Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS  (Read 26861 times)

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
Re:NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2003, 11:19:11 AM »

Jennifer---OOPS!   :o  I certainly did not mean to steal a comment from Miss Emily!  My bad!  I don't want to be a post-thief!

TCB--I hope that you can find the time soon to get the hip surgery!    

Ben--thanks for the nice wishes for the play!   ;D I'm  not entirely convinced that there is a Macbeth curse, but I certainly don' t want to risk it...like I heard in one production of the play, the set fell on the actors!  

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2003, 11:30:46 AM »

DR Ben wrote:
Jen, you're on-line. 2 to go. PUSH!!!

Are we having a baby or what? :)

Okay here it comes .... 251. Senior member. Another star!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2003, 11:30:46 AM »

Here's a nice video feature on "Wicked" with comments from folks at the opening, plus scenes from the show!!!

http://www.broadway.com/MM_videofeature_play.asp?VID=142

Jason

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2003, 11:32:44 AM »

I'm at work and I hate it. The Dragon Lady struck again--this time hiding work from me and then giving it to my supervisor, making me look bad. I don't know what her beef is with me, but I'm over it, ladies and germs...I am SO over it. I'm just biding my time until we have a huge fight right in the middle of the office. I can't wait.

I've never broken a bone, but I'm willing to break one of hers! :)

Congrats on the record number of posts last night. Pretty impressive. I went to bed super early after seeing I AM MY OWN WIFE, so I couldn't participate. Tonight I'm working LA BOHEME at the Met.

Until later...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2003, 11:32:48 AM »

DR Ben wrote:
Jen, you're on-line. 2 to go. PUSH!!!

Are we having a baby or what? :)

Okay here it comes .... 251. Senior member. Another star!

Nossirree, huh-uh!  I ain't saying a thing!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2003, 11:33:26 AM »

Maya... you have a great day too :)

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2003, 11:35:46 AM »

DR Maya wrote:
Jennifer---OOPS!    I certainly did not mean to steal a comment from Miss Emily!  My bad!  I don't want to be a post-thief!

Okay I am so confused.

Didn't you get the Jen and Ben comments from what Emily wrote?

Emily

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2003, 11:36:22 AM »

I'm  not entirely convinced that there is a Macbeth curse, but I certainly don' t want to risk it...like I heard in one production of the play, the set fell on the actors!

I've had a set fall on me (okay... okay... so it wasn't really a set.  It was a fake Christmas tree) but we were doing a scene from A Midsummer's Night's Dream en français.

We had to stop the scene because we were all laughing so hard (plus the tree had knocked any chance of me remembering French Shakespearian Dialogue - I, who was playing Lysandre, kept shouting "je vous aime point!" to the poor girl playing Hermia over and over again opening one of the lines would pop back into my head until we eventually called it.)

We got really good marks for it though!  I think the French teacher took pity on assigning my group SHAKESPEARE! :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2003, 11:40:44 AM »

Ron -- How wonderful that must have been for you.  I had forgotten about Greece, but it is definitely on my list.

It is strange, but I feel somewhat the same way in New York.  The very first time I set foot in The City, I felt like I had come home.  Maybe it is because it the heart of theater, or maybe indeed it started in a former life.  I know that I had a Psychic tell me that I had been on the Titanic, and that was without knowing a thing about my life-long fascination with the ship.  So, who knows?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Emily

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2003, 11:44:02 AM »

I just received a $5 gift certificate from amazon.ca in my e-mail inbox!

Yippee!

Any suggestions on any good cast albums I should buy with it? :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2003, 11:46:07 AM »

DR TCB - never pictured me wearing a cowell-neck sweater huh?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2003, 11:50:54 AM »

Actually, I think the real theater curse is on Sartre’s No Exit.  Anyone who goes to see a production of it will be cursed with boredom until the show ends.

Okay, okay Sartre fans, it was just a joke!  Kind of.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2003, 11:56:51 AM »

DR Maya - one of the funniest things anyone has ever said to me was:  "Kisses on your opening!"

William E. Lurie

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2003, 11:57:43 AM »

In case you hadn't heard...

Rosie trial a draw

Judge decides not to award damages in highly publicized battle over the demise of a magazine.
November 12, 2003: 2:46 PM EST
By Meghan Collins, CNN/Money Staff Writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A judge ruled Wednesday that neither side in the Rosie O'Donnell trial deserved damages in her dispute with her former publisher over the demise of Rosie magazine.

Rosie O'Donnell on her way into court in New York Wednesday morning.
In his statement, New York Supreme Court Justice Ira Gammerman said the lawsuit was "ill-conceived," CNNfn reported. Gammerman also said that outside of legal fees, neither side proved any damages.

An estimate that the magazine was worth a projected $65 million was tossed around but not backed up by testimony, he added, noting there was no proof that the magazine was going to be a profitable venture, as there had been testimony that it was losing money.

Gammerman said really what was at stake were bragging rights.

