FLIES  (Read 14431 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: DREAM FLIES
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »

I ordered 3 books from Barnes & Noble since I don't have much on my Nook to read.  I'm expecting a few books from the library which haven't come in yet.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I guess I'm not going to San Francisco tonight. And that's OK.

How long are you going to be there?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ChasSmith

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen...
The Driveway People have left the building.

Okay, they left the driveway.  And yrs truly is six grand poorer. 

SIX GRAND.  (Is it just a cruel coincidence that that's the same amount the AC will be?)

And that's a very fair price for what I got.  Nevertheless, I am feeling a bit faint.  I need a libation.

Jane

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »

Ouch!!  I'm sure you will enjoy the driveway and be glad you did it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

In the meantime, I had a nice lunch at Gloria's Taqueria where I ate about half of the torta they served me. It was HUGE! And then I biked over to Kittiez to get my hair cut. And now I'm sitting back in my apartment checking movie schedules for tonight. We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »

Good Evening!

DR TCB - I fly back to NYC on Sunday. We have one more week of "boot camp".

San Francisco is part of my "vacation loop" in September, and that's the main reason I didn't feel like I had to go this time.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »

Whoops, with all the talk, did we neglect to put up the link to the article and photos of Anderson Cooper's boyfriend Ben kissing the man in the park?  (For some reason, i'd just assumed we had.  if we have, sorry for the repeat, since after all...

i never repeat scurrilous gossip, so listen carefully the first time

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187348/Anderson-Coopers-boyfriend-spotted-kissing-man-New-York-park.html

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »

DR MBarnum - The next time you visit NYC, I'll take you to The Phoenix. You can kiss AC while you're there.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »

DR MBarnum - The next time you visit NYC, I'll take you to The Phoenix. You can kiss AC while you're there.

What?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »

Good Evening!

San Francisco is part of my "vacation loop" in September, and that's the main reason I didn't feel like I had to go this time.

DR Jose, you've packed more all-hours fun and late-night frolic into your 20 years of single life than I had in my entire ten years.

Wait, is that what I meant to say, that didn't sound right

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2012, 06:27:39 PM »

DR MBarnum - Although, I guess I could take you to Eastern Bloc instead. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »

Whoops, with all the talk, did we neglect to put up the link to the article and photos of Anderson Cooper's boyfriend Ben kissing the man in the park?  (For some reason, i'd just assumed we had.  if we have, sorry for the repeat, since after all...

i never repeat scurrilous gossip, so listen carefully the first time

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187348/Anderson-Coopers-boyfriend-spotted-kissing-man-New-York-park.html

Oh, please.  That is Ben's cousin.  His kissin' cousin.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:25 PM »

I am back in California, for a few days anyway.  Flight home was close to unbearable, but we landed safely.  Loved Munich, but probably won't go back.  I'd like to see other parts of Germany, though.   We had a lovely time in Salzberg on "The Sound of Music" tour, which was so much fun.  We also went to Neuschwanstein, which was great - even the trek up the mountain was great. and it was quite a trek.  Much sausage was eaten and much beer was consumed, as well as schnitzel with noodles - one of my favorite things. 

I've caught up on the notes.  Will try and ketchup on the posts.
Glad you had a great trip. I did a route similar to yours when I was 15. There were five of us crammed into a Volkswagen going through northern Austria and southern Germany, including trips to Neuschwanstein (or however it's spelled). And yes, great beer and sausages and schnitzel.

You were drinking beer at 15?

Going on 16.  or is that the wrong country?

I drank beer and wine on my first trip to Germany, which was back when I was 7.

A few sips from your parent's glasses?
More than that. And I liked it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »

DR MBarnum - Although, I guess I could take you to Eastern Bloc instead. ::)

What?  What?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2012, 06:33:12 PM »

What?

I think he said something about Phoenix - as in the song "By the Time he gets to Phoenix he'll be rising" - it's an old song from when I knew what "alternative establishments" were used for.   I don't think vending machines even existed back in the day.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2012, 06:34:21 PM »

Good Evening!

DR Jose, you've packed more all-hours fun and late-night frolic into your 20 years of single life than I had in my entire ten years.

DR FJL - When we headed over to "Tinker's Damn" - yes, that's the name of the name of the place - none of us had any idea what were in store for last night. In fact, we almost walked out as soon as we walked in since it was a little too low-key. But then Hayden asked if there was a drag show tonight, and when the bartender said, "Yes", well... And that's when Jimmy, the waiter, unrolled the drapes that formed the "stage". That's also when Jimmy "unrolled" his jeans. And when we told the Hostess that it was Colin's birthday, well... Oh, and there was that free round of drinks. And Joan Jett/Alicia Keys and Britney Spears/Debbie Gibson...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »

What?

