Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL FRIDAY OF 2007  (Read 53799 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE FINAL FRIDAY OF 2007
« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »

Oh, God, I love the stupidity of the soaps! Today AS THE WORLD TURNS is on New Year's Eve, and it will probably be New Year's Eve for the next week.  Last week Christmas Day arrived on its traditional Dec. 25.  The soaps have the strangest fiscal calendars.

It was New Year's Eve yesterday, too. I haven't watched today's episode yet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: December 28, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »

Page Eight Sirius Black (with Lupin) Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: December 28, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »

My outing was surprisingly warm for late December. I didn't even need a jacket. It started raining a couple of hours after I got back home, so I'm glad I wasn't out when the rain started.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2007, 01:21:53 PM »

When I got in, I put on the next-to-last GREY'S ANATOMY episode from Season 2 (the L-Vad wire episode) and watched that while I cooked and ate lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: December 28, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »

Then, I put in disc 2 from the ZODIAC DVD set. It is CRAMMED full of information about both the making of the film (almost an hour long documentary) and in a separate section, interviews with all five of the Zodiac killer's crime investigators and survivors. That part of the bonus has already run 90 minutes, and I'm still watching it, though it has gotten to the last murder (the cab driver), so I'm thinking it doesn't have much more to run.

The movie has eeriely captured the look and feel of the period and the people which, apart from how well it's directed, makes it seem so memorable.

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: December 28, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »

There is one more section on the bonus feature disc about the real crimes to watch, and then I'll be finished with ZODIAC.

I can start on GUNSMOKE tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2007, 01:37:52 PM »

Where can I get me some of that ice cream???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »

I'm going to take a drive.  I spent the last couple of hours typing up book notes, and then working at the piano.

Ginny

« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2007, 01:42:47 PM »

Where can I get me some of that ice cream???

BK, here's Graeter's Online Store
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »

There are 2 (count 'em, 2) Graeter's locations between work and home.  Do you have any idea how difficult it's going to be not to stop at one on my way home tonight?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »

...now it is time for you to post until the cows come home...

Soon Bk, soon.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

td

• td
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2007, 02:02:13 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR JULIE!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »

Going to write a little bit and then go back downstairs. I have to clean the bedroom areas which I haven't gotten to yet today and then I'll settle back in for the evening viewing.

WBBL.

td

• td
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »

Wasn't "Oh, Diaphanous" a Rogers & Hart song?

Yes.

From their smash hit musical THE BOYS IN THE BAND FROM SYRACUSE.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »

Good day one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2007, 02:14:13 PM »

Yes.

From their smash hit musical THE BOYS IN THE BAND FROM SYRACUSE.

That reminds me of the hilarious thread that I think was on CASTRECL (or was it here?) of combined show names (with descriptions).  My favorite, loosely paraphrased, was Brigadoonesbury--once every 100 years Elizabeth Swados writes a hit, and this is it!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2007, 02:14:50 PM »

Coming soon in your mail box:

der Brucer

DBF will be happy. He is a Bette Davis fan... However he holds a candle for Susan Sarandon.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Julie and I hope you have a lovely day filled with freinds, family and surprises!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »

BTW, that is a good photo of Bette on the stamp. I like it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2007, 02:18:40 PM »

I got a package from DR Ginny today! Many thanks. What can it be in two attractively wrapped boxes?

I also had a wonderful time at that t5he NYPL Music Division with my friend Bob Kosovsky.  He always makes me laugh.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2007, 02:20:52 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane and DD Sherlock!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »

Elmore, it is freinds who make you smile and laugh that get one through. It is something that is helping me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2007, 02:27:40 PM »

I thought the Bette Davis comment was a "Peta! Peta! Peta!" reference.

(Did Bette Davis ever actually say "Peter, Peter, Peter?" Is it a legend the way cary grant apparently never actually siad "Judy, Judy, Judy.")

and here i thought you were talking about Pita bread.... ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2007, 02:31:14 PM »

Elmore, it is freinds who make you smile and laugh that get one through. It is something that is helping me.

I agree. On my darkest days, it's my support system of dear friends and neighbors that keep me going.  I can't count on family because they're too far away but I thank God every day for the friends on this site and elsewhere that get me through it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2007, 02:33:35 PM »

Oh, God, I love the stupidity of the soaps! Today AS THE WORLD TURNS is on New Year's Eve, and it will probably be New Year's Eve for the next week.  Last week Christmas Day arrived on its traditional Dec. 25.  The soaps have the strangest fiscal calendars.

I also thought the episode was a tad cheesier than usual. CBS preempts many of the soaps next week with bowl games as does NBC and ABC so th end of the year the eppies get bumped everywhere.

It will be innteresting to see if the shows bring in scab writers. Even YR was not that good today.  I am still boycotting Days

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »

I agree. On my darkest days, it's my support system of dear friends and neighbors that keep me going.  I can't count on family because they're too far away but I thank God every day for the friends on this site and elsewhere that get me through it.

Freinds can be family also. This board is a wonderful group. I have not posted a lot lately but the posts and singdaw's interesting photos have made me laugh. Laura's and Jose's pics have made me sigh in their beauty. I have appreciated it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »

I still say the best writing of the soaps was back in the 80s and early 90s

BTW, Elmore, I have enjoyed your friend, Ron Raines, on GL. He is a fine actor.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »

Well, I was wrong! It's now 2008 on AS THE WORLD TURNS.

Yep and on all the ABC soaps also

My mother was watching part of DOOL and I caught an ad that was playing:

It was an commercial for a fitness website.

Part of the script was " Start out 2007 on a healthy note." It then provided the url fo the site.

One problem...... 2007 is almost over.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2007, 02:48:16 PM »

I still say the best writing of the soaps was back in the 80s and early 90s

BTW, Elmore, I have enjoyed your friend, Ron Raines, on GL. He is a fine actor.

He's also one of the best gentlemen alive and a wonderful baritone, to boot! He's also very funny, which he hardly ever gets a chance to be on the soap.

I have to run to Coppola's now to meet Cathie and Alice for dinner.  I'll check in when I return.  Ginny's parcel was quite lovely!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2007, 02:49:27 PM »

... luscious take-out...

Surely you jest - the best we can do aroung here would be Taco Bell!

Besides, he's agreed to cook "breakfast", which is fine by me.

(He outdid himself last night with "Cantonese Pan Fried Chicken with Lemon" and fresh baby Brussels' sprouts cooked with bacon.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up