But despite the lack of a ruling in favor of either side, one expert said O'Donnell is the real winner.

"I think it's a big victory for Rosie. Who doesn't?," said Charles Sims, a partner in the entertainment law practice of Proskauer Rose LLP. "Rosie didn't want this fight. She wouldn't have brought this lawsuit if they didn't sue her (first). She just wanted to show that the claims were unjustified."

Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2003, 11:58:43 AM »

The only broken bone I've had was a broken arm, sustained when I was riding on my Honda 50 (when I was seventeen) and someone made a u-turn in front of me without warning and I smashed into their car, flew over the car and then landed on the ground.  Lucky it was only a broken arm.  Funnily, one of my witnesses to the accident was named Hy Pike, and years later I hired him to play my Uncle Benny in TFNM.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2003, 12:00:21 PM »

Is there a way to remove the Boo option?  I can’t imagine anyone intentionally clicking on the button.

I’m a bit slow in responding.  JMK, my son lives on Lovejoy in the Pearl District.  I hadn’t made the connection before.  Next time we visit I shall have him point out the other Simpson streets.

I haven’t had a problem accessing the archives.  I just keep scrolling down until I find the correct section I want.

Now to read today’s posts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2003, 12:01:19 PM »

Interesting Filichia column!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2003, 12:03:53 PM »

Actually, Jrand, it was the hair that threw me off.

Thank you, Maya, for the kind thoughts.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2003, 12:11:54 PM »

Topic d'Jour

BK:  You seem to have had such an interesting and varied life.  What is the strangest job you have ever had (All other DRs, feel free to answer about your strangest job, as well)?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 12:12:42 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Emily

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2003, 12:15:18 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/mmedia/politics/111103-2s.htm

Guess which Democratic Presidential Candidate likes Rogers and Hammerstein?  

I don't have access to speakers... tell me what he sounds like :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2003, 12:17:56 PM »

Well DR Emily he is a bit flat in spots and he doesn't hold the whole notes, but if he auditioned for me, I would put him in the farmer's chorus.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2003, 12:19:10 PM »

Since I was nineteen I have wanted to take a photo safari through Africa.  That trip is now taking second place to my desire to travel through Eastern Europe and trace my roots.  More importantly the trip will include a stop in Romania to see our son.  He says we must also see Prague while we are there.

Emily

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2003, 12:19:58 PM »

lol Jrand

Ben

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2003, 12:20:04 PM »

Em, no current (or dead for that matter) Broadway leading men need worry.

Emily

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2003, 12:21:43 PM »

how great would it be if the candidates had a sing-off?

I am sure that somewhere, all my Poli-Sci profs just shivered :)

Michael

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2003, 12:31:44 PM »

Ron Pulliam asked what is the difference between a fractured psyche and a fractured psycho.  The same difference between a name and a namo - one small letter, but, oh, what a difference.

That was a real good one! Applause!
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2003, 12:32:34 PM »

TCB see you in Egypt. I think it is about half way between us.
Re: Sgt Staff Sgt Barry Sadler: Did you know there as an answer song "He Wore The Green Beret" by Leslie Miller? Another need to know item.
Strangest job. Washing Blind Venetians. OK It was Venetian Blinds. I also looked after entrance to a car park at Melbourne Olympic Pool (built for the 1956 games) and because of penalty rates was being paid much more than I was as a Senior High School Teacher during the week days! I also taught Ballroom Dancing for a short while. A lot of poeple thought that was strange!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2003, 12:37:15 PM »

LC-21 teeth pulled!  I can’t imagine.  

TCB I have never heard of an artificial hip turning.  Does this happen without being the fault of the surgeon?

No broken bones as a child, even when my ankle got caught in the spoke of the bike.  I assure you all of the neighbors heard my scream when that happened.  Luckily for me I never fell out of a tree.  It seemed as if I did fall at least once a day and became rather the expert at rolling with my falls.  As an adult I had a hairline fracture of my ankle which didn’t hurt nearly as much as the sprain I acquired a few year earlier when my dog crashed into me.  Reminds me, that same dog caused me to break my little toe.  I’m pretty sure one of our puppies broke my nose once.  Since I was the only person who could detect the little bump that wasn’t there before, I never went to the doctor to confirm my diagnosis.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2003, 12:39:30 PM »

TCB see you in Egypt. I think it is about half way between us.
Re: Sgt Staff Sgt Barry Sadler: Did you know there as an answer song "He Wore The Green Beret" by Leslie Miller? Another need to know item.
Strangest job. Washing Blind Venetians. OK It was Venetian Blinds. I also looked after entrance to a car park at Melbourne Olympic Pool (built for the 1956 games) and because of penalty rates was being paid much more than I was as a Senior High School Teacher during the week days! I also taught Ballroom Dancing for a short while. A lot of poeple thought that was strange!

Who led?

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2003, 12:41:53 PM »

Jane:  Probably not.  But when your surgeon retired and then apparently died a few years later, there isn't much you can do about malpractice now.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up