I think he said something about Phoenix - as in the song "By the Time he gets to Phoenix he'll be rising" - it's an old song from when I knew what "alternative establishments" were used for.   I don't think vending machines even existed back in the day.

Only the fifty cents ones in the Men's Room.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »

I am back in California, for a few days anyway.  Flight home was close to unbearable, but we landed safely.  Loved Munich, but probably won't go back.  I'd like to see other parts of Germany, though.   We had a lovely time in Salzberg on "The Sound of Music" tour, which was so much fun.  We also went to Neuschwanstein, which was great - even the trek up the mountain was great. and it was quite a trek.  Much sausage was eaten and much beer was consumed, as well as schnitzel with noodles - one of my favorite things. 

Glad you had a great trip. I did a route similar to yours when I was 15. There were five of us crammed into a Volkswagen going through northern Austria and southern Germany, including trips to Neuschwanstein (or however it's spelled). And yes, great beer and sausages and schnitzel.

Maybe if my first taste of beer had been good German beer I would like it today instead of disliking it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »

Good Evening!

DR FJL - When we headed over to "Tinker's Damn" - yes, that's the name of the name of the place - none of us had any idea what were in store for last night. In fact, we almost walked out as soon as we walked in since it was a little too low-key. But then Hayden asked if there was a drag show tonight, and when the bartender said, "Yes", well... And that's when Jimmy, the waiter, unrolled the drapes that formed the "stage". That's also when Jimmy "unrolled" his jeans. And when we told the Hostess that it was Colin's birthday, well... Oh, and there was that free round of drinks. And Joan Jett/Alicia Keys and Britney Spears/Debbie Gibson...

Exactly how far down did Jimmy unroll his jeans?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »

Also up for pre-order is a Punjabi movie I have been highly anticipating! JATT AND JULIET. The star of the film is one of my Facebook 'friends' and it has been fun seeing his excitement with this movie, his second film, which has become a huge hit.

If you are at all curious, here is the trailer. Even though there are no subtitles to this trailer I still laughed several times. And everyone is so pretty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVsvcvN_XlM

That does look fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

Maybe if my first taste of beer had been good German beer I would like it today instead of disliking it.

Is German beer served cold?  Or room temp.?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2012, 06:40:00 PM »

Was Ophelia Thighs there too?

John G.

« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »

Speaking of AC (the man, not the machine), there are reports (with photos) that his boyfriend has been stepping out on him as he was snapped sucking face with another guy in Central Park.

Poor Anderson. If he was my boyfriend I would never cheat on him.

Am I the only one that thinks DR MBarnum could easily play the role of Anne in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC?

Is the pay good?

TCB - I see him more as a Petra or a Carl-Magnus. Really, could he really be the right type for virginal, pure Ann in NIGHT MUSIC? 
Forgive me, but purity is not necessarily the first thing one would associate with the content of the various Bollywood postings and He-man photographic attachments and and what-not
How about Frid?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »

Just had a very nice e-mail from Jonathan Tunick re Follies.
That's great. Did he single any moment out that he was surprised by?
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »

Was Ophelia Thighs there too?

No, but Sophanda Dix was there.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2012, 06:45:43 PM »

Speaking of AC (the man, not the machine), there are reports (with photos) that his boyfriend has been stepping out on him as he was snapped sucking face with another guy in Central Park.

Am I the only one that thinks DR MBarnum could easily play the role of Anne in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC?

Is the pay good?

TCB - I see him more as a Petra or a Carl-Magnus. Really, could he really be the right type for virginal, pure Ann in NIGHT MUSIC? 
Forgive me, but purity is not necessarily the first thing one would associate with the content of the various Bollywood postings and He-man photographic attachments and and what-not
How about Frid?

No bit parts for MBarnum.  Featured roles.  We don't want him relocating to new york and having to wind up unable to afford rent and having to camp out on someone's  fire escape or something like that.

FJL

« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2012, 06:48:01 PM »

Just had a very nice e-mail from Jonathan Tunick re Follies.
That's great. Did he single any moment out that he was surprised by?

I think the fact that he had to pay for the CD may have taken him aback.

(Kidding, that's a joke, that's a joke.)

FJL

« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2012, 06:52:10 PM »

So was this what we used to call a strip joint?

Like the old Follies in D.C. (or are you too young to remember that, Jose?)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »

Is the pay good?

How about Frid?

No bit parts for MBarnum.  Featured roles.  We don't want him relocating to new york and having to wind up unable to afford rent and having to camp out on someone's  fire escape or something like that.

Or have to depend on the "kindness of strangers."
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

Lots of pain tonight.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up