Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: APRIL COME SHE WILL  (Read 4137 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: APRIL COME SHE WILL
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2020, 02:06:21 PM »

Vibes for NICKY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2020, 02:06:35 PM »

And that takes us to page FOUR.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2020, 02:06:48 PM »

Good answer MR BK.....glad to hear it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2020, 02:07:30 PM »

Of course Miss Hazel Court was the heroine but not the titular character in DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS.....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2020, 02:17:11 PM »

Made pasta with red onions and mushrooms but the mushrooms tasted weird so I avoided those, only having had one, which I spit out.  The sauce was fine but I threw out about three ounces of it.  Part of the problem is that I wanted a dash of cayenne - I unscrewed the cap to add and dumped in a ton because they've now changed the way you do it - flip-top now.  I cleaned most of it out since it was all on top but enough was still  there to make it too spicy for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2020, 02:27:54 PM »

DR JANE the slack times seem to be in the late morning or mid-afternoon.........

10:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 4 p.m.

Thanks. 

Jane

« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2020, 02:28:58 PM »

Back from the banking.  The first bank I went to in Studio City was Chase, to cash my pension check because BofA hasn't been cashing them for the last three months - they want to deposit and hold and I won't do it.  But Chase branch is closed, so on to the second bank, which went quickly, thank goodness, and then on to BofA, where I put in cash and tried to cash the pension check, which they couldn't.  I told them Chase was closed and I'd have to go to Sherman Oaks then to that branch of BofA and I was sure BofA wouldn't want me out and about that long, and she cashed it and I was done.  The whole thing, with walking, took about fifteen minutes.

LOL, I like your reasoning.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2020, 02:45:02 PM »

Fred Meyer is a Kroger store, maybe they do the same.  Odd though, when I go on our local website it constantly thinks we are in Idaho Falls. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2020, 02:45:29 PM »

I’m on hold at work. I don’t like it. Not one bit.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

Made pasta with red onions and mushrooms but the mushrooms tasted weird so I avoided those, only having had one, which I spit out.  The sauce was fine but I threw out about three ounces of it.  Part of the problem is that I wanted a dash of cayenne - I unscrewed the cap to add and dumped in a ton because they've now changed the way you do it - flip-top now.  I cleaned most of it out since it was all on top but enough was still  there to make it too spicy for me.

I hate when that happens.

John G.

« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2020, 02:46:03 PM »

But I’ve got the Theater de Lys 3Penny on. Happy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2020, 02:52:42 PM »

My mind is fried  I've spent the last two hours converting Finale files to pdf files.  There's too much concentration involved.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2020, 02:52:56 PM »

My brother who is the manager of the Greencastle Aldi says that old folks shopping time is the WORST time to go - no social distancing and LOTS of people.

He says that other times of the day there are only two or three folks in the store......

DR JRand, we saw some news footage from a Kroger store that made me suspect as much.  We are now thoroughly sold on pre-ordering for curbside pick-up and I've been coaching, via text, my friend Rebecca on how to do that.  It would be so much easier to show her in person...

My problem is I do not want any substitutes.  Keith likes to check expiration dates.  For some reason many of the foods we buy are expired or have too short of an expiration date.  As for vegetables, we want to pick our own. 

For now we will continue to go inside the store and do our best to avoid people.  We are going less often.  I purchased cabbage I didn't need yesterday as it lasts a long time.

Yes, substitutes are an issue.  The system we're using at Kroger gives you the option to not allow any substitutes.  Or, if you do allow them, you're given the opportunity to accept or reject the proposed sub.  It's not perfect, but for now it's the best option for us. 

I've developed a deeper understanding, though, of how powerless my mother felt when she started relying on others (mostly me) to shop for her.

At least you purchased what she wanted even if it wasn't good for her.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2020, 02:55:35 PM »

Pixie, the neighbor below me, brought me a casserole of chicken cacciatore last night.  I'm having a bit of it now.  Sooooo good!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2020, 02:57:28 PM »

DR elmore you do have a few very nice neighbors.  I also like your governor very much.

John G.

« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2020, 03:09:50 PM »

I am still waiting. And waiting.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2020, 03:32:50 PM »

Listening to the soundtrack of the horrible film version of 3Penny Opera. Terrible lyrics from Menachem Golan, who directed. And the orchestrator seems to have thrown accordion at every song. (What is the squeezebox version of “More cowbell!”) But Julia Migenes, Roger Daltry, Raul Julia and even Richard Harris give it their all.

Back in the days, I rented that film version "Mack the Knife" from a local video rental.  The opening number, "Mack the Knife," was so full of prancing chorus boys I turned it off and saw no more of it.

John G.

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »

― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2020, 04:24:10 PM »

DR elmore you do have a few very nice neighbors.

Better than mine.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2020, 04:32:14 PM »

DR Laura I am so very sorry you have such horrible neighbors and stupid laws.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2020, 04:34:28 PM »

I have a facebook friend who's mother is in the hospital with a blood clot.  The mother is improving.  I am just mentioning this as my friend, a doctor, believes her mother wasn't moving enough during this quarantine.

Please don't forget to keep moving and stretching, whatever you can do even if it is simple movements.

John G.

« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2020, 04:35:44 PM »

Back to Fort Apache. Not thrilled with it. It's an excellent movie, but somehow I don't like just how recalcitrant Henry Fonda is. I can take him as a bad guy, but in this one, he's just too mule headed to be believed.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2020, 05:00:46 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »

vibes for Nicky and TCB.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »

Toyland vibes for Larry.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2020, 05:02:30 PM »

Not only is Vixmom a bargain queen, she wins for shopping queen as well. (A broader category.)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2020, 05:10:09 PM »

One of my neighbor's has been doing senior shopping, even though he's not that senior. Twice now he's told me how Costco is well-stocked and Ralph's, too. I woke up at 6 this morning and couldnt go back to sleep, so I threw on some clothes to drive to the nearby Ralph's. I passed said neighbor, who was just returning. "Where'd you go?" "Ralph's." He told me that store was well-stocked, even TP. At 7:30 there weren't many people in the store, but NO TP or PT, no alcohol, no wipes. The manager told me that they get deliveries every other day and yesterday was one of them. Out of maybe six items I was only able to find one, raisins. I think my neighbor must be shopping a different Ralph's because we had completely different experiences.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2020, 05:16:20 PM »

Around noon I drove over to Trader Joe's, where there was a line, spaced out. TJ's had even put tape on the ground to mark off 6' intervals. Even though the line looked long, there were lots of empty parking spaces, which NEVER used to be the case, so there couldn't have been all that many of us. No TP, which they said is delivered daily, but sells out instantly. I bought quite a bit, but all food, none of the hard-to-find items.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2020, 05:20:04 PM »

The woman in line behind me commented on my mask. Most people are wearing them here now and we're all getting to know the different varieties. And besides, why not chat while waiting in line? We're six feet apart and usually wearing a mask as well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2020, 05:22:36 PM »

I have a facebook friend who's mother is in the hospital with a blood clot.  The mother is improving.  I am just mentioning this as my friend, a doctor, believes her mother wasn't moving enough during this quarantine.

Please don't forget to keep moving and stretching, whatever you can do even if it is simple movements.

Both exercise and fresh air are important. I think those who are telling us to stay in are making a mistake. Stay home, yes, but I see no reason to stay inside all the time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up